Tottenham Hotspur v Man United (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1st goal Mason abandoned marking Fellaini to tackle the player that fed him, leaving Dier no chance whatsoever of making the gap
So Dier wasn't able to read the game and see that he's the last defender between Fellaini and the goal.

2nd Goal Townsend with time lobs out a lazy clearance straight to carrick who probably thought all his birthdays had come at once - nothing, but nothing Dier could have done
Well, Fellaini beats Dier to provide a header towards goal which makes Chadli to deflect the ball to Carrick who scores, that's more accurate i would say...

3rd goal Bentaleb feeds Rooney and offers him a free run at the defence - yep, Rooney Beat Dier and made him look tame, Dier was probably totally shocked at the pass Bentaleb gave away, but should have done better
All 3 - I think not, unless its your agenda to make him out to be poorer than your man.
My agenda is to give Vlad my support even if it's just my words on an internet forum.

edit: It was Chadli not Townsend at the second goal, corrected, thanks @thebonepremier... hmm, how are forum names inserted please?

Last edited:
Dier looks good throughtout the game but he makes massive errors and botches when he is the final man left with an attacker running at him. It's bizare to say the least all the hate vlad gets and how people turn a blind eye on Dier's mistakes.Too many biases cluttering people's judgements.

We don't win this, it's goodbye to top 4.
And hello again to Europa?[/QUOTE
Dier looks good throughtout the game but he makes massive errors and botches when he is the final man left with an attacker running at him. It's bizare to say the least all the hate vlad gets and how people turn a blind eye on Dier's mistakes.Too many biases cluttering people's judgements.

He's a kid and its a shame he's had to be a mainstay of the defence rather than being eased in, because of the shortcomings of "senior" players. Hardly his fault and he will be a Spurs legend, no question. Similar to Mason, in fact.

Yes, he loses a header on the second goal, but is fouled(!) and pugs enough pressure on one of the best aerial players in the league for the header to be quite "safe". It would be easily saved Chadli hadn't tried to clear it.

On the first goal Mason is in position to cover Fellaini, but suddenly leaves him and open up space, making Dier look bad. Before that, Townsend does a poor job of putting pressure on Blind, and Bentaleb is too far to the right. Dier is like the fourth on the list over most to blame for the goal.

On the third goal he really fucks up, but again he's put in a bad position by others, primarily Bentaleb. Dier should've done better though.

But like lots of our guys, he's young and inexperienced. We have to expect some bad performances.

Like the other youngsters he shows great potential, and looks like a player who can become huge.

He's a kid and its a shame he's had to be a mainstay of the defence rather than being eased in, because of the shortcomings of "senior" players. Hardly his fault and he will be a Spurs legend, no question. Similar to Mason, in fact.

bullshit, who's responsible for dier and bentaleb's errors? Dier is a massive liability

Last edited:
..................also a CB that can't head the ball ain't a CB.
Yes, aerial game isn't his strong point but sure you can remember his goal with Burnley, can you?
What I'm trying to say here is that none of Tottenham defenders have earned a sure spot in the team as well as none of them can be a write off (extra football reasons apart).

Quoting your own posts does not strengthen your argument I'm afraid.
Sorry, I can see what you are trying to say but I've became a little irritated by the amount of shit some are trowing to Vlad and indeed went into a posting spree... but what I've tried to say with that quote is that I've said that Dier is not ahead of the mentioned players some time before the Man U match (when Dier was beginning to play CB) so no melting for me.

Sorry, I can see what you are trying to say but I've became a little irritated by the amount of shit some are trowing to Vlad and indeed went into a posting spree... but what I've tried to say with that quote is that I've said that Dier is not ahead of the mentioned players some time before the Man U match (when Dier was beginning to play CB) so no melting for me.
Is suggest that Vlad isn't more shite as Dier, but he's no better either and no number of one minute YouTubes will dissuade me from that thought.

Back
Top Bottom