Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AVB swapped of Sandro for a less defensive midfielder, then swapped wings away from the inverted wingers, swapped out the number 10 role and then switched to 4-4-2.

I'd call that plan B, C, D and E.

EX FUCKN ACTLY

the ammount of bandwagon jumping that goes on here and on pretty much all message boards is fuckn awful, it's like most of the cunts who frequent shit like this don't have an opinion or are just plain thick as fuck when it comes to footy

we can't play fast creative footy as we don't have the central midfielders to do it right now ffs, VDV was a world class attacking mid in his prime, Modric developed into the same thing but had a shaky start too at first, short fuckn memories alot of people have

What the masses of absolute cunts who follow THFC need to currently do is give the likes of Holtby, Eriksen and Lamela time to develop and grow an understanding together and we may be lucky enough to reach them heights again or even better

AVB did everything but throw the fuckn kitchen sink at Hull today. Teams view us as title contenders and pretty much all show up with 8 defenders starting, we are not afforded the type of space we were in the early hay days of Harry. The good thing is we will only get better as all our new signings settle and play more together if the fair weather "supports" get behind the team and quit knit picking like they could do better

AVB spends all week training these lads and has a whole team of people helping him, he picks the line ups based on alot more than just playing style. This is pretty much another transitional season tbh or growing pains if you will. Anyway fuck you lot I'm off to make dinner.

I was amazed how negative Hull were. As promoted team, I acknowledge their plight, but jesus the sheer moaning, time wasting, rolling around and feigning injury was shocking, in particular when they had a neanderthal like McShane in defence themselves.

Trying to be contructive: We need to sort out how to deal with these sort of teams and quickly.

As far as I can see, and as eg. @ Mad Yid Mad Yid says, teams kind of look at us like title contenders, even if we aren't really that good (yet). That presents some tactical issue and we need to improve fast to handle it.

I'm starting to think ... so many times us fans (and me too) say that, "Another clean sheet ... Great!"

But ... is it really that great?

I mean, the way AVB has us playing, the hallmark of his tactics ... IS the high line and thus clean sheets.
I'm not surprised anymore of us getting clean sheets. And it is gonna be something that is very common to us.

The bigger concern is that, does this approach hamper the game?
We are not scoring goals. People keep saying let's give them more time.

More time for what? We are literally getting all the time in the world in the game itself.
What we need is to be playing with our strongest team. I dont know when AVB plans to start Lamela. Would it be an easy game or not? FFS, the next 4 games are against considerably more attacking teams (thus stronger). So are we gonna wait till late December or even next year?

Games are won with both goals and clean sheets. The question is which would we rather have?

Clean sheets are something to be pleased about. It means that we walk away with at least 1 point and when you consider that we are getting clean sheets away from home too, that is a very good thing.
It also means we only need to score a single goal to get 3 points.
But, of course, our tactics are making it hard to score because we compress all ten of their outfield players into their side of the pitch - often the 18 yard line. It's very difficult to score like that and our players don't have much space. I find it very frustrating and I don't find it very entertaining. But to be fair, it is winning us points.

**Very off topic question, wasn't sure were to post it so meh**

Does anyone know how many entrants there are into Sky Sports Super 6 this year? Like the total number of players?

Im currently 470th in the world. Wanted to know if I was some sort of prediction god or an average joe.

I haven't got time to read all the posts on this subject, so just going to state what I thought. It wasn't exciting and it wasn't pretty, but that's another three points in the bag. After the disappointment of the last couple of seasons where we missed out on CL for the sake of 1 point, I am now of the opinion I'm not fussed how we get a win, as long as it is a win. Not very Spursey I know, but until we properly gel as a cohesive unit, and AVB knows what his best side/combinations are, then I will suffer us grinding out a result and not being too 'bovvered'on how we get it.
I loved the very loud 'Yido' sung to Andros when he came back on the pitch, he knows what that means. Also Paul Coyts' comment at half time - for those of you who weren't there, there was a young girl who had cycled to all the other London Clubs' grounds today. When he asked her what route she had taken, she said that she had first gone to the Arse***'s ground, he said to her, he didn't think she would be going south of the river!!:gio:

I really think some people need a reality check.
We haven't been title contenders in ages.
We barely win anything.
And yet home support acts like anything other than 5-0 wins each week is unacceptable.
Just wtf planet are you on people?
1-0 penalty vs hull fucking amazing!, Well done boys, support them all the way.
Well done AVB, well done AVB for speaking up. Lets start supporting our team ffs

...Soldado didn't "score" - he converted a penalty - it's like a free-throw in Basketball...he had a few decent chances in the box and one clear one he should've buried...but he's the best option we have at the 9 currently - that being said, Sandro, Holtby, and Lennon are not the best options at their positions - I support AVB and Spurs, but enough of the idiot fans saying "we should sing louder" and "support our big $ signings no matter how shit they are" - fuck off, will ya??? when Spurs start playing like Spurs I'll stop being a fucking "melter," whatever that means to jock-sniffing forum cunts who've never scored a goal or with a girl...
COYS

Stat Attack:
With nine games gone Spurs have caught their opponents offside 34 times – which is seven more than the next on the list - Swansea.
... I do love it when the whistle rings for offside, and the opponent player is like 'How da fuck..?'

:dawsonlol::vert:

Back
Top Bottom