Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum - FA Cup Semi Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You have to ask the question, why did Conte set them up to counterattack?
Other sides have tried this against us and it generally doesn't work because our defense is so strong and we've got so many goalscorers in the team.
The answer - he knows a) Spurs are overall the stronger 11 and b) Chelsea are losing form.
He gambled and won this time.
But the season isn't over...
they are a counter attacking team they play this way against everybody - they did it against West Ham - they are a glorified Leicester but with better attacking players. Watched them a few times and they always played on the break.

Yesterday was one of the bravest performances of any Tottenham Hotspur side ever fielded. To play 24hrs after the death of what is effectively a family member i can't salute enough what I saw on the pitch yesterday.

I'm hearing that Poch was the 2nd person on the scene to attend to Ugo. Ugo was taking a session on the pitch as was Poch on a neighbouring pitch. Ugo actually stopped his session by calling out to the players as he went into cardiac arrest. This was fucking whitenessed by all! Made even worse by the sense of hopelessness as your personal efforts to save your mates life were all in vein.

I am truly amazed at how they played yesterday considering what had happened 24hrs earlier. Anyone doubting or questioning this side, this manager, this club go fuck yourselves. Let me know when a member of your family dies, one that you failed to save the life of whilst you were thumping their chest giving them CPR and I'll turn up 24hrs latter with a bag of popcorn to watch how you are getting on.

Proof of our incredible mentality is that everyone is talking about the details of the game as if what happened to Ugo didn't happen, as if it was just a normal day.

I feel a mix of emotions today but the most overwhelming one is pride. Pride in the mentality of this team and those behind the scenes that enable it. Whilst many are coming to terms with conceding 4 goals from 5 shots, there are two children this morning coming to terms with why they haven't got a Dad.

Epic post, good sir!

they are a counter attacking team they play this way against everybody - they did it against West Ham - they are a glorified Leicester but with better attacking players. Watched them a few times and they always played on the break.

Chelski are not a counter attacking team, they never have been, and they are not one under Conte. Their 13 win run was based on dominating the midfield. They revert to counter attacking when they realise they can't dominate the midfield, which has only happened once, and that was against us on Saturday.

Monday night, and I'm still gutted.
I'm having trouble shaking this one off as well. Have been as irritable as fuck since Saturday evening. I keep trying to tell myself that it's only football, but it ain't working. Putting aside my thoughts on the defensive line up, we played very well as a whole & didn't deserve, what appears on paper, to be comprehensively beaten. It's fucking annoying me. I can only thank my lucky stars that this wasn't against woolwich, or I'd have been even worse.
I reckon that by Wednesday lunchtime I will be over it & desperate for kick off against Palace to get ourselves motoring again.

But that dull ache won't go away yet.

ME enough said lads.
42f96cce6e150c409755fb47df294168.gif

You have to ask the question, why did Conte set them up to counterattack?
Other sides have tried this against us and it generally doesn't work because our defense is so strong and we've got so many goalscorers in the team.
The answer - he knows a) Spurs are overall the stronger 11 and b) Chelsea are losing form.
He gambled and won this time.
But the season isn't over...
City did it at theirs, and we were very lucky to get out of there with a point.

Back
Top Bottom