Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

fk me, a lengthy break after we've won! wonders never cease.

hugo was superb last night, saving us yet again. easily the best keeper in the league.

Things I have learnt from last night.

Newcastle is wet.

Chadli is better than Ronaldo.

Naughton is possibly the best left back I have ever seen.
Newcastle is freezing
The women up here don't wear many clothes
Beer is almost as cheap as in the bar at Daggers

And on the flippant side, delighted that Chadli scored such a cracker. The amount of stick he gets....in the Liverppol disaster he was the only bright light, going past his FB with ease and sending over cross after great cross, but Soldado obviously not on the same wavelength and they were all wasted. This boy will be a BEAST

He has a contract?

Unless you're suggesting he's playing for an extension?
No, I'm suggesting that all those who said that now he had a contract he'd only phone in his performances because "that's what he did everywhere else" were talking absolute shit.

Was that not obvious, or are you just trying to shit stir?

No, I'm suggesting that all those who said that now he had a contract he'd only phone in his performances because "that's what he did everywhere else" were talking absolute shit.

Was that not obvious, or are you just trying to shit stir?
Unless you view 'shit-stirring' as querying you statement - then yes, I guess I was

:myword:

Trrific game.

• Tim Krul got wat he deserved.
• Ade netting again.
• Chadli stepped up his game and didn't look lost.
• Kaboul back, playing well (hope he will stay fit)
• Lloris, wow what a lad. Very good saves. If only he could kick straight.
• Capoue and Bentaleb. Did very well together at most points.
• We invited them a little but to much at times

Trrific game.

• Tim Krul got wat he deserved.
• Ade netting again.
• Chadli stepped up his game and didn't look lost.
• Kaboul back, playing well (hope he will stay fit)
• Lloris, wow what a lad. Very good saves. If only he could kick straight.
• Capoue and Bentaleb. Did very well together at most points.
• We invited them a little but to much at times

Was a very good performace all round, still bit confused why we sort of relax for periods of the game when its only 1 or 2 nil, I know Sherwood has talked about us taking our foot of the gas particuarly at the start of games, something to work on but no real complaints, another win, roll on next game.

Late to the party - but how good did Kaboul look!? My god that man is a beast. Please stay fit Younes.

Also worth noting that Capoue had 4 tackles and 9 interceptions, a great game defensively and was our 2nd highest passer on the night. Playing a DCM really works wonders eh Tim!?

Let's keep it up, COYS

Was a very good performace all round, still bit confused why we sort of relax for periods of the game when its only 1 or 2 nil, I know Sherwood has talked about us taking our foot of the gas particuarly at the start of games, something to work on but no real complaints, another win, roll on next game.

I think its the lack of a clear tactical plan. Sherwood seems very Redknapp like in that he lets players get on with it to a large degree, trusts them to work it out.

The problem with this is without a foundation to fall back to its easy to be inconsistent. It only takes a couple of players to start playing to a different beat and the whole thing gets out of sync and disfunctional. While of course all the time players are singing the same tune it looks brilliant.

With a basic, rehearsed shape and instruction players know where/what they should be doing at any given point and so its easier to all keep pulling in the same direction.

Half fit Kaboul - man is still a monster of a defender. He even looked better than 3/4 fit Vertonghen.

Just how would our season look, if these two had been fit all games.

We still didn't have much a clear gameplan, way too much is dependant upon Ades superb movenent (lazy?lol!) and the runs of people like Paulinho, Walker etc - but there is still plenty to be upbeat about, not just the scoreline.

Kabout back. Oh yeah. Lloris masterclass performance. Vertonghen also back and good, Naughton being reasonable out of position, Bentaleb much better going forward and Chadli with a very good short performance.

Oh - and we are closer to the title race leaders than down to 7th (which is Man Utd!)

He has a contract?

Unless you're suggesting he's playing for an extension?
For once, maybe, Ade isn't playing for a contract nor a move. He is playing for his dignity and proving the truth in his words that he will be the number one striker come the end of the season. Next season is where we need to find something new to motivate him.

debuchy.gif

Back
Top Bottom