Tottenham Hotspur v Man City (2/2/2020)(4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Man City looked light years ahead for much of this game, but both our goals were quality. Ndombele's little shimmy away from Rodri to create space and then see the pass. Bergwijn's chest control and volley - both glorious.

Feels like we will get better and better now, especially with Eriksen and Rose finally out of the club. So many reasons for optimism suddenly - Lo Celso, Tanganga, Bergwijn, Ndombele, Toby signing. Mourinho is still a top manager and hungry to prove it.

THIS exactly.
MC did look the better squad on average. Can't begin to argue that.
BUT, we are starting to show glimpses of true talent on the field, mostly from very young players who still have a ton of room for growth. GLC, Tanganga, Bergwijn, Ndombele have all show special qualities. Have we done enough to get up to CL qualification? Maybe, maybe not. But for the first time in a while, I'm back to being optimistic on Spurs going forward. There is certainly work to do in the summer and it would be nice to avoid bad injuries for a change, but a very strong foundation is being laid.

I was doing it in response to the way you spoke to me in your post. Had you asked first instead of sniping, you would have received a civil response.
You've never heard of black people being insulted by comparing them to monkeys, chimps, apes?

Really?

IF that's true, then maybe don't lecture people about your life experience and how wise that makes you. Because it literally happens all over the world.

Last edited:
Btw, do not think Mick or AtP either one means ill with the back and forth. Living in the US, I certainly understand where AtP is coming from. I found Mick's initial post to be a bit jarring as well. But I also think our own context matters. As a white dude from Kentucky, I'd never use Mick's phrasing. But in my (still somewhat limited compared to most of you) time here, he has never come across "that" way. Not that either of you need it from me, but I give you both the benefit of the doubt that you are coming from good places.

I was talking about american football because the racist angle didn't cross my mind.
I dont think like that.
Hence
Making jokes of it
Being really pissed off for being accused of something that doesn't cross my mind
It's fair that you don't think like that. That doesn't bother or surprise me.

Because of their life experiences that you wouldn't know anything about, some do.

You and your lot were as offended by my interpretation as you think I was by his post. Strange.

Btw, do not think Mick or AtP either one means ill with the back and forth. Living in the US, I certainly understand where AtP is coming from. I found Mick's initial post to be a bit jarring as well. But I also think our own context matters. As a white dude from Kentucky, I'd never use Mick's phrasing. But in my (still somewhat limited compared to most of you) time here, he has never come across "that" way. Not that either of you need it from me, but I give you both the benefit of the doubt that you are coming from good places.
I believe Mick is too. It wasn't his post that set this off, and it shouldn't be misconstrued that way.

On another note, I don't think I've ever seen a match where the winners got so little respect for said win by the media, the BBC & Sky have basically turned into Man City supporters groups, there is almost literally not one word of praise for our performance and win, everything is "how did Oil City not win, they should have won, Mourinho was nothing but lucky, etc."

Barely any mention of Bergwijn's debut goal at all, or the fact that we stopped so many City shots from going in.

I have criticised Jose's complaining in the media before, but I seriously hope at the next press conference he tears into them for their obvious bias.

On another note, I don't think I've ever seen a match where the winners got so little respect for said win by the media, the BBC & Sky have basically turned into Man City supporters groups, there is almost literally not one word of praise for our performance and win, everything is "how did Oil City not win, they should have won, Mourinho was nothing but lucky, etc."

Barely any mention of Bergwijn's debut goal at all, or the fact that we stopped so many City shots from going in.

I have criticised Jose's complaining in the media before, but I seriously hope at the next press conference he tears into them for their obvious bias.
After watching all the post match coverage it dawned on me that Spurs actually had no right even being on the same pitch as City 🥴

After watching all the post match coverage it dawned on me that Spurs actually had no right even being on the same pitch as City 🥴
Yeah, apparently we're little more than a Championship level club who got lucky,

And all the desperate defences of Sterling's tackle on Dele and his obvious dive is bordering on pathetic, if roles had been reversed they'd all be screaming that Dele be banned for the rest of the season.

Yeah, apparently we're little more than a Championship level club who got lucky,

And all the desperate defences of Sterling's tackle on Dele and his obvious dive is bordering on pathetic, if roles had been reversed they'd all be screaming that Dele be banned for the rest of the season.

The Harry Kane team

Without Harry or Moussa

And we still won!!

I think it will do us good to fly under the radar for a bit. Too many of our players thought they had arrived and had the world at their feet before they had actually achieved anything. Hopefully the media brush off just makes them hungrier. Makes them realise that the only thing the City game won us was 3 points and no one is really going to pay attention until they start winning 10 games on the bounce and no one is going to give them respect until they start winning trophies. I'd much prefer them motivated by proving everyone wrong and watching them squirm than looking for pats on the back from wankers like Lineker, Shearer, Neville, Merson, Dixon, Carragher, Keown and all those other underwhelming pricks who are just pissed off because now they can't use all the 'clever' lines they had spent all week thinking up.

Back
Top Bottom