Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A5826_zpsc8ad5281.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur host Hull City at White Hart Lane on Sunday 27th October 2013 (KO 16:00) in the 9th round of 2013-14 Premier League.

Spurs come into the match in 5th place in the Table on 16 points with Hull in 9th place on 11 points. The clubs will also met in the Football League (Capital One) Cup Fourth Round at the Lane on Wednesday 30th October.

Sunday's match at will be the 31st time the two teams have met.

Hull City AFC were founded in June 1904, playing their home games at The Boulevard (the home of Hull Rugby club) and were admitted into the Second Division of the Football League for the 1905-06 season and finished in 5th place.

Tottenham Hotspur first played Hull City on 12th January 1907 in the FA Cup 1st Round (today's 3rd Round) when Spurs were in the Southern League and Hull were in the Second Division of the Football League. The match at White Hart Lane ended in a 0-0 draw, as did the replay at Anlaby Road but the match was abandoned after just 10 minutes of extra time. The result stood and a second replay was held at White Hart Lane with Herbert Chapman (later to become a successful manager at Woolwich) scoring the winning goal for Tottenham.

Spurs were admitted into the Football League for season 1908-09 and met Hull City in the Second Division. The Tigers took three out of four points off Spurs but it was Tottenham who won promotion to the First Division.

The two clubs next met in a friendly played in Brussels, Belgium in May 1912 with Hull City winning 2-0.

Spurs lost their Top Flight status when football resumed after WW1 and The games played against Hull on Christmas Day and Boxing Day in 1919 were both won by Tottenham 4-0 at home and 3-1 away. Those six points taken off Hull helped Spurs win promotion again.

The next 10 League meetings all took place in the Second Division over the course of 50 years between 1928 and 1978. Hull City moved to Boothferry Park in 1946 and remained there until 2002. Leeds United played a home Division One game there against Spurs on 25th August 1971 as they were serving a ground closure penalty. Alan Gilzean scored Spurs goal in a 1-1 draw.

The clubs met in the 1953-54 FA Cup with Spurs winning a replayed 5th Round tie 2-0 at the Lane after the first match ended in a 1-1 draw.

Hull were also beaten by Spurs in the 1980-81 FA Cup 4th Round 2-0 at White Hart Lane with Steve Archibald and Garry Brooke getting the goals. Tottenham would go on to win the Centenary Final that season against Manchester City.

The Tigers won promotion to the Top Flight of English Football for the first time in their history for the 2008-09 Premier League season and beat Spurs 1-0 at White Hart Lane in October 2008. The return match at the KC Stadium in February 2009 was won 2-1 by Spurs with goals from Aaron Lennon and Jonathan Woodgate.

A second foreign match was played between Spurs and Hull in Beijing, China in the Final of the Barclays Premier League Asia Trophy in July 2009. Spurs won 3-0 with Robbie Keane scoring a brace and Aaron Lennon getting a goal.

Jermain Defoe scored a hat-trick and Wilson Palacios & Robbie Keane scored in the 5-1 Premier League Spurs win at the KC Stadium in August 2009. The match at the Lane in January 2010 ended in a goalless draw. Hull were relegated at the end of the season.

Midfielder Tom Huddlestone joined Hull City from Spurs during the Summer 2013 transfer window for £5.25 million and fellow midfielder Jake Livermore went on loan for the season.

Sunday's game at White Hart Lane will be the 31st match played between the two clubs and Spurs have the edge with 12 wins to Hull's 9 with 9 matches having been drawn.

Stan Alexander
Nick Barmby (also Hull manager)
Jim Blyth
John Bostock
Charlie Brown
Fraizer Campbell
Kevin Dearden
Andy Duncan
Anthony Gardner
George Goldsmith
Foster Hedley
Tom Huddlestone
Jake Livermore

George Maddison
Dean Marney
Terry Neil (Hull player & manager at both clubs)
Peter Taylor (Spurs player, Hull manager)
Alton Thelwell
Mark Yeates

Last edited:
I see Soldado is top in assists and goals in the PL, now if only he could do more to keep everyone happy.

:kaboul:

I see Soldado is top in assists and goals in the PL, now if only he could do more to keep everyone happy.

:kaboul:
Until he scores against Woolwich or Chelsea, he won't win everyone over I think. Having said that, Jenas loved goals against Woolwhich and he gets slated alot.

I'd like to think that IF the game is going well, and we've room to spare, we'll allow him to score...
if only to help the the poor Charity that are still waiting for their money!

HOWEVER, if the cunt scores the winner, he can go fuck right off!!!
(I think that's how football works, right?)

Hull have really impressed me this year and I think it will be quite a tight game.
This might surprise some but the combination of Huddlestone and Livermore has worked very well for Hull and losing Jake will be a big loss for them. Im not sure who will replace him but it wont be the same and their midfield will lose a bit of power.

Hull have proved to be no mugs so far this season and we have to play them (just like the game against the East End Pikeys) after a long trip back from Europe. Let's hope we can put them to bed before the 60 minute mark as if we still haven't by that point I feel they could hold out for a result, however they are a more open team who are trying to play football and did concede goals. Line up v Sheriff and picking those to stay in England could be crucial to this game

Keep the first teamers off the plane to Moldova, even if we forfeited this game we're gonna walk this EL group. Go balls out for the win on Sunday and keep momentum for Everton away the following week and keep us up there in the mix waiting for others to lose form.

We have a big squad full of talent. There is no excuse for playing the same players in both games barr one or two individuals.
If the likes of Brad, Naughton, Fryers, Dembele, Chadli, Lamela, Defoe, Kane and one of Holtby, Eriksen; Siggy or Lennon can't turn Sheriff over then we don't deserve to be in the Europa anyway.
The other players should stay in England and play on Sunday!

Hull City Tigers... I mean really... what corporate, sell-out, global-brand image concious Americanisation BOLLOCKS!

(cue the UA Tottenham Hostpurs Cokerel Spurs this time 12 months down the line!!)

Back
Top Bottom