Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City | Premier League | 21st November @ 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly, I don’t really think we’ll need two keepers if we play 15 on the field.
You can never have enough keepers. Although it'd be interesting to see how Jose lines them up. I imagine if Hugo and Joe had half a goal each it'd cause issues with communication down the middle so perhaps he'll deploy one of them out of the centre of the box to deal with crosses and shit.

City don't seem the same this year. Teams are able to get at them. The counter attacking at pace has disappeared from what I've seen so far.

It'll still be a tough game, they have players who can switch it on and win a game on their own. But so do we, and we have proper depth for once.

I love to read the forums of opposing teams before they go up against Spurs, it gives me an interesting insight on their perspective.
From the Bluemoon forums, a summary so far:

--> They fear Son and Kane (as with most teams, from what I have read on other respective forums)
--> They think if they can control Son and Kane, Spurs have nothing.
--> Bale...they are hesitant due to his reputation..but not sure if he is a threat as yet.
--> They think Spurs are a bunch of cheats (I am assuming due to Lamela's recent antics?)
--> They feel Mourinho will use his defensive "park the bus" and sneak in a goal at the last minute tactic.
--> It's a 50/50 that they (Man City) will win this one due to their not so stellar season start.
--> Its a must win game for them (though that applies to every other team that play I guess)

What I am curious about is that they, including a few other team forums I have read think Spurs cheat? If this is just because of Lamela's antics, this is a common thing in football is it not? I see this all the time from teams in Europe and around the world. So why is Spurs singled out.

I love to read the forums of opposing teams before they go up against Spurs, it gives me an interesting insight on their perspective.
From the Bluemoon forums, a summary so far:

--> They fear Son and Kane (as with most teams, from what I have read on other respective forums)
--> They think if they can control Son and Kane, Spurs have nothing.
--> Bale...they are hesitant due to his reputation..but not sure if he is a threat as yet.
--> They think Spurs are a bunch of cheats (I am assuming due to Lamela's recent antics?)
--> They feel Mourinho will use his defensive "park the bus" and sneak in a goal at the last minute tactic.
--> It's a 50/50 that they (Man City) will win this one due to their not so stellar season start.
--> Its a must win game for them (though that applies to every other team that play I guess)

What I am curious about is that they, including a few other team forums I have read think Spurs cheat? If this is just because of Lamela's antics, this is a common thing in football is it not? I see this all the time from teams in Europe and around the world. So why is Spurs singled out.

It is because in the past Spurs used to be a soft touch and roll over and have our tummies tickled. Now that we use their own tactics against them, we are 'cheating'. It is just football fans being myopic and hypocritcal. Usual stuff.

I love the Spurs hate to be honest, it means they fear us.

4-5-1 in this game..

Lamela will need to start I feel. Can't believe I am saying that alongside Hojbjerg, one of Ndombele or Lo Celso, Son and a n other (Maybe Winks)

Kane to spearhead obviously.

Sissoko not likely to start in this game.

Then we will have firepower to bring on if needed.

Just can't see us being open at all.

It's where we miss Alli of old. 24 and of old. Strewth but he and Eriksen would run beyond Kane and often arrive late into the box. We have not got that on a regular basis anymore which is a shame.

Hugo
Doherty Toby Dier Reg
Sissoko PEH Tanguy
Bale Kane Son

Powerful midfield required.
Hopefully they're daft enough to play a high line against us. More confident about this game than I am for the <removed>s the week after.

COYS.

I’m very confident about this one. We are due a top drawer performance having barely got out of third gear recently. Expect fireworks. I’m that confident I am having to resist the overwhelming urge to place a weighty bet on us to win 3-1, thereby jinxing us.
:pochcry:
3-1 sounds reasonable to me

:tobyarm:

Home v City Feb 20. GLC named MOTM.
  • 1Lloris
  • 24Aurier
  • 4Alderweireld
  • 6D Sánchez
  • 39Tanganga
  • 18Lo Celso
  • 8Winks
  • 7Son Heung-Min