Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace (14 September @ 15.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Any one in the South stand yesterday saw the altercation between Zaha and the fans? or if it was shown live on TV? I What was it about?

Was it when the ball boy threw the ball over his head and the fans cheered, then he sarcastically applauded the ball boy and they cheered even more?

Well that first half was some of the best I've seen in a while league wise, we had more zip to our passes and fluidity. Kane still doesn't look near his best, but it was a much better performance than anything I've seen since he's come back, goals netted or not.

Everything looks much more rosey now just off of the back of one good win, but hey that might be all as need. That RB position is still going to be our achilles heal as the season goes on, but hey maybe Aurier can step it up a bit. He bloody well has too.

Harder than getting tickets for Bournemouth away :)
It's just so nice to see a normally quiet and reserved section of the arts let it's guard down and show us how much fun music can be. It never fails to make me both smile and cry. I'm not normally very patriotic but I do take pride in that particular slice of British life and culture. Britain at her very best.

Forgot about the Proms on before too but I'll forgive them. Absolutely love watching the last night...magical moments. :thumbup: Recorded it to watch tomorrow afternoon with a few sherberts.
Did they replace the line "May she defend our laws" in the national anthem?

Our next 4 games really do help shape our season. Leicester (A), Southampton (H), Brighton (A) & Watford (H).

During this period Chelsea vs Liverpool, Man U vs Woolwich & Man U vs Liverpool come about so it's a great period to pick up points knowing teams around us will be dropping some as well.

It's just so nice to see a normally quiet and reserved section of the arts let it's guard down and show us how much fun music can be. It never fails to make me both smile and cry. I'm not normally very patriotic but I do take pride in that particular slice of British life and culture. Britain at her very best.
But you're Welsh/Irish. We hate each other..... don't we?

But you're Welsh/Irish. We hate each other..... don't we?

No that's just a filthy rumour spread by some Scottish people :thumbup: (Joke !)
My experience within sport at a National level has always been to do with Rugby and I have to say that the camaraderie (No he didn't play for Italy) between rival supporters is a credit to the game. Sadly it is not the same within football.

I have spent many a wonderful evening amongst Irish, English and Scottish fans after an International game in which Wales have experienced both victory and defeat. The recent two 'friendlies' with Ireland are testament to that.I have often pondered over why that is and never really come up with an answer, don't know what others think the reason could be. I do believe having the referees wear microphones has greatly improved the game. No more "Fucking hell ref, what was that for ?" amongst the crowd. I don't think it would work so well in football though. There are far more reasons for having to stop play in Rugby and knowing why helps ease the tension.

Funniest moment ever was in Cardiff in 2018. We had just hammered the Scots 34 -7 and I was in a bar with my English brother in law and his friends when some Scottish lads (big lads) came in. They took some ribbing but all good natured until one of them objected to the English taking the piss. He didn't mind the Welsh doing it because we'd beaten them, he said. He turned to my relative and towering over him said "We should rebuild Hadrian's wall and make it higher and stronger to keep you English c***s out of Scotland".
My brother in law said "Let me know when you've finished and then one night we can all put our garden hoses over to your side and drown the fucking lot of you". There was a deadly silence and then an explosion of laughter and that was it, we nearly drowned Cardiff in beer and whisky that night. Great craic.

Last edited:
Just got home from a holiday. Heard the game on the radio. Oh what joy. Goals at last. Now we'll lose the next one.

Welcome back...you didn't miss too much.
Just saw the MOTD highlights. Classic Spurs. Long may it continue. I nearly enjoyed the Canaries thumping Guardiola as much as the Spurs win - not quite as much, but it was close. Let's hope for many repeats of Saturday's performances.

Back
Top Bottom