Tottenham Hotspur v Man United (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mason is an AM /CM being wrongly played as a kind of DM, so I will never blame him for fucking up defensively. He has far more to offer further forward that's it's dumb to keep him back there.

The irony was that manure ended up picking the team they shud have picked earlier in season. Eg mata, Rooney upfront etc etc
As soon as I saw their teamsheet I texted my friend and said Oh shit, captain pug face has finally woken up.

And of course that they played and lost to arse before playing us. If they'd beaten arse it wud have been a totally diferent game.

Even keown noted the unbelievable difference in the 2 performances - It was obviously their best first half since fergie, and I don't blame our lads for not coping with that ( 3rd goal apart). Oh and walkers nightmare, but that was the same guy who battled heroically at wembley, so...

Who wud hav put money on hairdo scoring with his left foot and carrick with his head ?!

And I saw a lot of tough running and fighting going on in that last 15 minutes as well. Some of our lads didn't didn't give up.

What I did find appalling was the same thing as usual, the TOTAL lack of imagination in the final third.

I don't want to blame poch in the sense of Mopo out blah blah but for the record I'm very doubtful that he will have any more of a clue attacking wise in 12 months time with his rigid inverted wingers and so on.
Townsends goal against Swansea was not a fluke. He needs to have space to run at people, and he ain't gonna get that chained to the rhs touch line.
Mason needs to be freed up to drive forward ( I wud have stambouli with nabil).
And no more lame duck pls, at least in the current system.
Probably chadli ditto.

Etc etc etc

I'm still more pissed off about the fiorentina home match than anything else !

The irony was that manure ended up picking the team they shud have picked earlier in season. Eg mata, Rooney upfront etc etc
As soon as I saw their teamsheet I texted my friend and said Oh shit, captain pug face has finally woken up.

And of course that they played and lost to arse before playing us. If they'd beaten arse it wud have been a totally diferent game.

Even keown noted the unbelievable difference in the 2 performances - It was obviously their best first half since fergie, and I don't blame our lads for not coping with that ( 3rd goal apart). Oh and walkers nightmare, but that was the same guy who battled heroically at wembley, so...

Who wud hav put money on hairdo scoring with his left foot and carrick with his head ?!

And I saw a lot of tough running and fighting going on in that last 15 minutes as well. Some of our lads didn't didn't give up.

What I did find appalling was the same thing as usual, the TOTAL lack of imagination in the final third.

I don't want to blame poch in the sense of Mopo out blah blah but for the record I'm very doubtful that he will have any more of a clue attacking wise in 12 months time with his rigid inverted wingers and so on.
Townsends goal against Swansea was not a fluke. He needs to have space to run at people, and he ain't gonna get that chained to the rhs touch line.
Mason needs to be freed up to drive forward ( I wud have stambouli with nabil).
And no more lame duck pls, at least in the current system.
Probably chadli ditto.

Etc etc etc

I'm still more pissed off about the fiorentina home match than anything else !

I am sure Manu had a good performance but I saw them play well in the firs thalf against Woolwich. Difference is wenger went with 3 midfielders and they were solid defensively. Us on the other hand conceded two goals from two defensive midfielders. Walker lost the ball 27 times because he was clearly having an off day and eric dier who is probably kaboul in diguise contributed his 7th or 8th consecutive error leading to us conceding.
What interest me is why we were so poor fitness wise.It's not the first time we have been outplayed but there was no effort,no tackles, not many cards, no furstration ,no desire. After a weeks rest what the heck has pochettino been doing with them?.Is this intensity training being taken too far?. Considering we usually play thursdays ironically I think the players usually get a break with the europa fixtures. My personal opinion is that we are begining to see burn out
Another think that disturbed me was Adebayor's comments lately saying 'kane will save our season' For a clown on 3 times kane's wages and being way more experienced than him, you'd expect more positive words.

I am sorry but there are too many people hiding behind too many if's and maybe's.

The simple facts are Spurs are 7th & have totally bollocked up the season thus far. Despite a massive resource on offer.

Europe. Farcical.

League Cup. Favorable ties, scrape job in semi final ( awful on reflection ) and a bitch slap at Wembley.

FA Cup. Leicester Fucking City @ Home

League. Lost to WBA, Newcastle & Stoke AT HOME ! Failed to take more than a point v Palace. Lucky away wins. 1 proper striker, 1 point out of 15 from games v top 5 away.... Progress ? What progress ?
Im off to play some cold play and slit my wrists?

Keep hearing a lot negative stuff about Mason after the United game. It's a shame people have to be so fickle because he's had a lot of good games for us this season especially considering he's only broke into the first team this season. Yeh, he didn't have a good game on Sunday, but nobody did. The whole team just never turned up so it seems pretty harsh to suddenly decide Mason isn't good enough. Yes, it remains to be seen how he is going to be in the long run but for me definitely in the starting XI on Saturday.

AberdeenYid AberdeenYid
Purely out of my own interest - why does it matter? Surely the match thread titles don't come near the top of most embarrassing things on this forum. I'm honestly stumped as to what the problem could be. Help?

Because I browse the forum at work. It's acceptable to be reading a web page called "Tottenham v Man Utd", not some ludicrous title with childish swear words etc.

Just find it a bit cringeworthy and means I'm less likely to browse.

Who is Samuel Barber I thought? I searched and listened to the suggested track-Adagio for strings.
Oh god, I can hear the music and see us getting ripped apart at Utd - depressed big time now.

Thanks
Don't, whatever you do, listen to 'My Sister' Tindersticks. Promise?

Keep hearing a lot negative stuff about Mason after the United game. It's a shame people have to be so fickle because he's had a lot of good games for us this season especially considering he's only broke into the first team this season. Yeh, he didn't have a good game on Sunday, but nobody did. The whole team just never turned up so it seems pretty harsh to suddenly decide Mason isn't good enough. Yes, it remains to be seen how he is going to be in the long run but for me definitely in the starting XI on Saturday.

There have been questions about Mason at the top level all along. He certainly has good games and is committed but, he hasn't got the promise or athleticism of Bentaleb. His passing is a strong attribute but it tends to be patchy and not always as critical in some games as other duties he's weaker at e.g. defensive/cover positioning.

I think if we had a really top player in his position we'd be a cut above where we are now but we won't get one so, a capable option to avoid burning Mason and Bentaleb out is the best we can hope for.

I am sorry but there are too many people hiding behind too many if's and maybe's.

The simple facts are Spurs are 7th & have totally bollocked up the season thus far. Despite a massive resource on offer.

Europe. Farcical.

League Cup. Favorable ties, scrape job in semi final ( awful on reflection ) and a bitch slap at Wembley.

FA Cup. Leicester Fucking City @ Home

League. Lost to WBA, Newcastle & Stoke AT HOME ! Failed to take more than a point v Palace. Lucky away wins. 1 proper striker, 1 point out of 15 from games v top 5 away.... Progress ? What progress ?
Good post Lee. As you say 'progress, what progress?'

Of course there has been some progress, the emergence of Kane in particular. But let's not forget who first gave Kane a proper chance, yep Sherwood. The man who took us to 6th and got roundly abused for it, often in the most appallingly unfair manner.

Poch has done very well with regard to injuries and many other things. so I'm not saying, and NEVER have said 'Poch out', (I've noticed some blatant lies about what I've said on various threads). It's just that I try to be even-handed in praise and blame, unlike some/many with Sherwood.

There have been questions about Mason at the top level all along. He certainly has good games and is committed but, he hasn't got the promise or athleticism of Bentaleb. His passing is a strong attribute but it tends to be patchy and not always as critical in some games as other duties he's weaker at e.g. defensive/cover positioning.

I think if we had a really top player in his position we'd be a cut above where we are now but we won't get one so, a capable option to avoid burning Mason and Bentaleb out is the best we can hope for.
For me we've got such an option in Stambouli, and I don't understand why he is so often ignored.

He's too slow for Poch's style.

Yeh it's a shame as he is a good footballer, a typical Levy type buy, cheap, not bad but not really what we need. He is Schniderlin without the engine or speed.

The whole sqaure peg, round holes issue again, Mason is really an AM but gets kept deep for his speed and ability to pass forward quickly despite not being a natural DM, Bentaleb is kind of the same although he is normally better defensively than Mason. While Stambouli and Capoue are just to slow for what we require despite being good at breaking up the game.

Yeh it's a shame as he is a good footballer, a typical Levy type buy, cheap, not bad but not really what we need. He is Schniderlin without the engine or speed.

The whole sqaure peg, round holes issue again, Mason is really an AM but gets kept deep for his speed and ability to pass forward quickly despite not being a natural DM, Bentaleb is kind of the same although he is normally better defensively than Mason. While Stambouli and Capoue are just to slow for what we require despite being good at breaking up the game.
Yeah, it's pretty frustrating buying players that the manager doesn't want. I have sympathy reading other fans' comments on this sammyspurs sammyspurs in particular. I know where he's coming from, but Poch doesn't see it like that.

Back
Top Bottom