Tottenham Hotspur v. Newcastle (9/2/13)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's you, Carl.
8434165378_c6350e19ec_o.gif

Watch the guy to the left of the reporter wink as Carl gets into shot.

Wasn't Benny getting linked with the chavs before Cole signed a new contract? United's right back Rafael is a complete and utter liability, and City currently have a defence like a sieve. So I think we could pretty much say our defence is in good shape compared to our rivals.
Fair comments. Benny may have been linked with Chelsea but he isn't a patch on Ashley Cole, so he'd be a bench warmer there.

I don't know enough about Rafael to have a debate on it - but I know plenty of Spurs fans who get very, very annoyed indeed with Walker. I tend to be more tolerant. I'd say Walker is no better than Rafael, and if Fergie goes shopping for a RB, it wouldn't be Kyle he wanted.

Our defence overall is in good shape. We've got the best keeper in the league, who does a superb job in sweeping up. It's almost like having 2 players with Hugo. He makes the high line work, this gives our defence an easier time of it in general. None of our main defenders are bad players, but I think AVB has done wonders in making the sum greater than the parts.

Fair comments. Benny may have been linked with Chelsea but he isn't a patch on Ashley Cole, so he'd be a bench warmer there.

I don't know enough about Rafael to have a debate on it - but I know plenty of Spurs fans who get very, very annoyed indeed with Walker. I tend to be more tolerant. I'd say Walker is no better than Rafael, and if Fergie goes shopping for a RB, it wouldn't be Kyle he wanted.

Our defence overall is in good shape. We've got the best keeper in the league, who does a superb job in sweeping up. It's almost like having 2 players with Hugo. He makes the high line work, this gives our defence an easier time of it in general. None of our main defenders are bad players, but I think AVB has done wonders in making the sum greater than the parts.

:adeohshit: :baeshock:

I'm sure you are referring to his skills with an air rifle aren't you....

aren't you????

:adeohshit: :baeshock:

I'm sure you are referring to his skills with an air rifle aren't you....

aren't you????

You're not seriously comparing the best LB over the last ten years with Benny are you, are you????

Cole I think has a record 7 FA cup winners medals to his name - lge titles, CL, lge cups, umpteen England caps

you don't really think that Benny is anywhere near or has ever been anywhere near the level of Ashley Cole, do do you ?????

please don't do it to youreslf

ok benny is younger so i dunno possibly he'll be better than him in a couple of years time, but he'll never reach Cole's level

I'm no big fan of Benny, but surely there's not one person who understands football who thinks BAE is as good as or better than Cole

I love Daws, but I don't think he's a patch on Vidic or Rio when he was good. Love only goes so far :)

You're not seriously comparing the best LB over the last ten years with Benny are you, are you????

Cole I think has a record 7 FA cup winners medals to his name - lge titles, CL, lge cups, umpteen England caps

you don't really think that Benny is anywhere near or has ever been anywhere near the level of Ashley Cole, do do you ?????

please don't do it to youreslf

ok benny is younger so i dunno possibly he'll be better than him in a couple of years time, but he'll never reach Cole's level

I'm no big fan of Benny, but surely there's not one person who understands football who thinks BAE is as good as or better than Cole

I love Daws, but I don't think he's a patch on Vidic or Rio when he was good. Love only goes so far :)

I was kidding about Cole, but seriously he is a little rat of a man. As for Rio he has lost it big time, no where near as good in the last 2 or 3 years. Would much rather Dawson over him right now.

It does seem like Vertonghen's form has dipped recently. One thing I noticed is when Dawson and him play together, Dawson seems to get a lot more of the ball than him. Maybe this is because the other team knows to mark Vert closer and let Dawson have time because he will tend to just punt it. Or AVB could be telling Vertonghen he needs to stay deeper and not make forward runs in order to hedge against Dawson's lack of pace. Probably a combination of both.

I know but that's beside the point. In my opinion Spurs fans have put up with enough over the years to have a bit of a moan. It's in your hands bud, feel free to see your way out.
I don't see what that has to do with anything, my initial point was regarding people arguing for JV at left back over BAE, amongst other things in other threads. People can moan all they want, it's not what I was talking about.

Back
Top Bottom