Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - July 6th - 8PM (UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am occasionally believe it or not

So who would you get rid of and who you retain this summer and do we back José?

Some opinion on here last night suggesting that we get rid of Jose so we shouldn’t back him

It would be easier to list who I'd keep. Believe it or not, despite not being my choice I was prepared to see what happened with Mourinho, he's an intelligent guy, but I'm sick of the bullshit already. I do actually believe that he could probably get some kind off tune out of us, given the time and some resources, I just don't think it's worth all the bollocks that goes with it. And even if he did ok, won a cup or whatever, I can't see myself ever really buying into what he's selling. Clever cunt but he's moral coward, he'll throw anyone to the wolves to save his ego.

Well I’d keep Harry obviously but also Hugo provided we got a decent back up
Sonny
Dele
Gio
Bergwijn
Ndombele but make it clear to him that he needs to show more

Defensively a total reboot
Maybe Sess can improve but that’s about it

We have to stick with Jose for next season at least imv

Well I’d keep Harry obviously but also Hugo provided we got a decent back up
Sonny
Dele
Gio
Bergwijn
Ndombele but make it clear to him that he needs to show more

Defensively a total reboot
Maybe Sess can improve but that’s about it

We have to stick with Jose for next season at least imv

Yep. I still think Sanchez can improve with age, but overall our defence is spent. Alderweireld and Vertonghen were incredible in their prime, but those days are over. High hopes for Tanganga.

Yep. I still think Sanchez can improve with age, but overall our defence is spent. Alderweireld and Vertonghen were incredible in their prime, but those days are over. High hopes for Tanganga.

Tanganga seems to make a mistake almost every game he starts - but he's strong, good in the air and seems to be an okay passer so let's hope he can find some consistency when he's back.

Apparently he's back in training next week.

Tanganga seems to make a mistake almost every game he starts - but he's strong, good in the air and seems to be an okay passer so let's hope he can find some consistency when he's back.

Apparently he's back in training next week.

He’s very good at using his body to protect the ball, and looks progressive going forward. I think he has the raw skills to do very well. I really rate the kid.

I really want this season to end. I’d prefer Europa League and European football for the squad’s development but can’t confess to giving a shit about remaining matches. The only fascination I have left is for a glimmer of hope for next season. But when Mourinho talks about experienced PL players having potential I just lose the will to live.

What’s the point longer term anyway? ENIC will never back a manager properly. They just bleed small squads dry. We’re back where we were post Jol, post Redknapp, post AVB, post Poch... ah fuck off.

Don’t think Skipp will start, as much as I’d love him to.

Think we might see

Lloris
Aurier - Dier - Alderweireld - Davies
Winks - Ndombele
Lamela - Lo Celso - Son
Kane
Leaving us a bench of

Gazzaniga
Sanchez
Vertonghen
Sissoko
Sessengon
Gedson
Dele
Bergwijn
Lucas

I really want this season to end. I’d prefer Europa League and European football for the squad’s development but can’t confess to giving a shit about remaining matches. The only fascination I have left is for a glimmer of hope for next season. But when Mourinho talks about experienced PL players having potential I just lose the will to live.

What’s the point longer term anyway? ENIC will never back a manager properly. They just bleed small squads dry. We’re back where we were post Jol, post Redknapp, post AVB, post Poch... ah fuck off.
Would you still go to away games if we were in EL next season?

Y649BBd.jpg

Gazza, Aurier, Cirkin, Dier, Winks, Moura, Lamela, Sessegnon, Dele

I really hope we get to see Skipp. It’s now or never for the kid IMO. There is little to lose at this point.

Play Sess at LB, Skipp in for Lo Celso and Ndombele next to him. Move Gio up into the hole with Berg and Son up top with Kane.

I know this won’t happen, but that is what I want.

I really hope we get to see Skipp. It’s now or never for the kid IMO. There is little to lose at this point.

Play Sess at LB, Skipp in for Lo Celso and Ndombele next to him. Move Gio up into the hole with Berg and Son up top with Kane.

I know this won’t happen, but that is what I want.

If we're going with what we want rather than what will happen, I'd much rather see us try the 433 version:

GLC / Skipp / Ndombele
Bergwijn / Kane / Son

Positivity time: a result and good performance here would hopefully point towards the Sheffield United game being a blip in our gradual improvement.

After the United and particularly the West Ham games, I was pretty optimistic. Smash Everton (though probably unlikely) and 3 out of 4 games being alright starts to seem a little better.
What gradual improvement? I don't see it.

Don’t think Skipp will start, as much as I’d love him to.

Think we might see

Lloris
Aurier - Dier - Alderweireld - Davies
Winks - Ndombele
Lamela - Lo Celso - Son
Kane
Leaving us a bench of

Gazzaniga
Sanchez
Vertonghen
Sissoko
Sessengon