Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - July 6th - 8PM (UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watching your football team play, whether it be live at the ground, live on TV or highlights on MOTD should be a pleasurable and thoroughly enjoyable experience.
We as Spurs supporters however, have to undergo such a task with constant feelings of fear, doubt and foreboding. It seems to be a never ending cycle of waiting for the inevitable implosion on the pitch and trying to make acceptable excuses.
If our current situation isn't motivation enough to drag a win out of this game and the one against the Woolwich then put this season firmly in the wheelie bin along with any hopes or aspirations for the next one.
Sorry to sound so pessimistic but just trying to be realistic.

giphy.gif

Lloris

Sanchez Toby Dier

Aurier Skipp LoCelso Ndombele Sess

Kane Son

I’m just thinking we need to shore up the back and get Gio higher up right behind the front two in a more creative role. Only thing I don’t like is not having Bergwijn in the starting lineup, but Son always has the potential for a goal, even when not at his best.

When I used to work in the City my manager was a big contrarian investor.
"The time to buy is when everyone is at peak levels of pessimism, for things can only get so bad."
Needless to say he wasn't a Spurs fan and hadn't experienced our various meltdowns over the years.
Indeed he lost his job for trying to buy the market in 2008 whilst I was going short and made a nice bonus that year, for at Tottenham, we know a good collapse when we see one.
So the lesson is, sometimes even being a cynical broken hearted Spurs fan has some advantages once in a while.

This has got 0 : 1 written all over it and I won’t mind, as if you can’t make the top four it’s best to finish 9th 10th or even 11 th. 🧐

Back
Top Bottom