Tottenham Hotspur v Moscow Blues | Carabao Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg | Wednesday 12 January 2022 | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If tomorrow is not filled with RELIABLE sources saying we are close to signing someone then ENIC obviously does not give a shit about the club. I 100% believe Conte played certain players today just to show the club we need investments. If we won tonight, we all know Levy would just use that as leverage to show we do not need to sign anyone.

Losing over 2 legs like we did just shows how far we are from a Champions League club. It is pathetic how little the ownership cares.

If tomorrow is not filled with RELIABLE sources saying we are close to signing someone then ENIC obviously does not give a shit about the club. I 100% believe Conte played certain players today just to show the club we need investments. If we won tonight, we all know Levy would just use that as leverage to show we do not need to sign anyone.

Losing over 2 legs like we did just shows how far we are from a Champions League club. It is pathetic how little the ownership cares.
We'll drag the Traore deal out til deadline day

One of two things will then happen

Someone else nicks him off us or we manage to just get it over the line and the clubs social media account spends the next two weeks acting like we've brought prime Messi to the club

That's it

We'll drag the Traore deal out til deadline day

One of two things will then happen

Someone else nicks him off us or we manage to just get it over the line and the clubs social media account spends the next two weeks acting like we've brought prime Messi to the club

That's it
If someone watched us play, the weaknesses are so fucking obvious. I want Traore but if that is our only deal, I really worry about top 4. I think our best XI is good enough to keep us in the top 4 race but it is going to be very frustrating for a lot of games. I do not see us winning comfortably over many teams.

No depth to change things. We have to keep plodding on with the same old squad which has been dying on its arse for several years because whatever money there has been available has been squandered on shite like Ndombele, Docherty, Emerson and lo celso. These were supposedly upgrades ffs
When they brought on Thiago, Kante etc I swore.
We had nobody in that bracket. In fact most of our starting XI aren’t fit to lace their boots. It’s so very sad to see how far we have slipped from a genuinely competitive and exciting team to this “ghost”

Agreed. We are better than Woolwich and United who are the only real competition for 4th. It's not great but it's where we are.

Really don’t think we’re better than Woolwich based on the last couple of months or so. They look a far more technically gifted, exciting group of footballers. The table is showing we’re right up there but unless we make moves this Jan I’d be surprised if we don’t drop off. NLD will tell us a great deal either way, but we will most likely be on the back foot.

I expected United to get their shit together at some point through pure talent, and maybe they still will. But don’t think they’re really playing for Rangnick and the squad is very unbalanced.

Last edited:
If someone watched us play, the weaknesses are so fucking obvious. I want Traore but if that is our only deal, I really worry about top 4. I think our best XI is good enough to keep us in the top 4 race but it is going to be very frustrating for a lot of games. I do not see us winning comfortably over many teams.
Steven Gerrard is in his job 5 mins and he’s signed a centre half for 25m that would walk into our team…..What exactly are we doing behind the scenes at this club…🤷‍♂️

Steven Gerrard is in his job 5 mins and he’s signed a centre half for 25m that would walk into our team…..What exactly are we doing behind the scenes at this club…🤷‍♂️
Villa have ambitious owners. They are doing what you are supposed to do. Bring in a manager who you believe is going to change your club and they are backing him right away. I know January is hard to sign but we should have signed at least 1 player by now.

Villa’s owners are ambitious and want to win on the field

Our owners are spending that 25m on building new flats instead - no interest in football

Last edited:
I'm reminded of the strict Calvinist who fell down a flight of stairs soon after he got out of bed. After he crashed to the floor, picked himself up and limped, scraped and bleeding, into the kitchen, he said to his wife, "Well, thank the Lord that's over and done with"

For a season or 2 under Poch we were better than Chelsea
but since then our transfers have been awful
look at our bench and their bench last night

is that Levy's fault the various managers or the DoF's ?

Be
For a season or 2 under Poch we were better than Chelsea
but since then our transfers have been awful
look at our bench and their bench last night

is that Levy's fault the various managers or the DoF's ?
You mean when they beat us in the league cup final and when we came second in the league title race oh and when they beat us in the FA cup semi final as well, yes the is right we were better than them fffs.

Back
Top Bottom