Tottenham Hotspur v Bournemouth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never mentioned BvB but ok. Last seasons results don't matter as teams and squads change. I certainly am not assuming we'll batter Woolwich at home just because we did last season.
I mentioned we did alright the last time we played the European Champions (Inter) which was tongue in cheek anyway.

Convenient. :roll:

BvB, Inter, AC whatever.... Point still stands.... If referencing past matches is moot, then why so scared?

Anyway, as I've thought a few times on here there is a cultural difference in thought patterns, seems to me to be very English in this support us, and back us all the time ideology.

Got nothing to do with ideology, nationality or being blinkered... Just dont see why you're so petrified of City.

Whereas here for a myriad of sports we're not afraid to say if we don't think we'll win a certain game. Let's see how accurate or otherwise that turns out to be...

How very 'brave' of you (whoever "we" are)! : P

Besides....Revisionism. Paraphrasing, you actually said you didnt want to face City cos they'd "twat" us; refuted my entirely reasonable assertion that indeed we CAN compete and you subsequently refuse to explain why...

Last edited:
Was never going to be a case of filling our boots. Howe didn't roll into our house to get another mullering, and set up to play very much like Swansea and Burnley.

We need top get used to watching this because outside of the top eight or ten teams this is how the opposition will set out out play, i mean even The Special Cunt did a Bournemouth at Scouse didn't he?

For me, Harry looked jaded and a yard off the pace, Sanchez played as if he'd been here years, and Jan was clearly MOM. Onwards and upwards and you never know, if we catch Madrid on a bad day, and we play on the front foot and press we may get a result.

COYS!

Good grief! I know I'm an old fogey but I just don't get it. Have no idea what he's on about most of the time. Any self respecting Spurs supporter would give this guy a wide berth.
It's painful. But it's the price of technology. You and I remember the days of shit weather, food poison stands on Park Lane, feeling that the breeze blocks in the Lane were new and impressive, leaving after a league cup loss and needing to go back again, remembering the pubs that used to be on, for instance, the walk from Northumberland Park, getting our programmes for a couple of quid or less, The British Queen. I'm glad I was a fan when we were shit, not coming to our club during success and acting like one of these tools.

It's painful. But it's the price of technology. You and I remember the days of shit weather, food poison stands on Park Lane, feeling that the breeze blocks in the Lane were new and impressive, leaving after a league cup loss and needing to go back again, remembering the pubs that used to be on, for instance, the walk from Northumberland Park, getting our programmes for a couple of quid or less, The British Queen. I'm glad I was a fan when we were shit, not coming to our club during success and acting like one of these tools.
Happy Days ...and don't forget the peanut man

Why do fans come 20mins after kick off to their seats?!
Why do fans leave the stadium on the 75th min?! When it's Saturday 4.30pm BST nice weather and plenty of time to get home.

Alli was gash again yesterday, what is wrong with him at the minute
Don't think any of the England players were particularly on it yesterday (makes you wonder what the hell the England set up do!) but thought Dele was giving his all and playing with a bit of desire. Agree Son wasn't at his best.

Does makes me wonder, Everton bought quite wisely as people are saying early before the season. They bought players with PL pedigree, Pickford, Keane, Siggy, Rooney, etc. Now they play like that.
Guess it dont always work having PL experience.
Everton didnt buy enough good players with pace. Those mentioned are so static. Look at Man C. All recruits are good and pacy

Was never going to be a case of filling our boots. Howe didn't roll into our house to get another mullering, and set up to play very much like Swansea and Burnley.

We need top get used to watching this because outside of the top eight or ten teams this is how the opposition will set out out play, i mean even The Special Cunt did a Bournemouth at Scouse didn't he?

For me, Harry looked jaded and a yard off the pace, Sanchez played as if he'd been here years, and Jan was clearly MOM. Onwards and upwards and you never know, if we catch Madrid on a bad day, and we play on the front foot and press we may get a result.

COYS!
We dun stand much of a chance against RM if we play normal possession game. Counter attack will be sensible.

Does makes me wonder, Everton bought quite wisely as people are saying early before the season. They bought players with PL pedigree, Pickford, Keane, Siggy, Rooney, etc. Now they play like that.
Guess it dont always work having PL experience.

It's always a danger buying so many players. I remember when QPR bought about 15 players. It gives you too many players trying to settle all at once and leads to disjointed performances.

Back
Top Bottom