Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (A) (16/02/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was about to come in here and start kicking off, because according to the BBC we are playing Leipzig on the 18th, and I couldn’t see why this game was then scheduled for the Sunday. But the good old Beeb got that one wrong.

But still, why is it on a Sunday? Could easily be played on the Saturday to give us a day more to prepare for the Leipzig match.
The whole pandering to the TV companies really pisses me off when these sort of things happen. There is 0 reason to be playing on the Sunday.
American influence. TV taking over.

Was about to come in here and start kicking off, because according to the BBC we are playing Leipzig on the 18th, and I couldn’t see why this game was then scheduled for the Sunday. But the good old Beeb got that one wrong.

But still, why is it on a Sunday? Could easily be played on the Saturday to give us a day more to prepare for the Leipzig match.
The whole pandering to the TV companies really pisses me off when these sort of things happen. There is 0 reason to be playing on the Sunday.

American influence. TV taking over.

Sat/Tues
Sun/Wed

...Is standard stuff as far as fixture scheduling goes over here.

Mind you; City has Sat/Wed.

(Chavs Sat/Tues & Dippers Sat/Tues)

I got yellow carded and called a racist cunt last year
latest

I have no idea what happened before.

But.

Just so you are aware........ some say that’s the new uniform of racism you have posted!! Polo shirt and khaki chinos. Would says it a coincidence but Hercule Poirot taught me that’s often not the case.

“Markers of white supremacy such as Nazi and Confederate flags were on display. But on the march, it looked as if an army of JC Penney mannequins had become sentient. Scores of white men dressed in crisp polos and khakis, turning the uniform of business-casual blasé into a white-hot statement”

There is no place for racism on here.

And personally there are only two things I can't stand in this world:
People who are intolerant of other people's cultures.

And the Dutch.

Lloris
Walker - King - Alderweireld - Davies
Dembele - Modric
Bale - Van Der Vaart - Son
Kane

Robinson, Vertonghen, Rose, Ndombele, Dele, Eriksen, Defoe.​

Jennings
Knowles - King - England - Hughton
Ardilles - Modric
Ginola - Hoddle - Bale
Kane

Lightweight in deep midfield but this would be my team from my times. I doubt Villa will offer too much and Ledley and Mike are both more than capable of stepping up and covering defensive midfield duties.

I'd have Greaves and Danny (RIP) and Big Dave(RIP) in there, Bobby Smith (RIP) , Bill Brown (RIP) , John White (RIP, who my 74 year old brother in law still reckons is the greatest of all time) on the bench but I never saw them play. Almost certain I saw Cyril (RIP) and Mike though.

I'm also going for a pure fantasy subs bench - Hugo, Erik the Viking, 2015 Danny Rose, Deportive-period Naybet, 2015 Walker, Toby and Jan, Carrick, Dembele, Sandro at his prime, VDV, Ricky Villa, Anderton, Keane, Defoe, Raziak.

1998 Sulzeer is on a red, and, like Bergwijn, unavailable

Manager: Bill Nick. Assistants: Keith B and Poch for the modern day input

Last edited:
Lloris
Walker - King - Alderweireld - Davies
Dembele - Modric
Bale - Van Der Vaart - Son
Kane

Robinson, Vertonghen, Rose, Ndombele, Dele, Eriksen, Defoe.​

I call banter....

Why?

No Bergwijn obv. :pochrolleyes: