Tottenham Hotspur v Bournemouth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’d say we’ve had the season defining stretch already Goons, Utd, Liverpool and Juve.

From here on I expect us to enter cruise control, absorb a loss or two and carry it home

Today's result was very important, in light of the next 5 fixtures, which, as the esteemed Builder Builder would say, are simply ghastly.

I'd take a semi final and 6 points right now.

Where are ye now ya little fucken cunt?

Eat sh*t and die you cynical sh*tposter.

I stand by what I said. I hailed performance of the team all in all (specially Dembele and Vertonghen) but that does not change the fact that we should start playing from the whistle and keep focus for full 90 minutes. Today we managed to turn it over and it's absolutely great achievement!

I mean, you have to be total dumbf*ck to not understand that not being focused at the start of games might cost us, have cost us in the past and if we do not improve in that regard, it will in future as well. It quite frankly baffles me that it even needs to be explained to a person. GIVING AWAY GOALS MAKES IT HARDER FOR US TO GET RESULT. We saw it against Liverpool game, we saw it in West Brom game. All I want is my team to stop own life harder you know. On some other day opponent will not be as mercyful not to score from empty net like Bournemouth did today... so I would really to do better in that regard in future.

It costs thousands in dues to get a kid onto a “competitive” youth club team. Parents foot the bills for kit, insurance, travel, and lodging. All the clubs really provide is coaching and organizing the schedules.

The model is completely upside down primarily because we haven’t had a traditional academy system feeding into a professional system. Youth sports were traditionally viewed as a schools/community thing, not a player development tool. Regardless of sport the model has always been community youth sports -> school sports -> university sports -> professional sports.

If you want to look at it entirely cynically, our professional sports teams have their talent developed for them, traditionally, at the taxpayers’ expense.

Into this model have come competitive “travel” teams (that play tournaments all over the country). In exchange for $1000s, “expert” coaches will take your kid on - the selling point being this will provide your kid with a shortcut to success and a college scholarship. In reality, it’s all just a scam so a bunch of half-rate has beens and never weres don’t have to go get real jobs like the rest of us did when our athletic careers crapped out.
That's crazy. I know that some F1 drivers do the same, but that's not the same as exploiting kids and their families.
I can understand it with American football etc. as the investment there is huge. (re college) but surely a club in a major city can set up an academy to nurture talent.
Be interesting to see if Beckham's club will set one up.

That's crazy. I know that some F1 drivers do the same, but that's not the same as exploiting kids and their families.
I can understand it with American football etc. as the investment there is huge. (re college) but surely a club in a major city can set up an academy to nurture talent.
Be interesting to see if Beckham's club will set one up.
MLS clubs are all setting up traditional academies that are beginning to pay dividends. But none of the other sports are going in for the model, and even with MLS club’s academies you have to consider the scale of the country and that most, like me, don’t live even within a few hours drive of an MLS club.

It seems impossible that Kane’s injury rejuvenated the team. But that truth is there for all to see (not to say anyone would want Harry injured)

The addition of Lamela and the deeper role for Eriksen worked an absolute treat. I thought both those two were superb, and Poch blocked off Bournemouth with that change. I doubt that change was possible with Kane on the pitch.

I always like the subtle things in games and when watching on TV it is hard to always find them, but one stood out for me today. When Kane was injured and walking around the pitch Rose had a throw in to take, unlike some divys, he waited, looked up the line to the bench and slowed the game, he showed brains and intelligence to manage the game at a time when the team was down to 10. Minor things like that often count, and I felt I saw something there in Rose i’d not appreciated before, sure it only affected 30–60 seconds, but that’s all it takes to stop momentum.

Anyway, well done to everyone today (can just about forgive minutes 1-25) Onwards to Swansea. The irony of Llorente putting them out of the cup can’t be lost,

I felt that Serge, Victor and Dembéle all had rocky periods in the game, but grew into it. Second half in particular was much better for all 3 of them. I think a lot of it with Victor and Moose was that they have not played together for a while and were finding their groove again, since they have been used to filling a similar role when partnered with Dier previously.

I stand by what I said. I hailed performance of the team all in all (specially Dembele and Vertonghen) but that does not change the fact that we should start playing from the whistle and keep focus for full 90 minutes. Today we managed to turn it over and it's absolutely great achievement!

I mean, you have to be total dumbf*ck to not understand that not being focused at the start of games might cost us, have cost us in the past and if we do not improve in that regard, it will in future as well. It quite frankly baffles me that it even needs to be explained to a person. GIVING AWAY GOALS MAKES IT HARDER FOR US TO GET RESULT. We saw it against Liverpool game, we saw it in West Brom game. All I want is my team to stop own life harder you know. On some other day opponent will not be as mercyful not to score from empty net like Bournemouth did today... so I would really to do better in that regard in future.
This isn’t a fair match. English isn’t my first language, but I’m honestly fucken brilliant at it. You, on the other hand, stumble through sentences like a drunk man with one leg trying to take a pish.

I’m going to back off and leave you alone with your caps lock and occasional asterisk

The characters in our squad are fantastic:
  • Heung Min 'always smiling' Son
  • Dele, the wind-up merchant extraordinaire
  • Harry, the model professional
  • Eriksen and his sardonic danish wit
  • Erik 'piss boiling, yellow card' Lamela
  • Serge 'absolutely fucking insane' Aurier
  • Ben 'brains of the operation' Davies
Starting to resemble a classic heist movie.
:sonpoint:

You forgot Moussa "Lose the ball once, shame on me. Lose the ball twice, kick your knee in." Dembele. :dembelefingers:

agree except for the eat bit.

Today's result was very important, in light of the next 5 fixtures, which, as the esteemed Builder Builder would say, are simply ghastly.

I'd take a semi final and 6 points right now.

I’m far less worried about the rest of our matches than I was about that stretch with Utd, Woolwich, Pool, and Juve. I think we are going to keep our run going. The only loss I could see happening is Citeh. But by then they should have won the title officially the match before against Utd so hopefully their heads aren’t into it.

Back
Top Bottom