Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich (01-10-19) (20:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's like saying that you would be happier to ride to work on a donkey because your cars running rough and needs a service.
You'd give away one of the most sought after managers on the planet and take a punt at - go on then, who?
Something big is wrong, and it needs sorting out, but getting rid of the guy who can do it isnt the answer.
Levy needs to show why he gets the big bucks and sort this shit out and he needs to do it quickly.

My guess is that shifting the want away players, getting in a decent central defender that can drive the team and dumping the dross will be better than sacking the one person who has the skillset to fix it.

You won’t respond and I don’t give a fuck but if your saviour has the skill set to fix it why hasn’t he done so when it’s obvious things have been wrong since the beginning of the year???

And you have a go at Sammy??
Lmfao

I feel sorry for Poch. What is he meant to do with a squad like this? Won't be surprised if he walks.

Give KWP, Skipp & Foyth game time, along with the likes of Kane, Winks & Son. At least then we'll have half a team that give 100%. We can't get any worse.

I don’t

Not now

He’s fucked up players careers with his fickleness and favouritism

Soldado
Janssen
Nearly Sissoko
Llorente

And now he’s doing his best to remove Lucas’s confidence and fuck his career up too

Lots of people here forget Bayern is a very strong team. If you are not focused they will punish you severely. Still I am convinced Spurs will reach the group stage, with or without Pocchetino. Two wins and a draw in the next four games will be enough.

“Not focused”??

Putting it mildly mate

That ball Toby sent lamely down the middle that cost us the 6th goal really hurts to watch back. Might as well have had a ribbon on it.
The thing is though, Bayern can play that game again and we win 6-1 or it's 4-4. I can't find the stat I saw early this morning so this isn't 100% accurate but to score as many as they did from the positions they did has only been done something like 5 or 6 times before and of those 5 or 6 games it was Bayern who had achieved it something like 4 or 5 times!!! (the only game I can recall from the stat was it was a recent game against Roma).

That's the thing that sticks in the craw the most, the score is a total cluster fuck of a game and in history, it will be remembered as such, but what will be forgotten is that we weren't battered. It still feels odd to write that given the scoreline and I don't know if it even matters or not, probably not, but I honestly don't have too much of an issue with the game. The result I absolutely do and my concerns are around how we respond to it.

come June 1st when sissoko is lifting the CL trophy in Turkey we will all be laughing about last night! They may have won the battle but we will win the fucking war ! :tobyarm::angryscouser:

How's this for timing? Got a call this morning to say that a guy at work has managed to get me tickets for the Bayern game in Munich at €100! Actually made me smile........more hysterical laughter tbh

The old White Hart Lane, regardless of how much we loved it would have damaged us long term as it's a game built on money these days. We've gone from having the 13th biggest club stadium in the country, slightly larger than the likes of Middlesborough, Cardiff and Derby to the 2nd largest behind Man U. That extra profit made makes a massive difference to our muscle in the future when it comes to wages and fees we can pay.

With TV money being pretty evenly distributed across the PL teams recently, the only thing that differentiates us are gate receipts, commercial partnerships and supporter base. All of these can and will grow with a new stadium like the one we've now got. It's a pain but it's the nature of the beast mate.
Total shit, 2nd biggest club, TV and rights are way above ticket revenue, twat.

... I’m desperately trying to remain calm and positive in all aspects of life. Work and Spurs are testing that at the moment

... I’m desperately trying to remain calm and positive in all aspects of life. Work and Spurs are testing that at the moment
Know what you mean, some not very nice stuff to deal with at the mo, and Spurs are supposed to give me moments of escapism, not add to my woes! Ah well, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, character is like a photograph, developes in the dark, etc etc. Keep your chin up :)

Back
Top Bottom