Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

to be fair, Newcastle were pretty poor, but that hasn't stopped us losing games before! And our goal difference is now +4!!!! Liverpool, look out!!!!!!!

Lloris, wow what a lad. Very good saves. If only he could kick straight.

We should bring Paul Robinson back just to teach Lloris how to distribute the ball with his feet whilst getting Gomes to teach him how to distribute with his hands. Then we'll have the total GK!

It is a squad game though and Daws might not be 1st choice for our best centre back pairing but he's an essential part of the team in my eyes.
A great fall back to use if we have injuries and though he will privately be frustrated at lack of games when all are fit.... will he snipe and cause bad morale? Will he be in the press demanding game time or a transfer?
I seem to remember loads of media talk a year or so ago about the problems of so many foreigners in a team (Newcastle I think) and how it can be easy for the team spirit to fragment and there be factions in the team... which will certainly not help, especially in a poor run of form.
Daws plays with his heart on his sleeve, he's Spurs through and through, fantastic ambassador in interviews after games. And despite a lot of stick from groups of fans in recent times (which thanks to all the media exposure is everywhere these days) he hasn't batted an eyelid
Not being privy to what goes on behind the scenes, I can only imagine him being an excellent team member, quick to help snuff out morale and squad issues, helping new players settle etc.
Agree mate. No doubting his commitment, and I did say in another thread that he certainly still has something to offer us, but shouldn't be in the starting line-up when all fit, and therefore shouldn't be captain.

We are looking to move forward as a team and a club, and I can't imagine Dawson being at the heart of our defence in the Champions League.

Yet it was his shot which Adebayor scored on the rebound from. :kaboul:
It was a rebound kinda day!

I just personally think he needs to be more clinical, or pass more often. We can't keep giving away possession by having pot shots and nothing coming from them (very often!)

It was a rebound kinda day!

I just personally think he needs to be more clinical, or pass more often. We can't keep giving away possession by having pot shots and nothing coming from them (very often!)

I agree.....I like that he doesnt try to walk the ball into the net, like we can be gulity of at times, but, he really needs to justify his relentless appetite to shoot.

1 in 10000 isnt really cutting it..

I agree.....I like that he doesnt try to walk the ball into the net, like we can be gulity of at times, but, he really needs to justify his relentless appetite to shoot.

1 in 10000 isnt really cutting it..
Absolutely.

To be honest, given his current shooting, I'd be pleased with 1/10,000!!

"1 in 10,000 you say? I'll give it a go..." :townhmm:

Back
Top Bottom