Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum - FA Cup Semi Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought I was over it and able to look forward our league run in.. until I get to work.

Go into the kitchen, and a gooner colleague is in there .. tried to be a bit civil

" morning, least one of us is happy...can't believe you you're in the final and we are not"

" Oh yeah, I didnt really watch it..."

Could have dropped him there and then!

Thought I was over it and able to look forward our league run in.. until I get to work.

Go into the kitchen, and a gooner colleague is in there .. tried to be a bit civil

" morning, least one of us is happy...can't believe you you're in the final and we are not"

" Oh yeah, I didnt really watch it..."

Could have dropped him there and then!

A common theme with most goons I know, and yet they'll give it large when they win something. You've got to laugh.

I actually feel worse today than I did yesterday. Maybe it's the alcohol that has worn off, I dunno.
A colleague just asked me how did you get on and I just said that I diddint want to talk about it. I sounded like a right bitter, twisted bastard!
Why the fuck do we always bottle the big occasions?
Why cant we be second best and win for a change?
How on earth do you lose SEVEN semi finals in a row?

Always the bridesmaid.....

The bloke's comment below is 100% right, Moses is under no obligation to hurdle Son and stay on his feet.

I'd fully expect all our players to do exactly the same thing if faced with such a ridiculous challenge and they'd be fully in their rights to do so. We'd all be Laughing Out Loud Out Loud Out Loud at the fucking idiot who lunged in with two feet up and got nowhere near the ball.
Penalty and a dive (probably) but certainly a dive, at least force the contact before falling over it was really easy to do- 100% Son is an idiot but that is a bad dive.

A common theme with most goons I know, and yet they'll give it large when they win something. You've got to laugh.

All the same.. one goon I know, moved to Brighton.."oh well I don't live in London anymore so I just don't follow them"

I could move to the artic pole and still love Spurs

Penalty and a dive (probably) but certainly a dive, at least force the contact before falling over it was really easy to do- 100% Son is an idiot but that is a bad dive.
Son isn't an idiot. He just isn't a defender. If ever there was an example of a forward throwing himself into a tackle he wasn't likely to win cleanly, there you have it. Moses saw it coming & took the chance to take a tumble.
If it had been Alli going over in the box, the press would have been all over it for the "dark side" to his game.

The selection of Son to cover that position will always be a point of debate, but to hell with it. It's done. In 2 days, we go again. Let's cement second spot & hope that Chelsea slip up along the way. Their players have a cup final to think about as well now. Perhaps they will take their eye off the prize. Doubtful, but possible.

A Gooner woman in work smiling at me just now - " You are subdued this morning".

Me - "Can't believe we battered them and still lost".
Her - "Skill".
Me - "Did you watch it?"
Her - "No".
Me - "We will go for the league now".
Her - "In your dreams".
Me - Punching the fuck out of her.

Son isn't an idiot. He just isn't a defender. If ever there was an example of a forward throwing himself into a tackle he wasn't likely to win cleanly, there you have it. Moses saw it coming & took the chance to take a tumble.
If it had been Alli going over in the box, the press would have been all over it for the "dark side" to his game.

The selection of Son to cover that position will always be a point of debate, but to hell with it. It's done. In 2 days, we go again. Let's cement second spot & hope that Chelsea slip up along the way. Their players have a cup final to think about as well now. Perhaps they will take their eye off the prize. Doubtful, but possible.

Hmmm I think Son has to take quite a lot of blame, it wasn't even a tackle - he just lay on the floor.

I had a direct view on this and too the naked eye it looked a stone wall penalty. It was the lino who gave it and I had no complaints. Looking at the replay I know realise that I am a blind old fart.
I was on the opposite side but almost directly in line with play, from where I could see that Moses was off his feet before Son was near him. Maybe from the lino's angle it looked different. Just curious that on review the pundits (and some here) slate Son but Moses's blatant cheating barely gets any traction.

I had a direct view on this and too the naked eye it looked a stone wall penalty. It was the lino who gave it and I had no complaints. Looking at the replay I know realise that I am a blind old fart.
Because Son is not Maldini he was off his head even thinking about the challenge.

We had 4 men plus keeper goal side of their two in the box. The worst we would have had to deal with was a cross had he just kept his head.

I was on the opposite side but almost directly in line with play, from where I could see that Moses was off his feet before Son was near him. Maybe from the lino's angle it looked different. Just curious that on review the pundits (and some here) slate Son but Moses's blatant cheating barely gets any traction.

Son slid in from miles away, then actually fully stopped sliding - Moses controlled the ball around him and just ran at Son.

Anywhere apart from the penalty area and Moses would just run past/around him.

It was a good performance by us but despite that we didn't exploit their weakened line up or test their keeper enough.
The team selection was clearly a mistake. Putting Son at LWB made us defensively weak, changed a winning lineup and it removed any options we had from the bench.
We had zero joy down the left, other than a cross from Jan that Dier nearly scored - so its not as if any perceived attacking weakness from Davies was an issue, and defensively he'd have dealt with Moses better.
When Chelsea brought on their big guns we had nobody to sub on that could make an impact.
If Davies was injured then its all moot, but if he was fit then he should have been brought on for Sonny after the 2-2 equaliser.

Overall we were chasing too much, never really got a chance to get into the game and let things settle down. They scored at crucial times and exploited any uncertainty in our team. I thought the ref was poor - Kante and that shit cunt fullback should have been booked way earlier which would have changed their mentality.

Anyway fuck it - keep realistic a semi final and 2nd place would be an amazing achievement.

You have to ask the question, why did Conte set them up to counterattack?
Other sides have tried this against us and it generally doesn't work because our defense is so strong and we've got so many goalscorers in the team.
The answer - he knows a) Spurs are overall the stronger 11 and b) Chelsea are losing form.
He gambled and won this time.
But the season isn't over...

Back
Top Bottom