Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool 31/8/14 1330 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

...damn right... that's the quietest I've seen Suarez against us in a long while...
...credit to Jan, Kaboom and Co. really did a job on taming the goofy wanker yesterday!!
It's a shame Suarez wasn't playing because Kaboul could've done with a bite on the arse to make him realise he was in a fucking football match!!

Kaboul was diabolical yesterday. I have defended him a lot on here, to ArcspacE ArcspacE in particular, but Younes looked every part the Championship standard you said he is.
His distribution was dreadful, his positioning worse (why did he drop so deep for the first goal playing Henderson onside?) yet he still found time for his marauding runs forward where he kicks the ball 15 yards ahead of himself and has to commit himself into a challenge, not only losing the ball but being left in a heap in the opposition's third.

Vertonghen wasn't much better, as I feared from last season, he simply doesn't care enough. Forget people saying he just has a miserable face but really he loves us - he doesn't show a 100th of the passion or desire that Terry, King or Vidic did/do.

I thought Rose had a good game, and bailed us out of a couple situations where we left ourselves short at the back. He seems to keep his head much better under Poch. Davies was distinctly average when he came on. I'm not sold on him yet.

The Moreno goal - I just do not understand why Capoue was seemingly jogging back, allowing him a free run at goal? There is no way Sandro would have done the same. And Kaboul watched him all the way as well without closing down. I know he was marking his man, but the basics of defending suggest the priority is to close down the ball first. That is the danger.

Negatives - We played like an AVB team. Side to side, no penetration or urgency. No intelligence or clever runs, no quick transitions of play. We gave away every goal.

Positives - We gave away every goal. They did not cut us open, we were responsible for every goal, and therefore if we eradicate those mistakes, we should be ok. The penalty was an abomination. Lamela. Rose.

In Poch we trust.
wow
talk about caught between the devil and the deep blue sea
On the positive side Gibbs disagrees so technically you must be right, but on the downside Arcspace agrees with you. If I were you I'd chalk that down to you mentioning his name and not following it with abuse and then you won't have sleepless nights worrying about what you said that was wrong.
:)

Extremely harsh penalty changed the game. Would have been different had Ade and Chadli buried their first half chances.
Early days, just so fucking annoying we've got to wait two weeks till Sunderland.

Back
Top Bottom