Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Coming on here saying you have never been to WHL before yet got a ticket for the semi final isn't the greatest of moves.
Everyone else seems to be ok with it. He's clearly a Spurs fan, and he's paid for his membership. With the way the system works, he's entitled to a chance of a ticket, and got lucky. Massively frustrating for those that were unsuccessful, but that's not his fault. I bet he's excited as fuck, and would be hard to keep that quiet

Blimey, the Dutch FA have cancelled all games this weekend to give Ajax a rest and not disadvantage other clubs.

This from a Grauniad piece quoting Danny Rose, mainly on Eriksen's new contract...

"Spurs will face a well-rested Ajax team in the home first leg next Tuesday, after the Dutch Football Association chose not only to postpone their game against De Graafschap on Sunday but also the entire Eredivisie weekend programme (...)

“I couldn’t believe it when I heard that’s what the Dutch were doing,” Rose said. “It would be nice if the people in England took a similar stance and helped us out because ultimately it’s not Tottenham against Ajax. We’re England. And we want to bring the Champions League to England.”

Christian Eriksen’s loss would be costly for Tottenham, says Danny Rose
If they were doing this ahead of facing Liverpool the stages of outrage...

UEFA is going to have to step in at some point, I'm not going to moan about it but it is arguably a competitive advantage that effects the CL. Imagine if the English FA cleared the fixture schedule ahead of a big international Euro/WC qualifier to give the English team more time to come together and prepare.

Everyone else seems to be ok with it. He's clearly a Spurs fan, and he's paid for his membership. With the way the system works, he's entitled to a chance of a ticket, and got lucky. Massively frustrating for those that were unsuccessful, but that's not his fault. I bet he's excited as fuck, and would be hard to keep that quiet
SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs - dude, how you can find issue enough with what I've said above to hit disagree I don't know. Chill out mate

Coming on here saying you have never been to WHL before yet got a ticket for the semi final isn't the greatest of moves.

Im sorry if I offended you or somebody else it certainly wasnt what I meant. It isnt because I wouldnt have wanted that i havnt been to a game at the Lane before, but being first a student and then a father of three small children, there have been other things I have had to use my hard earned money on. The cost of one game for me with flights, hotel and tickets is substantial. Then there is the fact that I will have to make the trip alone as none of my mates support Spurs.

Greetings from Finland! I was one of the lucky ones to get a ticket today. Im really sorry for all of you who didnt but at the same time Im happy the tickets arent sold on basis of loyalty points as I have never been at the Lane before and have like fifteen points.

I have been supporting Spurs since the early nineties but have never had the possibility to attend a home game. Had tickets for West Ham back in maybe 2006 but the game was rescheduled and I couldnt change my flights. Went to the 5-1 defeat in Newcastle with my brother, whos a Newcastle fan. When we booked that trip I was hoping to see Spurs win the Premier league and he was hoping for Newcastle to avoid relegation but we all know how that ended.

As you all probably can understand I am pretty enthusiastic about this trip. Does anyone here have any good advice or suggestions for me on what to do before the game? I will be arriving at gatwick nine o clock in the morning and have plenty of time to spend waiting for the game.
Climb the great fire monument, its amaaaaaaazing.

if you hate yourself, that is

Im sorry if I offended you or somebody else it certainly wasnt what I meant. It isnt because I wouldnt have wanted that i havnt been to a game at the Lane before, but being first a student and then a father of three small children, there have been other things I have had to use my hard earned money on. The cost of one game for me with flights, hotel and tickets is substantial. Then there is the fact that I will have to make the trip alone as none of my mates support Spurs.
No need to apologise mate. Hope you have a great trip and we can take a win into the 2nd leg!

Enjoy your half and half scarf.

Don't worry mate, I'm sure you'll not get shit from most. I'm happy for you that you'll finally get to go to a game, and hope it's the first of many for you in the future

Have a wonderful time Raimond. I'm sure the stadium will be alive a good 2-3 hours before kick off so cheer the boys on and I hope you get to witness something fantastic.

COYS!

Don't worry about it...there's a lot that will judge your support based on your postcode. They'll moan about how expensive their £1000 season ticket is, then call you out as a tourist when you spend 150% of that just to see one match. That is probably against West Ham, and probably been rescheduled, which means you won't actually see it. Yep, I've been there too.

C'est la vie, enjoy the night I'm sure it will be an amazing experience!

Enjoy your half and half scarf.
You dont think Im entitled to support Spurs because I live In another country?

Ive lived trough all the agony from George Graham, and Christian Gross to Andy Booth and Rasiak. Watch every game, and listen to every episode of the fighting cock. I certainly feel like a fan but im sorry I dont live in London.

I think we've got to have a Dare To Be Prudent attitude in this game, especially with Kane and Son out. Clean sheet would be massive. We need Dele the shadow striker back I think. The ideal type of game would be the 2-0 Vs Chelsea in 16/17 with us eeking out those two goals with a weakness we identify.

Ive lived trough all the agony from George Graham, and Christian Gross to Andy Booth and Rasiak. Watch every game, and listen to every episode of the fighting cock. I certainly feel like a fan but im sorry I dont live in London.
I think you are entitled to support any team you want and live anywhere you like, that is not the gripe.

The gripe is you have never been to see a game and yet you got a ticket for the semi and then thought it wise to join a forum to brag about it.

That was/is a dick move.

Like I said enjoy the half and half scarf, mate.

You don't need to justify yourself mate. Well done on getting a ticket. Hope you have an amazing time!

There's a million things to do in London and Tottenham itself has a lot to see too. Mainly pubs but also some nice parks.

Up the Spurs! :tobyarm:

Sounds like you’ve had enough time to move to London if you really wanted to..........maybe before having this “family” you speak of.

Based on that I’m now questioning your loyalty to Spurs.

:dembelelol:

I think you are entitled to support any team you want and live anywhere you like, that is not the gripe.

The gripe is you have never been to see a game and yet you got a ticket for the semi and then thought it wise to join a forum to brag about it.

That was/is a dick move.

Like I said enjoy the half and half scarf, mate.
Surely this is a wind up....... Joined just to tell everyone this - yet has never ever posted before.

Almost had me suckered in...... but then the 3 kids sob story thing when someone calls him out makes me think it's rollocks.

Why has he never posted before?

Happy for and envious of you my man. Yep, mentioning the fact or 'bragging' about it probably not a wise move. I just hope you contribute to the atmosphere, sing your heart out, and don't spend the entire game taking sellfies, etc, as there are thousands of regular fans who'd kill to attend that game. Enjoy.

Problem is that then there'd have to be a certain time at which the queue opens, e.g. an hour before tickets go on sale. And then everyone who wanted a ticket would be logging on at that exact time, and your place in the queue would be a lottery. It''d just be moving the queuing point earlier.

I think the lottery is unavoidable. What is manageable is to tell you where you are in the queue and keep it updated. At least people would KNOW what is going on.

Back
Top Bottom