Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (A) (16/02/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You know what pissed me off the most about this game. After Toby equalises he runs off the pitch and everyone gathers around him. No you twat you've sorted out your fuck up and now the match is exactly where it was at kick off so get back to centre half and give your head a wobble you bean
YAWN!!!! go play FIFA if that's what you want and skip all the celebrations. fucking hell man i'll never understand you people that get PISSED OFF about your own team celebrating a goal.

there was still over an hour left and he scored a thunderfuck of a goal, something he never does.

Just saw this on the BBC Webshite:

Posted at 16:1516:15 << I like the time this was posted... one for all the Numerology fans!
#bbcfootball or text 81111 (UK only)
Nick: As an Woolwich fan, I hate that I've lost count of the number of times that Son has won a game in injury time due to an opponent's mistake. Galling.

Nick clearly doesn't remember the amount of times ArseAnal scored at 'cunt o'clock' for nigh on TWO FUCKING DECADES in the '90s/2000's!
Fairweather 'Johnny-come-lately-short-memory-prick!

Bet he wasn't doing that at full time...

Jose-Mourinho-2.jpg

Just watched the match. Not a pretty sight although I'm delighted with the outcome. But yet more questions than answers. Lloris, captain and GK???.....so hesitant, no verbal instructions to Toby. Goal absolutely down to him. And why won't he send the ball up field from a goal kick. Always rolls it to the nearest guy and that doesn't play to our strengths. Especially with Winks and Dier so weak as a combination. IMO, that is the worst midfield we could have selected. Dier is finished just as much as Jan. Lumbering about like an old water buffalo. Pitiful. Shocked that it took so long to get Dier off. GLC made an immediate difference so why doesn't Mou either start him or bring him on earlier? Where was Ndombele? Have we just wasted 40 mil? Deli unspeakably awful. When I think back to the player he was 3/4 years ago.....and when did Son become so greedy? Head down, thinking he can just keep dribbling....didn't work once that I saw. And he is definitely NOT a dead ball player, especially penalties. That was one of the worst penalties I can remember. Lucas should be taking them or maybe Toby.
I thought that Atkinson actually had a decent game. Difficult to believe after all the stupid fouls from Aurier that he wasn't even carded. I was a big Mou fan when he arrived but quite honestly, his team selections are as stupid as Poch's...I'm really having some doubts now. The game could have gone either way. After the second goal, he should have brought on Japhet and GLC for the 2nd half. He gave them that goal and that last gasp mistake from Engels was a life line. Talk about luck. If we play like that against Chelski, we;re not going to win...or even draw. And I'm not looking forward to Wednesday.
It's tough being a Spurs fan.

Absolute load of bollocks. Fuck off back to the Emirates you gooner nonce.

We've picked up more points in the league than anyone bar Liverpool since Mourinho arrived, and you're 'having doubts'.

Off you must fuck, son. He's clearly doing a decent job, is very good tactically, and uses his subs well. Absolutely deserves a full transfer window, and pre-season to implement his stuff properly.

Poch had 5 years and you're having doubts with Jose after 5 minutes.

Piss off.

Lloris- time to go. Didn’t understand why everyone was so looking forward to having him back after injury. Accident prone. Doesn’t command the 6 yard box let alone the area and has stopped sweeping. Gazza looks more secure until a replacement can be found

Sanchez- solid

Aurier- gets in good positions but terrible crossing. Accident waiting to happen defensively

Davies- unlikely to ever be a world beater but solid and a trier. Grew into the game

Toby- great finish but not the player he was. Tanganga unlucky not to start

Winks- ok

Dier- horribly immobile but better than people gave him credit for today.

Dele- very wasteful and lack of pace so apparent in everything he did

Moura- tried hard but again very wasteful

Son- the enigma that is Son. Bloody awful but 2 goals scored. Superb finish at end

Bergwijn - grew into the game
Entire team 10/10
Fucking love Tottenhammmm
Fucking love Tottenham
Fucking love Tottenham

Was about to come in here and start kicking off, because according to the BBC we are playing Leipzig on the 18th, and I couldn’t see why this game was then scheduled for the Sunday. But the good old Beeb got that one wrong.

But still, why is it on a Sunday? Could easily be played on the Saturday to give us a day more to prepare for the Leipzig match.
The whole pandering to the TV companies really pisses me off when these sort of things happen. There is 0 reason to be playing on the Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom