Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looking at who Ajax is playing leading up into the semis:

Before the first leg, they have a league game against De Graafschap, who is relegation material sadly. The only silver lining is that Ajax are in a tight battle with PSV for the league so they can't be COMPLETELY blase about it. But still, I imagine they'll trot out a much weakened team. Right now this game is scheduled for Sunday, but I imagine it will have to be moved to Saturday to accommodate the Tuesday CL match.

Before the second leg, they have a Sunday final of the KNVB Cup. I have no idea how important this cup is in the Netherlands. I'm sure Ajax have won it 50 times before and will not risk their CL chances for it. But still, at least it's a final, and it's on a Sunday, leaving them with a bit of short rest.
UEFA have NOT confirmed the exact dates of the semis yet!
Dates haven't been confirmed yet have they?
Seeing so many people already booked travel thinking we were playing the 2nd leg on the 7th! It hasn't been confirmed yet, I guess UEFA will do so today. But Ajax are in the Dutch Cup Final on the 5th, suggesting the second leg would be on the 8th (and therefore first leg the 30th). However Ajax also have a league match on the 28th, which would suggest that the fixtures would be the other way round. I found a Dutch news article saying that the whole Eredivisie schedule could be changed - apparently for the last 2 rounds of it all the matches have to kick off simultaneously. So moving their match on the 28th would also mean rescheduling 8 other matches! The Dutch FA have a bit of a headache in other words... Move their showpiece cup final, or move 9 league matches?

Either way, the Bournemouth match will move back to the 4th or 5th. West Ham will stay on the 27th.

Edit - just saw the official announcement. Guess they'll either be moving the whole Dutch league schedule, or Ajax will be playing twice in 3 days.

Seeing so many people already booked travel thinking we were playing the 2nd leg on the 7th! It hasn't been confirmed yet, I guess UEFA will do so today. But Ajax are in the Dutch Cup Final on the 5th, suggesting the second leg would be on the 8th (and therefore first leg the 30th). However Ajax also have a league match on the 28th, which would suggest that the fixtures would be the other way round. I found a Dutch news article saying that the whole Eredivisie schedule could be changed - apparently for the last 2 rounds of it all the matches have to kick off simultaneously. So moving their match on the 28th would also mean rescheduling 8 other matches! The Dutch FA have a bit of a headache in other words... Move their showpiece cup final, or move 9 league matches?

Either way, the Bournemouth match will move back to the 4th or 5th. West Ham will stay on the 27th.

Edit - just saw the official announcement. Guess they'll either be moving the whole Dutch league schedule, or Ajax will be playing twice in 3 days.

Our game vs Bournemouth needs to be moved as well, can't play Monday the 6th and Wednesday the 8th.

Yeah it will be. I guess Sky need to figure out how they want to rejig the schedule for that weekend before they announce it.

Going to be odd, games have been picked for Friday night, Saturday lunch and afternoon, Sunday at 2 and 4.30. No room if they want it on tv and not to clash with anything else

UEFA regs appear to say no

1. 49.04 Exceptionally, all yellow cards and pending yellow-card suspensions expire on completion of the play-offs. They are not carried forward to the group stage. In addition, all yellow cards expire on completion of the quarter-finals. They are not carried forward to the semi-finals.

1. 49.04 Exceptionally, all yellow cards and pending yellow-card suspensions expire on completion of the play-offs. They are not carried forward to the group stage. In addition, all yellow cards expire on completion of the quarter-finals. They are not carried forward to the semi-finals.

Yes he is banned for the first leg. That rule applies if a player has not earned a ban before the end of the QF second leg.

Am I missing something here or being stupid but why is everyone saying Son is suspended when the official UEFA site says “ all yellow cards expire on completion of the quarter finals. They are not carried to the semi finals” ... well that surely means Son’s yellow card is void.

Oh I understand now. What a ball ache and typical Spurs rotten luck to have Son suspended. One positive is we are at home and have the crowd to get us through that and have Moura, Ali and Llorente to get goals, then unleash Son in the 2nd leg.

We’re going to the final in Madrid. I can feel it.

And please after all these years do us some justice and let us take the big eared trophy home. Hopefully against Barcelona. I don’t know why but I just prefer them to the scousers.

That shambolic lot called Chelsea fc can no longer be the only London club with a UCL title anymore. COYS.

12 days wait.

It’s unbelievable we have waited this long to get in the ground and in the 1st month we get to play a CL QF and Semi final there.

I’m living a dream surely.

Swear this CL run is for my mum.

When we got that last minute VAR decision last night I went a bit mental then went over kissed my dad and said mums on VAR duty tonight.

Amazing.

We really have to make that stadium something else in 12 days time. Fucking COYS!!

Massive game! Extremely excited. Need Aurier fit, done with tripps. Beers is a really wing threat for them on the flank.

We’ll need a bit of better luck with injuries, we’re decimated atm

Back
Top Bottom