Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (A) (16/02/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It looks as though we are very much in the hunt for QPR's Eze. I've only seen him once, but he looks like Grealish with pace and better work rate.
I have only seen him once as well, but I thought Eze was kind of Michael Carrick with a big engine. Good positional sense, good range of passes and gets around the field.

Good as Grealish was, can you imagine what Dembele and Wanyama would have done to him and Villa 3 or 4 years ago?

Would have been 0-8. No kidding.

We made Villa look better than they are and even then we could have scored 10.

You're pitching that at the wrong person, I took great joy and pleasure in the win.
The only agenda I have is wanting to see a competitive and cohesive team playing with a structure and going back to looking like we can beat anyone.
The fact is that at the moment we play like a misfiring engine and not the smooth Rolls Royce that we were 2 seasons back.
That said, if we win all our remaining games 4-3, 3-2 or 2-1 I'm not going to moan, but it would be better to see some clean sheets and a tighter defence.
Surely you can see that?

I love a dominating win over teams but I also adore an underserved lucky win. Personally I don’t think we’ve had either of those under Mourinho really. Yesterday we deserved the win for example.

Oh Spooky....

E19-E2717-1-D0-B-431-A-99-BB-69429-BBD3-BA7.gif

You can see how much in the next video. Same place it's always been at Villa, or at least since I have been there. One of the few grounds where you are on the side of the pitch rather than behind a goal.

Don't remember noticing before....

From TV it looked like the entire half..... i.e. A huge allocation.

Anyone know the numbers?

I love a dominating win over teams but I also adore an underserved lucky win. Personally I don’t think we’ve had either of those under Mourinho really. Yesterday we deserved the win for example.
Totally agree, we had much better chances and more than double they had, but it took an extraordinary feck up with no time to recover to give us the win.
For about 20 minutes in the first half and 10-15 in the second we looked like we were going to fall apart and we were given the runaround from a team looking to go straight back down. That's my concern

Back
Top Bottom