Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (A) (16/02/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apparently the Villa manager is banging on about a "farcical VAR decision" that gave us the penalty.

I can only see one farcical decision - the decision of the Villa manager to embarrass himself and his club by pretending it wasn't a penalty. When you upend an opponent in your own penalty box, guess what it is...

I'm having a cheeky late night liqueur, trying to stay awake for MotD (an hour later here) but this is my view of things...

No one played really well, but also no one played played really badly. I thought Dier and Winks were great in the first half

We really miss a centre forward

Villa were really good the first 20 mins, then we got back in the game and equalised. Then it was 50-50. It clearly was a penalty but I didn't think it was in real time. So where are we with VAR? I'd have been perfectly happy in another life if it hadn't been given, then moaned when I saw the replays, but the right decision was given. Where does this stand with all the stupid LiVARpool nonsense? Doesn't it also apply to us, when it works in our favour?

Second half I thought we started well, then gave away a sort of soft goal from a corner. For a while we looked shit, then shook ourselves out of it. Maybe it was Gio and later Gedson coming on. Not that either did anything briliant, but they changed something,

We got lucky, but so do Liverpool and City, so do winning teams.

YIDS

Last edited:
Not sure what people are complaining about.

Only Liverpool have more points in the league than we have since JM joined. He’s changed tactics from game to game, and doing the best he can with a squad that has been dog shit for a year, and needs serious reinvestment. We are still in the CL and FA Cup and have closed the gap to Chelsea to a point. And lost to Chelsea in that time too.

Give the man time and appreciate the wins. Fuck me. Liverpool have been scraping lucky wins all season, will win the league and their fans are behind the team.

We are “scraping” wins (and win three on the bounce for the first time in ages) and some of you are whinging.

Yesterday was entertaining. Last minute winner. VAR drama. And we won. Enjoy it.

Obligatory Winks celebration photo....

EQ6N06kWkAAdk-T

Back
Top Bottom