Tottenham Hotspur V Chelsea

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Woolwich have a really good run,don't they? :parker:
But oh well they only played vs us,we played vs them and Chelski,so I'm sure they will drop points somewhere.
Right?Right?? :avbshock:

Their schedule picks up in November, right in the middle of their CL group grind. They should suffer some points come that time.

Staying unbeaten is a positive but the subs should have clearly been Lamela, Sandro, and Defoe. I'm sure the fact that we travel to Anzhi this Thursday has played into AVB's decisions, he really loves that competition doesn't he? Oh well, this point will be valuable later in the season, expecially after we smash them at the bridge. Fuck those cunts and fuck Torres, that rabid mongrel.

The more I see that goal the angrier I get....

That phrase fills me both with horror and intrigue!
The thought of you bouncing off the walls of your penthouse flat overlooking whatever City you've chosen to live in this week fills me with joy!

But yes, I agree 100% with what you say... and of ALL the fucking cunts to score it too!
Maybe, just maybe the 'hilarious' Mum & Dad chants MOTIVATED him???

jus' sayin'!!

That phrase fills me both with horror and intrigue!
The thought of you bouncing off the walls of your penthouse flat overlooking whatever City you've chosen to live in this week fills me with joy!

But yes, I agree 100% with what you say... and of ALL the fucking cunts to score it too!
Maybe, just maybe the 'hilarious' Mum & Dad chants MOTIVATED him???

jus' sayin'!!

Lets be nice to oppo players just in case shall we?

"John terry, he's a bit racist but we don't mind because his record for England was outstanding and he reminds me of Trevor fom the Oak"......catchy

If only it was the Europa next season as the winners will be granted CL qualifying place from 2015/16. A trophy and CL place. Teams will be taking it more seriously and it would surely be the easiest qualifying route playing about 17 matches.

Terry: “I’ll take that, but I’m just delighted it’s against these (Spurs) today. I think they like me as much as I like them.”

puking.jpg

I love that he hates us. When he put his hand to his ear after the final whistle in front of the PL was a joy. He got told what his mother is again. Luckily for us, he had "nice boy Frank" there to talk him out of beating us all up.

I'd love to bump into him somewhere, so I could abuse him with all the truths he hates -- mum's a thief, dad's a racist backstreet Charlie dealer -- all that shit, get him wound up and get a slap and then sue him for about a two year's salary.

tl;dr: I really do wish that piece of shit dead.

@ Thelonious Thelonious

I wasn't trying to be funny. I mean it. I think he's overtaken a former centre half of ours in my hate stakes. And hate's ok -- it's the yin to the yang of all the love I give.

Torres is rapidly getting up there. That face gouge is just the latest example of the nasty, petulant streak that's emerged more and more since going to Chelsea.

I felt totally deflated when the final whistle went, think we just edged it in terms of chances and when Torres went off I did think we were just going to nick it. Although I would have taken a draw before the the game started, suppose that's a sign of our progress and our ambition.
As for that Wayne Kerr of a manager (never thought I would totally hate the guy as I would have killed to have him as our manager), his comments about Jan were a disgrace. Let's hope the authorities throw the book at both of them.
Is it just me or am I just been a bit pessimistic about Roberto ... I can't say that he fills with any real confidence that he will be the answer to our prayers for a shit hot striker. I know its early days and all that, but I still have this feeling that its not going to happen.

Torres is the human embodiment of,"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain."

An exciting player who I wished was at Spurs in his heyday. Now, just a cunt I want dead.

Re: Torres, It's actually painful to watch since he started out with that image of a shy, clean-cut boy next door type when he first went to Liverpool. Now he's had as cynical and jaded as they come. If this were entertainment he'd be a Disney product :rolleyes:

It's a shame we didn't play as well as we would've liked, but it's very early days and we had four key players still completely new to this league and/or team, if you count Townsend as a newb. Hell, we haven't even trotted out our record signing yet, the signing who is supposed to replace our biggest ever player, when Mourinho could bring on one of the best players in this league (in the last ten minutes I was actually thinking to myself, man if we had Bale right now :cautious:...).

Even with Mata coming on though, I think our "loss" in terms of performance came primarily from the tactics rather than quality department - we were slipping towards the end of the first half, well before he came on - but I am more okay with a tactical issue than a coaching or quality issue, since AVB will learn and we have options in the deck. Plenty of stuff to mull about here. And we've already made great strides from last season - +7 points! up from the equivalent fixtures - while our team is still young and growing and coming together.

Some perspective is perhaps necessary - we like to joke about it, but we're not ready to cruise through a title challenger with ease just yet. They are interesting tests to see where we are since these teams really do set the benchmark for where we want to be, but it's a long road and we are very much just starting on it. A loss isn't a reason to deflate or decide we're not good enough, it's an opportunity to use this as a learning experience and get better.

Last edited:
An exciting player who I wished was at Spurs in his heyday. Now, just a cunt I want dead.[/quote]

Well, don't sign a contract with a filthy bent Russian money shite club with no history and full of moronic racist
imbecilic supporters.
50 million also bought your
Spanish heart and soul to join 'JT'' - the son of a convicted thief and a piss poor quality charlie dealer.
Electric proper atmosphere yesterday (and I'm in the much slagged off Paxton)

"1:1 was a fair result" BOLLOCKS - Chavs were down to 10 men for 15 minutes - we should have fuckin' scored and got 3 points.

Also Maureen - what an arrogant wanker peacock

:avbfu:

So Townsend has not only admitted but has apologized for taking a dive yesterday. Naturally I look forward to Mourinho and Torres doing the same tomorrow over the bollocks aimed at Vertonghen and the scratch respectively :avbfu:

Chelsea's Fernando Torres could face a lengthy ban after clash with Tottenham's Jan Vertonghen

The Chelsea striker faces the prospect of his one-match ban for being dismissed at White Hart Lane being extended to four if he is found guilty of violent conduct for gouging the face of Tottenham’s Jan Vertonghen.

Torres was dismissed in the 82nd minute of an enthralling match on Saturday for his second yellow card, after an aerial clash with Vertonghen. The pair had been going hammer-and-tongs all afternoon, and the Spaniard received his initial caution in the 50th minute after tripping Vertonghen, then digging his fingernails into the face and neck of the Belgian defender.

The caution appeared to be just for the trip. If this is confirmed in the match report of referee Mike Dean today the FA will ask the official if he saw the gouging incident.

If he says he did not a copy will be sent not to the referee, which has previously been the case, but to an independent panel which will be asked if the incident warrants a red card.

If they agree Torres will be given a three-match ban on top of his one-match suspension. This would rule Torres out of league matches against Norwich City, Cardiff City, Manchester City and the Capital One Cup tie with Woolwich.
This could be more of a loss than would have been imagined a week ago as there was no doubting the renewed sharpness in Torres’s play on Saturday, as he showed a return to the sort of menace that prompted Chelsea to pay Liverpool £50  million for his services.

His return to form was mirrored by a Chelsea side that came back strongly in the second half after being thoroughly outplayed by a Spurs side who showed they no longer miss Gareth Bale, one of several lessons hammered home here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ter-clash-with-Tottenhams-Jan-Vertonghen.html

Back
Top Bottom