Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (A) (16/02/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hate Graelish, a diving wanker with hair combed with a pork shop. Apart from that, I'd love him in spurs, and I'm sure he'll play a big part in the England team in the Euros this summer. If his English?

We won because we had the better players.
Could have scored 10 goals today.
Toby said he was tired after 8 hours travelling yesterday after his chav got dropped midweek.
Well done Jose with the team selection. Draw not an option for him.
Sanchez won't start v RBL IMO.

Some absolutely appalling individual performances (again) today. Really crazy how we were consistently missing chances to kill the game, as Villa were regularly presenting us with opportunities. Their defending somehow was even worse than our long-ball attack. And of course our defending was perilous as usual at the moment.

Hope we can put in a much improved display on Wednesday! In any case thanks for the 3pts Mr Villa CB, and let's keep momentum moving forward.

Some absolutely appalling individual performances (again) today. Really crazy how we were consistently missing chances to kill the game, as Villa were regularly presenting us with opportunities. Their defending somehow was even worse than our long-ball attack. And of course our defending was perilous as usual at the moment.

Hope we can put in a much improved display on Wednesday! In any case thanks for the 3pts Mr Villa CB, and let's keep momentum moving forward.

With Kane and Sissoko out, Ndombele, Bergwijn and Lo Celso still finding their feet, Davies and Hugo just coming back from lay offs at the moment all I'm worried about are the results mate.

6 points against Man City at home and Aston Villa away..... 4 months ago we are walking away with 1 point, possibly 0 from that spell.

Hard to see how we look until we see Kane holding the torch again. A big win today and achieved whilst keeping Lo Celso, Tanganga, Gedson and Ndombele fresh. All in all it was a good day.

we have missed the boat with him, Levy mucking about in last few seasons trying to get the price down, we could have got him at £25m last season and maybe worth £60m now (we have lost out on £40m on ok assets book well done Levy)

The Villa buy out prevented a deal going through.

We got Ndombele, GLC & Gedson instead.

No big deal.

We won because we had the better players.
Could have scored 10 goals today.
Toby said he was tired after 8 hours travelling yesterday after his chav got dropped midweek.
Well done Jose with the team selection. Draw not an option for him.
Sanchez won't start v RBL IMO.
Your hatred of Sanchez is beyond a fucking joke.

Much like Toby's performance today.

With Kane and Sissoko out, Ndombele, Bergwijn and Lo Celso still finding their feet, Davies and Hugo just coming back from lay offs at the moment all I'm worried about are the results mate.

6 points against Man City at home and Aston Villa away..... 4 months ago we are walking away with 1 point, possibly 0 from that spell.

Hard to see how we look until we see Kane holding the torch again. A big win today and achieved whilst keeping Lo Celso, Tanganga, Gedson and Ndombele fresh. All in all it was a good day.

It's not like we were playing well and getting results when Kane was fit. I'd argue we were in worse form just prior to Kane getting injured. We're resilient and will keep fighting. Just like when Kane was sitting out last year due to injury, we'll be fine and continue to get results without Kane mate.

It's not like we were playing well and getting results when Kane was fit. I'd argue we were in worse form just prior to Kane getting injured. We're resilient and will keep fighting. Just like when Kane was sitting out last year due to injury, we'll be fine and continue to get results without Kane mate.

Note the WHOLE post....

Davies is now back, the trouble-makers are now gone, Gedson & Bergwien have since arrived and are looking good; GLC is helping our creative rut (as hopefully Ndombele will do sooner or later), but we're struggling to convert chances and we're still struggling to hold the ball up...

Kane's return will be the final piece of the puzzle. To say otherwis is to completely ignore how Jose intends the team to play.

How many games did Jose get being able to utilise Kane? How many has he had being able to utilise Kane and Bergwijn in the same starting XI?

Take Raul Jimenez, Jamie Vardy or Calvert-Lewin out of their respective teams and how well do you think they do at present? Jose has been piecing his team together with no genuine LB, no 1st choice GK, a wantaway Eriksen etc give it a little time to find it's feet.

Back
Top Bottom