Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

About 20 of them jumped up when Ajax scored in North Upper. Lots of people shouting and swearing at them, stewards went into their row but they weren't removed.
To be honest they were well behaved and I didn't see any further issues. Mate of mine was speaking to one of the stewards at half time and apparently they can't remove them as they have paid and had not done anything 'wrong'.
I was in the home end at Dortmund. When Harry scored, my mask slipped. My metaphorical mask, not my gimp mask. That simply can't slip when the zip is done up. Anyway, the Dortmund fans were totally civil to me upon discovering my allegiance. There were other Yids popping up as the game went on. No trouble though. The atmosphere was the best I've seen. Sometimes I think folk confuse aggression with atmosphere.

I was in the home end at Dortmund. When Harry scored, my mask slipped. My metaphorical mask, not my gimp mask. That simply can't slip when the zip is done up. Anyway, the Dortmund fans were totally civil to me upon discovering my allegiance. There were other Yids popping up as the game went on. No trouble though. The atmosphere was the best I've seen. Sometimes I think folk confuse aggression with atmosphere.
Exactly.
Sit in one part of a ground and you could be swapping metaphorical scarves. Sit elsewhere and you could be getting a razor slash round your boat.

About 20 of them jumped up when Ajax scored in North Upper. Lots of people shouting and swearing at them, stewards went into their row but they weren't removed.
To be honest they were well behaved and I didn't see any further issues. Mate of mine was speaking to one of the stewards at half time and apparently they can't remove them as they have paid and had not done anything 'wrong'.
Sounds similar to upper east scenario, they stayed ...

Love your optimism but where’s that goal coming from? We’re a poor team that has no right being in the last 4 in the CL. I can’t think of one of our players who seriously believes they belong at this level - and that’s ok. They’re right. We haven’t played good football for a season now - we don’t scare anyone these days. We’re easy to beat and we don’t take the chances we do create.

Poch has been great for us, but he’s so obviously hanging on to what he’s got - he’s turned into a defensive manager, trying to play attritional football with players who haven’t got the stomach for it.

We'll be a stronger team in the return leg with the return of Son + Ajax won't have the luxury of a weeks rest as they play a cup final on Sunday, leaving us with an extra days rest more than them before we play them Wednesday.

Football's a funny old game, all it takes is a moment and all of a sudden it turns. Ajax have a better record in the Champions League away from home than at home and they'll have to play to score against us as a 0-1 lead isn't enough comfort for them to sit back on.

After reflection & all things considered that we had to play with 34 year old as our main guy last night, one that alters the way we play drastically from passing to slinging long balls up there I think we are capable of nicking a goal and getting Ajax nerves rising. We've left ourselves a bigger issue than we needed with a really dull, weak and somewhat spineless performance last night but with how the first half hour was going getting away only conceding 1 goal isn't that bad. Nick a goal from a set piece, a goal against the runnof play etc and who knows. We'll be playing the same kind of team we played that scored 3 away at Man City the other week so anything is possible.

Do you reckon we should all have a group "do your lucky thing" on the eve of the 2nd leg next week?
(yes, i am willing to try anything)
I will be playing my lucky football playlist at work and having Beigals for lunch.

They were there as guest of Nissan who sponsor the CL.

So you're telling me that an Eredivisie team is going to get into the fucking final over us?
A 0-1 is not that odd given the fact that we missed 4 key players (how would Ajax look without Tadic, Ziyech, Van de Beek and De Jong?), we would've seen a completely different match if we had Winks, Sissoko (from the start), Son and Kane available yesterday and it ain't over yet.

Back
Top Bottom