Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool
Competition : Premier League
Date : Saturday 27th August 2016
Time : 12.30pm
Venue : White Hart Lane

My Line-up : Vorm - Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose - Dier - Wanyama - Lamela - Dele - Eriksen - Kane.

Expected Line-up : As Above.

Score Prediction : 2 - 1 win.

Go top for at least a couple of hours. :coys:

Vorm
Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Dier - Wanyama
Lamela - Janssen - Alli
Kane
I'd want a more free flowing front four to be honest. I didn't much like Lamela dominantly on the left in the last game so I'd like to see him come in from the right and play a little more central. Janssen and Kane both comfortable on either side of the pitch, both two footed and work extremely hard but for the football purists, his name being at the top of the formation will make them feel a lot happier. All allows for a solid central midfield pairing in Dier and Wanyama.

2-1 win.

Janssen and Alli

Predicting another nervy and hard-to-watch performance from us. It definitely looks like we're not going to settle down and start playing to the best of our abilities until September/Dembele is back (although I'm reluctant to put it all on his shoulders and say once he's back we'll be destroying any team that dares to cross our path).

Would love a win, but will be satisfied with not losing and keeping our unbeaten record for as long as possible, as just that will build confidence in the team week by week. Liverpool look like they're currently continuing with the inconsistency that has defined their time under Klopp. Hope we get them on a bad day, then there's no reason we can't get all three points.

I think Janssen will be dropped. I think I would do the same. Not because of his performance but because Liverpool won't sit back. Tactically it makes more sense to put Alli back in.

I think we might get our arses handed to us in this fixture. Liverpool are wounded and Coutinho is playing well.

Defensively we'll have to be disciplined if we're to stand a chance.

Based solely on their match against Burnley, there is no reason why we can't slaughter them if they continue to insist on playing out of the back. Press the hell out of them and take advantage of their mistakes. Eriksen will come good, let him play. I still don't like how defensively we play with both Wanyama and Dier, but I think having the two of them in the pivot against Liverpool will help shut down their midfield, which is exactly what we need to do. Even though I really like what I've seen from Janssen I'm not entirely sure that his style of play will be needed.

Hopefully Mane is out of this one.

Vorm, Walker , Alderweireld , Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Wanyama, Lamela, Alli, Eriksen, Kane

Subs: Mcgee, Tripper, Davies, Mason, Carroll, Son, Janssen

It is really a tough fixture. As much as Liverpool will struggle to get into the top 4 due to their varying level of performances they still have a very high maximum level. Thankfully over a season it means they won't dominate the league, but for particular games, like you saw at the Scumirates, they can raise their game.

They are very good going forward, which usually suits us well, as we struggle more vs teams who sit back. Another week of preparation should be good for us. They start with three away games on the trot and despite losing yesterday they could end up with 6 points after those 3 games including two of the toughest away games in the league.

Not going to use that old phrase, but to beat them on Saturday would certainly give us a proper lift and the Scousers a kick where it hurts the most!

Let's do them.

Someone sort the typo out in the title of this thread. (Fucking hope it's a typo and not an attempt at humour)

I fucking hate playing this lot. Bad memories for most of my lifetime bar the few years prior to the slaughterings we received under AVB etc. Should have beaten them twice last season so hopefully we can put them to the sword next week. They were good against Woolwich but Woolwich were so shocking at the back its not worth reading too much into that.

3 points to the Mighty Spurs.

We need to play 2 up front as it looks as though v Burnley that new bloke was rattled when pressed ( janssen) and the two didn't know how to handle it.
Stop their full backs getting forward.
Start with the same team imo and bring on Dele if we need a spark.
We must start well.
However, I feel they are much more advanced that our first 11 and they usually show up for the bigger games.

We need to play 2 up front as it looks as though v Burnley that new bloke was rattled when pressed ( janssen) and the two didn't know how to handle it.
Stop their full backs getting forward.
Start with the same team imo and bring on Dele if we need a spark.
We must start well.
However, I feel they are much more advanced that our first 11 and they usually show up for the bigger games.

What do you mean by advanced? Terrible keeper, Milner at LB, Henderson trying to play as a DM. Their team is all over the place.

Edit: Moreno?

Last edited:
To be fair the title did make me chuckle. I know it is juvenile but it is just so ridiculous.The sort of joke a 6 year old would think is pretty clever.

Really hope eriksen starts this one, I know he's been off but games like this when you need a clever flick on or break that only he can give us

scouserfight.gif

Back
Top Bottom