Tottenham Hotspur v. Leicester City - Sunday 13th May - 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was like a Sunday afternoon kick about in the park at some stages of the game... not so hilarious to watch, but in retrospect, a fitting, crazy, one-off ending to a pretty crazy, one off season!

Enjoy the Toilet Cup... sorry the WC and the Summer!!

Just had another look on foxshit
They are having a competition to come up with innovative ways of calling us classless and repeat the third in a two horse race mantra.
It must be what conversations in Rampton hospital are like
Sad really

Ask Sausage re Rampton!

I know I've pitched into the Leicester rivals to Spurs debate, mostly for fun, because it amuses me that Leicester fans think that we actually care about them.
The fact is that they are just monumentally upset that we don't hold them in high regard because they won the league, albeit in freak circumstances, when we were relatively close to stopping them. The childish glee which they attempt to taunt us with this fact, ignores the fact that being the top once in a hundred plus years doesn't give you a seat at footballs top table.
Check out this post from Foxtalk, for the evidence of a badly tortured soul

Some of the posts of absolutely beautiful. They really are the nastiest, classless and embarrassing fans in the country. Even when one of them has the temerity to admit that they did actually come third in a two horse race, they get jumped on and called a slaaaaaaag or a caaaaaaaaaaaaant. The truth really does hurt!

Squalid football club with not much history, at least nothing within the last quarter of a century, whose only achievement lately include coming 3rd in a two horse race, "putting the pressure on" Chelsea, spending less time on top of the league than Hull or Huddersfield, beating a poor Real Madrid in a dead rubber, and finishing above Woolwich two times in a generation. Their nemesis Woolwich have been on the decline for the last 5 years, and have won 3 trophies and reached a European semi final, while Spurs are having their 'best' seasons in generations, and have still achieved absolutely nothing.

Their future is starting to look a bit bleak too, with a manager and squad now looking at the likes of Walker who has trebled his wages and won as many trophies this season as Spurs have in his lifetime, while they remain on mid-table wages and trophyless, and have tight-arsed owners who now have a billion pound stadium to pay for. It's all going to fall apart, and it's gonna be wonderful to watch.

They’re hilarious aren’t they. So desperate to be taken seriously, yet even winning the title has done fuck all for them except prolong their little run in the premiership by a couple of years. They’ll be back in the lower leagues within 3 seasons. Yet apparently our future is looking bleak, yeah playing champions league football in a massive new stadium is bleak as fuck isn’t it.

He's your love child isn't he Baz? You won't hear a bad word said about him!

:):):)

I’m aware of his limitations but it pisses me off when he receives all of this flak on here, most of it undeserved as he does a job!

I was the same with Tom Carroll and Lamela when he first arrived

I’m aware of his limitations but it pisses me off when he receives all of this flak on here, most of it undeserved as he does a job!

I was the same with Tom Carroll and Lamela when he first arrived
When you accept their limitations, you can appreciate what they do do well, both Lamela and Sissoko had bad moments yesterday, and both had good moments. Sissoko gets the flak as his "moments" are easier to see.
You do have to bear in mind that everyone wants to see them succeed though, and we are appreciative and complimentary when they do.

When you accept their limitations, you can appreciate what they do do well, both Lamela and Sissoko had bad moments yesterday, and both had good moments. Sissoko gets the flak as his "moments" are easier to see.
You do have to bear in mind that everyone wants to see them succeed though, and we are appreciative and complimentary when they do.

Most of us yes but some on here I wonder

You only hear from them when we put in a bad performance

Aurier will be the next one but I would prefer to judge him after a pre season with Poch

That wasn't a game for the faint hearted, was it? :). Considering we threatened to finish the season on a bit of a damp squib, there were plenty of bangers to keep us entertained.
Although it wasn't one that the defenders on both sides will look back on with pride, personally I would rather win
5-4 than 1-0.
Pleased for Harry that he seemed back to his sharpest, just a shame he couldn't have squeezed another three !!!
Thought KWP did a fantastic job, considering that he has had nearly zilch first team playing time this season.
Soooooooooooo glad to leave Wembley behind, NWHL here we come.
We went for our traditional,end-of-season 'ruby' after the game, which I really enjoy meeting up with the guys that I haven't seen much of this year.
Looking forward to a few months off, but can't wait to see the fixtures for next season.

Hahahaha, shut those deluded idiots up..

3-1 and they fucked it up :dembelelol:

From all the fans I’ve seen at Wembley this season, they were by far the most star struck. They all looked like kids walking into Santa’s Grotto and a winter wonderland..never seen so many selfies and picture taking. You can tell none of them had been to Wembley before.
I think it’s great that we gave so many of the little clubs their big day out at Wembley.
It was like a bingo night out, never seen so many old biddies and grandads.

Mental game but the right result in the end. Weren’t at our best but more than enough to beat that pile of dog shit.

Won’t miss Wembley but has to be said, it served a purpose And we finished 3rd, so we have to be grateful for that.

We’re going home, we’re going home, we’re going, Tottenham’s going home.:freundgoal::tobyarm:

:pochlol:

(Cant like and funny. )

Quite an astonishing read
Spurs hatred towards Leicester

But then again, is any of the stuff we trotted out any better or worse?

Why do people think we are entitled as a fan base? Do they think we haven't recognised the lack of silverware?
A common theme of thinking the press is against them, see our media bias thread.

Their hatred seems to stem from the the fact that we have always been better than them, except for one season.

In years to come I think their club motto will be Latin for "third in a two horse race"
It seems to inspire them.

Back
Top Bottom