Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City | Premier League | 21st November @ 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's nothing too let go..... I can't think of a single bad challenge that went unpunished.... If you watch the defensive highlights clip doing the rounds all you'll see is high quality challenges and defensive work.
I agree there was absolutely nothing to let go but on another day with another ref he could of found a way to blow up for some. That's why I think he had such a good game.

I agree there was absolutely nothing to let go but on another day with another ref he could of found a way to blow up for some. That's why I think he had such a good game.

Sure, I'm just talking in terms of the embittered City fans.

Sure, I'm just talking in terms of the embittered City fans.
They just expect teams to turn up and roll over and have their tummies tickled now. Doesn't matter how much you spend if you don't have the desire and fight on the day you'll get nothing. We wanted it more that's all there is to it.

They just expect teams to turn up and roll over and have their tummies tickled now. Doesn't matter how much you spend if you don't have the desire and fight on the day you'll get nothing. We wanted it more that's all there is to it.
That kind of desire is something I’ve rarely seen in past Tottenham sides, bar the odd NLD.

What's even better with these mercenaries is that it's all sunshine and rainbows when they're in the hunt for the Premier League title.....

However, now they see that it's going to be a hard slog to reach the summit the effort comes slightly down and the extra effort dissappears.

Just finished watching the highlights back and it really showed how little City were able to create despite all their shots.

The other thing that stood out to me is how poor Ederson was for our two goals. Just horrible.

Remember when you quit supporting Spurs when Poch was sacked and it was “the last straw” and you took a break.
Then came back when we improved and “accepted” Jose.

Then begged Case to delete your account, then dropped the word Clash from your username and came back?

My post is all true by the way
Yes I remember that flounce

This actually shows what's happened to City more than what's going on at Spurs. It happened with us under Poch (It's starting to creep into LFC under Klopp, it happened to Klopp at BVB & happened to Pep in his last season at Barca, although they were still immense they relied on Messi who got 43% of all their goals during a time when they and Barca were light0years ahead everyone else).

This City team don't press anymore, don't tactical foul anymore, the time they gave us in the first 15min, in particular, was unreal. The clip shows exactly this.

Unless they start to press again they are in a spot of bother because they take up positions as though they are still a pressing team.

We only played like the above in the first 15mins, which is why I'm saying the clip exemplifies City's performance rather than ours. I really enjoyed the first 15mins of the first half because of this and us winning the ball off them in midfield, then because of the space Citeh gave us we progressed and passed well. We then sat deep and whilst defended very well I think we were fortunate to go in 1-0 (not undeserved but the handball was 50/50 imo).

Second half we were properly good limiting them to long-range shots and hopeful, wasteful low % crosses, we controlled that half completly.
KDB kept them in a false position last season

What are you on about?

After Barca he took over BAYERN MUNICH that had destroyed every other side in all competition they were in. Before Pep time, they demolished Barcelona in semifinal 7:0 on aggregate!! Literally it might have been the most perfect killing machine of a team the continent has seen in past 20 years. This team had got into final even under LvG management! And not only did he not deliver CL he never made into final with them. With the team that reached final in 2010, 2012 and 2013.
Let it sink in - he failed to steer Bayern into final during his 3 years, AFTER THEY HAD BEEN IN 3 OUT OF 4 PREVIOUS FINALS. Utter and miserable step back in European stage for Bayern, there is no other way to look at it.

And after that?
After that he has been at the helm of one of the richest clubs in the world and has spent almost half a billion euros only on defenders. And what does he has to show for it in CL? He has never got further than quarterfinals!! QUARTER ... FINALS...
We were in final during that period, Pool has been in final for 2 times. Juventus, Atletico, PSG and ffs even likes of Roma, Ajax, Lyon, Leipzig and Monaco (!!) have made it further than Shitty under him. He has been pathetic failure in CL. It is clear as a day.
I agree with your every word. Pep is a great coach but without Messi he never made it to the bottom of the CL

Hey Igula Igula I know your carded but even you couldn’t deny Dier had a decent game today! :dierno:
Looks Like Mr X is back from bin! Hello Igula Igula you must be gutted to see that a defence containing Dier has gone over 300 minutes without conceding a PL goal and facing Man City, Chelsea and Gooners!
john c. mcginley laughing GIF

Looks Like Mr X is back from bin! Hello Igula Igula you must be gutted to see that a defence containing Dier has gone over 300 minutes without conceding a PL goal and facing Man City, Chelsea and Gooners!
john c. mcginley laughing GIF

Not gutted at all, glad to see his teammates pick up the slack for his poor play.

Gives me hope for how awesome we could really be when we replace him with a quality player.

Back
Top Bottom