Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thanks a lot for all the good advice and encouraging messages. The plan at the moment is to do some sightseeing and then get to Tottenham early in the afternoon to soak the atmosphere. Will definetly go to the coach and horses for a pint. Are there any other pubs around the stadium a Spurs fan should visit?

I would like to say that I have full understanding for the frustration fans, who frequently go games, feel when they cant get a ticket to a game like this. For me it was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I couldnt have forgiven myself for not trying to get a ticket. In my opinion there should absolutely be some kind of system in place that rewards loyal supporters with maybe a small amout of tickets reserved for foreign supporters like me who dont really have the opportunity to be loyal.

I promise you all I will not take a single selfie during the game and to sing and support the team the best I can. Next season when both me and my wife work again and the family economy is a bit better I will make my second trip to the Lane. That time i will bring my son (six years old) with me in an effort to make him a yiddo (at the moment he supports Barca and jut about every other team except for the scum, that I wont allow).

Enjoy it mate. We welcome support from anywhere especially genuine supporters like you.

COYS

:tobyarm:

ps Botas will never beat Lewis though!!

Hardly your fault the club couldn't be bothered to count the pointless "Loyalty" scheme.
Instead using a lottery system of first come first served.

Last edited:
Just came across a tout on Twitter, wouldn't engage and give me seat number though..

I've got tickets already but really irks me seeing people profiteering from demand when there are so many other fans deserve chance to be there.

I think you are entitled to support any team you want and live anywhere you like, that is not the gripe.

The gripe is you have never been to see a game and yet you got a ticket for the semi and then thought it wise to join a forum to brag about it.

That was/is a dick move.

Like I said enjoy the half and half scarf, mate.
Dickhead

Thanks a lot for all the good advice and encouraging messages. The plan at the moment is to do some sightseeing and then get to Tottenham early in the afternoon to soak the atmosphere. Will definetly go to the coach and horses for a pint. Are there any other pubs around the stadium a Spurs fan should visit?

I would like to say that I have full understanding for the frustration fans, who frequently go games, feel when they cant get a ticket to a game like this. For me it was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I couldnt have forgiven myself for not trying to get a ticket. In my opinion there should absolutely be some kind of system in place that rewards loyal supporters with maybe a small amout of tickets reserved for foreign supporters like me who dont really have the opportunity to be loyal.

I promise you all I will not take a single selfie during the game and to sing and support the team the best I can. Next season when both me and my wife work again and the family economy is a bit better I will make my second trip to the Lane. That time i will bring my son (six years old) with me in an effort to make him a yiddo (at the moment he supports Barca and jut about every other team except for the scum, that I wont allow).

Tell your boy to sort his life out son, joking, welcome to the fucking gang

What annoys me about today is all the cunts just taking up space. Not a thought in their head about going to Brighton or Huddlesfield but as soon as this game comes up they're on it.

Seriously thinking about queuing at the physical ticket office if this continues. Opens 30mins earlier. I'll fucking sleep there if need be. Anyone here do that?

This is what I did every season for Scum games and, back in that glorious Harry CL season, CL games. Yes it was pain getting up at 3am and queuing in the cold, and had to book the day off as work would’ve been a write off, but at least I’d be safe in the knowledge I’d get tickets.

The quandary I have now is whether it is the same for the new stadium, or whether they have changed it so there’s only one person on the kiosk etc. The fact that online tickets are sold out by 10.30am is worrying too. Do we know for a fact the ticket office opens at 9.30am?

As you may have guessed I didn’t take the risk of going down yesterday and am now paying for that decision through my lack of ticket, but I’d really appreciate if anyone can give feedback as to whether it is still as guaranteed as it used to be (so long as you got there early enough of course).

I remember one Scum game there was a technical hitch in the ticket office and it didn’t open until about half hour after the tickets went on sale online. I didn’t manage my usual PL lower tickets and had to go Shelf upper, but was relieved to at least have got tickets. There would’ve been people further back in the queue who might’ve come away empty handed. I can’t bear the thought of that.

So...... After today's lacklustre performance.....

How do we approach Tuesday..... Bearing in mind that we'll be without Son.......

Lloris
Trippier Sanchez Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Wanyama Eriksen Dele
Moura
Llorente

The massive problem there is that we have nowhere to go if we start that team and are getting whipped and over run. There will be no one on the bench that can change the flow of the game.

I think it has to be

Lloris
Trips Sanchez Toby Vertonghen Rose
Wanyama Dier Eriksen
Dele
Llorente

Try to contain them for 60/70 minutes and then bring on Moura for Wanyama or Dier to run at them for the last 30 minutesin the hope that we can nick one.

There's no one else to choose from is there?

I'm going to pray for a miracle that Winks and Lamela make miraculous recoveries just so that we have some options

So...... After today's lacklustre performance.....

How do we approach Tuesday..... Bearing in mind that we'll be without Son.......

Lloris
Trippier Sanchez Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Wanyama Eriksen Dele
Moura
Llorente

The massive problem there is that we have nowhere to go if we start that team and are getting whipped and over run. There will be no one on the bench that can change the flow of the game.

I think it has to be

Lloris
Trips Sanchez Toby Vertonghen Rose
Wanyama Dier Eriksen
Dele
Llorente

Try to contain them for 60/70 minutes and then bring on Moura for Wanyama or Dier to run at them for the last 30 minutesin the hope that we can nick one.

There's no one else to choose from is there?

I'm going to pray for a miracle that Winks and Lamela make miraculous recoveries just so that we have some options

Dele needs to be benched. Was poor today and has been for a long while..

My team would be -
Hugo
Trippier Toby Vertonghen Rose
Sanchez Dier
Moura Wanyama Eriksen
Llorente​

So given our players had one eye on this today, I’m expecting a huge performance. Free flowing attacking football. Truth is we’ll probably play the same way we did recently.

Back
Top Bottom