Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich (01-10-19) (20:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In case you missed it he was rested last Tuesday.

I

Will

Bet

£20

To

The

Charity

Of

Your

Choice

That

He

Starts

As

A

Center-Forward

On

Tuesday.

P.s. You HONESTLY think he was "ambling around like an old man" today?
1. Poch is likely to play him, yes.

2. I'm not sure you can watch the game and come to any other conclusion than he was jogging around...as what has now become the norm for him.

2. I'm not sure you can watch the game and come to any other conclusion than he was jogging around...as what has now become the norm for him.

Then again, I'm not sure how you can watch the game today and come away singing the tune you have all evening....

I'm not saying he's pressing like a monster, but he still works his bollocks off.

He's a world class CF yet you want you play him as #10 and drop him altogether for a CL tie against one of Europe's finest.

As an aside, you seem hell-bent on blaming him for our lack of collective pressing... So I ask you; considering we've played a front 2 for much of the last 12 months, how comes his pacier partner (be that Son or Lucas) hasn't been leading the press for us... Unless that is it's not being demanded of us by the manager?

Then again, I'm not sure how you can watch the game today and come away singing the tune you have all evening....

I'm not saying he's pressing like a monster, but he still works his bollocks off.

He's a world class CF yet you want you play him as #10 and drop him altogether for a CL tie against one of Europe's finest.

As an aside, you seem hell-bent on blaming him for our lack of collective pressing... So I ask you; considering we've played a front 2 for much of the last 12 months, how comes his pacier partner (be that Son or Lucas) hasn't been leading the press for us... Unless that is it's not being demanded of us by the manager?

What tune?

You're not even reading my posts properly.

And Son and Moura both press very well indeed. But if you have two up in that shitty Diamond and one isn't pressing (Kane, invariably) it doesn't catch properly.

It's an obvious problem.

I have no idea why people are pretending everything is fine.

Anything genuinely good we've produced has been down to our pressing prowess which charges and lights up our game.

It's what actually makes our game work. It's everything.

What tune?

This Kane sonnet.... During the game and in multiple threads throughout the evening since.

Isn't your point essentially 'we don't press, cos Kane can't press'?

You're not even reading my posts properly.

And Son and Moura both press very well indeed. But if you have two up in that shitty Diamond and one isn't pressing (Kane, invariably) it doesn't catch properly.

It's an obvious problem.

I have no idea why people are pretending everything is fine.

Anything genuinely good we've produced has been down to our pressing prowess which charges and lights up our game.

It's what actually makes our game work. It's everything.

...maybe you aren't reading my post properly?

I asked you why Son/Lucas aren't leading the press instead. Even if you drop Kane to a #10 as per your wishes, he will still be required to press, he just won't be leading it.

If this is a legit problem, then what you propose evidently won't solve it; you've just conceded as much.

jjFjaWQ.jpg

Gazza, Davies, Sanchez, Wanayama, Alli, Eriksen, Kane
giphy.gif

This Kane sonnet.... During the game and in multiple threads throughout the evening since.

Isn't your point essentially 'we don't press, cos Kane can't press'?

...maybe you aren't reading my post properly?

I asked you why Son/Lucas aren't leading the press instead. Even if you drop Kane to a #10 as per your wishes, he will still be required to press, he just won't be leading it.

If this is a legit problem, then what you propose evidently won't solve it; you've just conceded as much.

You should watch the game again.

At 10 he's in the second line and, let's say, has Moura and Lamela either side of him who will both bring intensity behind the lead press from Son.

We already know he can play there as he habitually drops deep now anyway and has great passing ability.

Using Kane this way gives the press a much better chance of 'catching', throughout, rather than not having the first instance drive and impetus that he either doesn't provide at point, or hinders when in a two in a shitty Diamond, in the first line.

It would be a useful exercise to observe how the dynamic plays out.

I'm confident it would greatly improve our overall press as a team.

I accept that you think otherwise.

Focus on his 'pressing' over the next few games, your mind might chance.

You should watch the game again.

At 10 he's in the second line and, let's say, has Moura and Lamela either side of him who will both bring intensity behind the lead press from Son.

We already know he can play there as he habitually drops deep now anyway and has great passing ability.

Using Kane this way gives the press a much better chance of 'catching', throughout, rather than not having the first instance drive and impetus that he either doesn't provide at point, or hinders when in a two in a shitty Diamond, in the first line.

It would be a useful exercise to observe how the dynamic plays out.

I'm confident it would greatly improve our overall press as a team.

I accept that you think otherwise.

Focus on his 'pressing' over the next few games, your mind might chance.
'catching' lol
Leave it out ffs

Draw a huge line under all that has happened this season and start a fresh page for this match. This is where we see just how good the squad and the manager are performing currently. Bayern went top of the bundesliga table yesterday with an away win at Paderborn (who were bottom I grant you). They remain unbeaten in 6 games and have scored 19 goals conceding 6.
These are the games that will demand a solid performance, no room for red cards or goalkeeping blunders. With the right selection and tactics Poch has the players to come away with a comfortable win and that would do far more for overall confidence and morale than yesterday's result. :thumbup:

Funnily enough I think that the OP might be right about Kane not playing, but not because Poch wants to drop him. . .

Alistair gold said that Kane took his boots off at the final whistle and was feeling his ankle. There was a point where he went down clutching at his leg during the game but we’ll see if it’s anything to do with that.

It obviously isn’t the same severe injury he’s had before but there might be some swelling or something. Tuesday might come to soon I guess we will Find out tomorrow.

Or

Alistair gold could be chatting out his ass again :harrysmile:

Harry has to be managed properly and not carelessly flogged.

The game is in just 3 days time.

He also got clattered at the end of the game today iirc.

He's had numerous long-term injuries and now ambles around the front line like an old man.

Start son to drive the team's press and get them going and then have Harry in the wings.

It's vital we make CL again this season and build momentum in the prem.

Managing Harry - which includes not having him hinder us engaging full pressing mode - is key.

Anyone who thinks this is the same Harry is kidding themselves.

He's lost much of his intensity and cutting-edge.

Just too many injuries to that ankle imo.

Luckily his raw talent and instinct is still bringing him valuable goals for us.

I love the guy, but that doesn't prevent me being objective about his game.

Ridiculous post

I thought Harry was looking more like his old self

First name on the team sheet for me

Good news is we have a reasonably large number of players fit so we can put out a side where a few players didn't play today.

A few players like Winks looked pretty knackered by the end and Ndombele seems to be finding 90 minute PL matches a problem.

Big issue for Poch is does he decide Aurier will have a ban next PL match so he starts v Bayern - that's my nightmare that Poch thinks that way !
I'd prefer to see Aurier start and not KWP. But I think Sissoko is our best bet at RB at the moment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom