Tottenham Hotspur V Chelsea

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can the FA take any retrospective action, seeing as the ref booked him during the game?
I'm not 100% certain, i think they may have been a rule change. In the past, if the ref says he didnt see it but would have sent him off if he had, then they would take action. but only if he said he didnt see it but would have sent him off.
I think they have the changed the rules so they can do someone if the ref saw it but took no action...Im not 100% sure.
If the ref says the booking was for him sticking a thumb up vertonghen's nose and not the sly trip, then thats it. no further punishment.

and it's yet another reason why I detest the media. Too fucking gutless to call him out. Sure loads of stills but not a single person face to face and now a big circle jerk over him calling Vertonghen out for something he wasn't even doing anyway
they are shit scared he will ban them from press conferences. then they dont get to sit in on his sometimes amusing (because, to be fair, he can be a charming and quite funny guy.) gags. The reporter that gets, for example, the sun banned from a chelsea press conference will probably get the boot for it.

Mourinho is deflecting everything away from his own players plus Putting Vertongen's name linked to cheat will make refs maybe be on his case a little more.

This comment In the Express sums up the actual sending off exactly IMHO.

mbjesq
7:12am on Sunday, 29th September 2013

Watch the replay of the Torres's careless, non-vertical aerial challenge and you'll see two very interesting things. First, you'll see exactly why Vertongen is holding his head just above the left eye; and it's not because he's play-acting. True, Torres never touched him there. Rather, the ball made full impact in that dangerous, painful area because Torres rammed him. His discomfort must have been quite real. Second, you'll see some play-acting: by Torres. Watch him grab his head as though he was somehow the victim of an injurious assault. He seems to be looking to avoid being penalized by playing the sympathy card. The ploy did not work. The challenge was not a yellow card foul because Torres smacked Vertongen in the face; he didn't. It was a yellow card foul because it was rash and dangerous, irrespective of any actual damage done. All the commentary on this incident is way off-the-mark, focusing irrelevantly on the lack of contact between Torres and Vertongen's face.
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...e-Vertonghen-of-play-acting-over-Torres-clash

Doesn't matter... the fact Jose has now SAID that Jan is a disgrace, MEANS he's a disgrace!
In fact, I'm fast changing my previously high opinion of 'Not so Super' Jan... up until about 2pm yesterday, I thought he had all the attributes to be our CB rock for many many years (and maybe one-day Captain) ...well, at leas until Real come sniffng! He's calm under pressure, cool as a cucumber, seems to actually be a likeable guy (for a footballer, see examples given below) and actually, I loved him alongside Dawson or Kaboul at the heart of our defence, and being the bedrock spine of our team!

But now, since Jose has spoken, I am fast changing my mind.
I will write personally to the club and demand AVB relegate this 'foreign' piece of Belgian shit to train with the reserves!!!!!!!! In fact, fuck that... I want Sham Vertonghen out of my club ASAP!!
Actually, I hope Real are also listening, 'cos why would they want to go near such a disgrace to humanity... thanks Jose!!

BTW, if Jose wants some perfect examples of a disgrace to football and humanity all round, he need look no further than his own #3, #6 and #9....!!!!

But sadly, the Mourinho loving media whores that they are, will probably bend over willingly and accept Jose's version of things... no doubt sharpening their knives for Jan, the next time he plays. (mind you, he didn't help himself with 'Pant-gate' at Villa last week!

Last edited:
Terry: “I’ll take that, but I’m just delighted it’s against these (Spurs) today. I think they like me as much as I like them.”

puking.jpg

Woolwich have a really good run,don't they? :parker:
But oh well they only played vs us,we played vs them and Chelski,so I'm sure they will drop points somewhere.
Right?Right?? :avbshock:

Woolwich have a really good run,don't they? :parker:
But oh well they only played vs us,we played vs them and Chelski,so I'm sure they will drop points somewhere.
Right?Right?? :avbshock:
You can bet they will.

The scum usually start the season poorly then go on a run. With them coming out of the blocks shit hot this time I'm secretly hoping that the reverse is true this year.

Last edited:
The last five or so years Woolwich are always motivated by us. Always. I think they will have a good season (though not winning fuck all as always) but whether they do or not I am confident of us finishing second or third and winning a cup. And that is all that matters.

On the Jose/Jan/Torres point why are the media not talking about Torres' girly scratching of Vertonghen's face? He'd been provoking him all game.

If you ask me that was a despicable and disgusting act.

Maureen is a cunt. To say Torres has to play next weekend is a fucking joke. He was sent off for 2 yellow cards, you cannot appeal a sending off for 2 yellows you annoying twat. so fuck you in the arse with a cactus.
Hopefully the FA will look at the gouging and add extra games, that will really fuck with Maureens head.

Back
Top Bottom