Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It those statistics are accurate, all of these Bentaleb haters look rather foolish

From what I've watched, he looked tidy in possession and used his techinical ability rather nicely to get out of a few jams. Also had plenty of passes forward providing that link.

Is he less physical ? For sure. But he isn't a CDM and that type of game shouldn't be expected in the first place

Not too mention, Lennon Soldado and Eriksen were all way worse today, yet he catches all the heat for today's result

That there is the problem for me. I dont dislike him as a player, IMO there is a lot to get excited about with him - but I do heavily dislike HOW he is used. He is not a 442 player. And he is not someone to put in a midfield without a DM beside him. He leaves things far to exposed, and would be better used off of a more defensive unit.

If people think that we would've won all these matches if capoue was playing, are being delusional. This is a team game and our team juat isn't playing well and we just aren't attacking fluidly enough.
It puzzles me how we can blame one player for the whole teams lacklustre performance.

If people think that we would've won all these matches if capoue was playing, are being delusional. This is a team game and our team juat isn't playing well and we just aren't attacking fluidly enough.
It puzzles me how we can blame one player for the whole teams lacklustre performance.

Conversely, it is a team game, and maybe the lads are all together thinking "what's the point in trying for a guy who puts these youth players ahead of the guy who scored our only (allowed) goal in the last match"....

Seasoned Pros stick together quick well

That there is the problem for me. I dont dislike him as a player, IMO there is a lot to get excited about with him - but I do heavily dislike HOW he is used. He is not a 442 player. And he is not someone to put in a midfield without a DM beside him. He leaves things far to exposed, and would be better used off of a more defensive unit.

I would agree he leaves things exposed, but I think you can also the say the same about Dembele and Paulinho in that CM role

AVB would have been hung drawn and quartered by some on here if he was playing bentaleb week in week out. Don't get me wrong he is not a bad player but we are challenging for top 4 ffs. Would he get into liverpools , man utd's or everton's team every week. And before anyone says 'yeah but we have injuries ' we have just let a much better player go on loan to Fulham and an experienced French midfielder sitting on our bench and you just know that when sandro and dembele are fit bentaleb will still be playing

i find that you can spot bad managers by them displaying that they think they are really smart and know better than everyone else. AVB was one of those, and weve had several others like that at our club in the past. unfortunately you start to wonder if Sherwood is another. He seems to be trying to build a team around an average 19 year old and it doesn't make any sense at all.
Two of Dembele, Sandro or Paulinho are going to be very pissed when they are all fit.

I overheard this conversation today, coming out the ground at full time (2 Hull fans, of course). I swear to God this is eactly what I heard:

Guy 1: That Eriksen looks alright don't he. Reckon he'll have a decent chance of being in the World Cup squad.

*easy mistake, I thought - I sometimes forget Denmark aren't at the World Cup*

Guy 2: Yeah he looks good, but he'd be up against Gerrard and Wilshere for that CM role and I don't think he'll get picked over them.

Guy 1 then agrees, and says he may be one for Euro 2016, when Gerrard's out of the team.

There are not enough of these: :paulinhofacepalm: in the world, to sum up that conversation.

I overheard this conversation today, coming out the ground at full time (2 Hull fans, of course). I swear to God this is eactly what I heard:

Guy 1: That Eriksen looks alright don't he. Reckon he'll have a decent chance of being in the World Cup squad.

Guy 2: Yeah he looks good, but he'd be up against Gerrard and Wilshere for that CM role and I don't think he'll get picked over them.

Guy 1 then agrees, and says he may be one for Euro 2016, when Gerrard's out of the team.

There are not enough of these: :paulinhofacepalm: in the world, to sum up that conversation.

In a weird way wouldn't it be lovely to be this naive, to come up to the Prem and not have a clue, smile through every game, not have life or death games every single week and be in a city with 3 cunt teams that hate you, hence the 1882 youth games - thats enjoyable, whereas with our first team with each week its just sad as we fall further behind these behemoths on and off the field

i find that you can spot bad managers by them displaying that they think they are really smart and know better than everyone else. AVB was one of those, and weve had several others like that at our club in the past. unfortunately you start to wonder if Sherwood is another. He seems to be trying to build a team around an average 19 year old and it doesn't make any sense at all.
Two of Dembele, Sandro or Paulinho are going to be very pissed when they are all fit.

I've stuck by TS thus far, but if he even thinks about benching Sandro in favor of keeping Bentaleb in the squad...

:parker:
:avbshock:
:sherwoodlol:

Typical American. :troll:

Edit ; Are you guys that unhappy with a draw? If you are, then you're cunt.

Back
Top Bottom