Tottenham Hotspur v Bournemouth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The atmosphere has been noticeably worse this season. There has been a dramatic difference. Maybe it is the ballot system. Today was god awful as was Watford. Fortunately the Bournemouth fans were pretty poor as well so we were not shown up (I am aware 4-0 makes it difficult for them). People blame the family stand and the west stand all the time but the Park Lane does fuck all most of the time. I actually think having more seats available will improve things.
Right now I think we have one of the worst home atmospheres in the league. I love going to WHL but I have been embarrassed recently. I look at the away fans and wonder what on earth they must think. We are flying in the league, playing the best football in my lifetime yet the stadium is dead silent and when we do chant it is unoriginal dross.

I fully agree about the support being poor / quiet during most of the game which makes no sense when we consider how well the team is doing and the performances that the players are turning in. Our away support is brilliant by contrast. Other posters have mentioned encouraging younger fans to attend, which I'm all for, but not sure that is the answer. I sit in the Paxton end and around me its pockets of mostly older guys (late 50s / early 60s) that seem to be trying to get chants going.

I fully agree about the support being poor / quiet during most of the game which makes no sense when we consider how well the team is doing and the performances that the players are turning in. Our away support is brilliant by contrast. Other posters have mentioned encouraging younger fans to attend, which I'm all for, but not sure that is the answer. I sit in the Paxton end and around me its pockets of mostly older guys (late 50s / early 60s) that seem to be trying to get chants going.

I think the ballot system ain't helped with the atmosphere, as if you get given a ticket you can't choose where to sit. Means people who would usually go to the shelf to stand and sing all game might end up in the west stand eating prawn sandwiches.....and vice versa
No disrespect to the prawn sandwich brigade, but hopefully at w mbeley and the new stadium if someone wants to stand and sing they will get to sit in that area.... and the same if someone wants to sit and watch the game they will know where they can do so......

Just 2 more home games left, let's win them both and go the whole season unbeaten.....
it's nice to be above woolwich but as poch say we are more worried about catching the chavs then finishing above the shite....
What a fucking time to be a yid......
Let's just hope trump and Kim don't start launching bombs and start WW3 as that would be sooooo fucking Spursy... best team I have ever seen wear the badge and the world ends........
Funnily enough, that's exactly what I was thinking..... if we do manage to win anything this year, something will happen to make it null and void, knowing our luck!

Funnily enough, that's exactly what I was thinking..... if we do manage to win anything this year, something will happen to make it null and void, knowing our luck!

Apparently the Premier league are due to make a loss of over 300 million this year, so knowing our luck if we did manage to pull of the great escape the PL would go bust so it wouldn't even count ......:pochsulk::pochwtf::pochfacepalm:

Enjoyed the game immensely, scary that I am now only satisfied with at least a 4-0 win at home :)
I can only analyse a game from our point of view and I asked the question yesterday, as to whether we are that good or the opposition are that bad, we seem to find it so easy. I'm not complaining, the football we play at times takes my breath away, but I suppose I'm just waiting for it to go 'Spursy', as it usually does. For pete's sake, hope that this is the season it goes right for us, don't know if I can take any more disappointment on the levels we have had to put up with since Lasagnagate.

Which was you then Guido. The old man or the bald man
He's been forced to re-tweet this from Matt Law, probably admitting he has been a twat, still hasn't conceded that fact though.

the fucking spineless wanker has now deleted his tweet calling out Spurs fans. A true man of moral fibre would a) make an apology b) stand by the convictions of thier own opinion. He does neither confirming his worthless existence. Wanker!

He did retweet a Jorno's tweet made on the same day calling Spurs fans as "class" as we were making donations for helping Orient. The very word he used and said we lacked. Wanker!

Enjoyed the game immensely, scary that I am now only satisfied with at least a 4-0 win at home :)
I can only analyse a game from our point of view and I asked the question yesterday, as to whether we are that good or the opposition are that bad, we seem to find it so easy. I'm not complaining, the football we play at times takes my breath away, but I suppose I'm just waiting for it to go 'Spursy', as it usually does. For pete's sake, hope that this is the season it goes right for us, don't know if I can take any more disappointment on the levels we have had to put up with since Lasagnagate.

We all harbour fears, but this team is different. We have matured since last season, and are consistently putting weaker teams to the sword. This despite having lost key players for significant periods.
We approach Wembley next week with the same performance against Chelsea at the Lane, and we will win. All we can do is beat what's put in front of us, and we are doing that in style. That is 'Spursy.'
We have nothing to fear, but everyone fears us.
We are coming into Our Time. Believe.

Hahaha

This is my entrance. This fella searched me yesterday too and me and the geezer in front of me were not re-assured by his level of commitment to his work. lol

Guy got the boot apparently now they are paying out the journo!

That was my last match at the current ground. Nice to sign off with what turned out to be a comfortable win. With regards to the atmosphere, it was flat at times but i think it is a combination of early kick offs, a sense of it all going wrong at any time!, Ticketing allocation and for me i was a little more subdued, i kept looking over the ground that has been a huge part of my life thinking it will never be the same again. Different and hopefully better but not the same.

Amazing how stress free these last 2 games have been...... only going to make the next few even more stressful.........

but I suppose I'm just waiting for it to go 'Spursy', as it usually does. For pete's sake, hope that this is the season it goes right for us, don't know if I can take any more disappointment on the levels we have had to put up with since Lasagnagate.

.......Kane runs the ball into the corner and with a 3 goal lead Tottenham look to have clinched the title in dramatic fashion, the 4th official holds up his board to indicate there will be a minimum of three mi......
754c99b0a71d36f16a39e62f680f5c6b.jpg

The End.

Yesterday was my first (and most likely last) game at the Lane this season, only just got back from 3 years living abroad so I did a few European aways and the Leverkusen Wembley one. Have to say, I didn't think the atmosphere was horrendous yesterday, I mean obviously it's not what it was 7/8 years ago but I was in the Shelf and the Shelf/Park Lane corner had spurts of singing.

The ticketing system this year is mad, and not helped by all these Social Media posts from Tottenham with "Steve from Kansas" who is in the away end against Chelsea etc. etc. for his "first ever Tottenham game". Yesterday morning I got up to WHL early to try to find a ticket, and all I saw was Americans and Koreans strolling about, and considering not a single game has gone to General Sale this season there's clearly something not working. There were idiots selling tickets for yesterday for £150!?!?! God bless the gent on Twitter who sold me his ticket at face value £40!

I think the ballot system ain't helped with the atmosphere, as if you get given a ticket you can't choose where to sit. Means people who would usually go to the shelf to stand and sing all game might end up in the west stand eating prawn sandwiches.....and vice versa
No disrespect to the prawn sandwich brigade, but hopefully at w mbeley and the new stadium if someone wants to stand and sing they will get to sit in that area.... and the same if someone wants to sit and watch the game they will know where they can do so......

Was allocated to the East Upper on Saturday. Next to me, there were 6, yes six, empty seats in a row. Looking around the ground, I could see significant numbers of empty seats dotted around the place too. How the fuck can that be allowed to happen when it's a sold out match and there were 15,781 applications for 5,415 seats? There's a serious problem with our ticketing systems.

That's shit and annoying as hell. Maybe it could have been ST holders who couldn't go. Maybe they hate StubHub and without a viable in-house alternative they just didn't bother.

Weird, but a valid scenario imo.

.......Kane runs the ball into the corner and with a 3 goal lead Tottenham look to have clinched the title in dramatic fashion, the 4th official holds up his board to indicate there will be a minimum of three mi......
754c99b0a71d36f16a39e62f680f5c6b.jpg

The End.

At least my life will end happily......
We all have to go eventually, why not on the cusp of a first ever PL title.......:allitongue:

Back
Top Bottom