Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City (Home) 21st Mar 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry but I believe you to be wrong. See the last game again for examples of what he is or does.
I didn't compare him to either player, apart from to say he has the same happy knack as Dempsey of popping up to score goals, despite being total pony.
Sorry mate, but you are seeing things in his play that aren't evident to me.
I'm glad he makes you happy though, he doesn't have the same effect on me.
I don't really think he's crap, as such. I just think we could do a lot better.
If I had a choice of sending him to Swansea and getting Siggy back, I think I'd get Siggy - he scored as many goals, and worked for the team, and he did support the defence.
Mick I think what you're saying is that he doesn't stamp his presence on games. I agree with that. He pops up to score some goals here and there

I wasn't able to watch the game due to it not being shown in the US and was out so couldn't stream it, and I was just able to watch all the extended highlights of the game. Because I was able to see the virtual meltdown after the game I was expecting the worst, and it was initially better than I expected and the far worse at others.

For me, Chadli and Walker put in their worst performances I have maybe ever seen from them. They looked lost, off the pace, unsure what to do next and were constantly out of position. Townsend was just nonexistant, and this just completely opened up our flanks and pulled Mason and Bentaleb out of position exposing the middle.

I don't see how we can run both Townsend and Chadli out again next week and expect something to be better. They are a complete liability, as well as Walker but we don't have a great replacement for him without moving Dier out wide and putting Fazio in next to Vertonghen.

We have probs in the back for sure but we are still attacking. I think MoPo(tm) needs to rethink a few ideas. Chelsea in the league cup and Man United away showed that teams have got us dialed in tactically. Leicester continued that theme but not completely and we were allowed good chances. They were brave and went for it, testing us to the end. We really need to polish it up for this home stretch.

For me, Chadli and Walker put in their worst performances I have maybe ever seen from them. They looked lost, off the pace, unsure what to do next and were constantly out of position. Townsend was just nonexistant, and this just completely opened up our flanks and pulled Mason and Bentaleb out of position exposing the middle.

I don't see how we can run both Townsend and Chadli out again next week and expect something to be better. They are a complete liability, as well as Walker but we don't have a great replacement for him without moving Dier out wide and putting Fazio in next to Vertonghen.

Agreed. Charlie had a mare and Walker was not at his best. We need a reset of sorts to get our mono back.

Back
Top Bottom