Tottenham Hotspur v Norwich City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a shit result. Haven't seen the game cause it was my daughters birthday yesterday but its not good enough to lose to Norwich. Compare to Liverpool who come out the right side of a 4-3. I don't feel very confident if CL qualification now.

Also there was a Rumor going around that Walker was not injured he was being punished for a night out.Not sure how true
Ive heard something along the same lines.. He needs shooting if true..
195.JPG

If he was out out because he was out then thats ok.

But if he was out because he was out out thats not good.

Thats that Tarts club in Epping aint it?
All the little celebrity chasing wannabees go there, its a bit like the Sugar club.
Please dont tell me he was there on friday or saturday night?

Thats that Tarts club in Epping aint it?
All the little celebrity chasing wannabees go there, its a bit like the Sugar club.
Please dont tell me he was there on friday or saturday night?
Supposedly in there with Kevin Nolan (if twitter is to be believed)

I'm going to be having nightmares about our 10 minutes playing 352

clearly the one thing we can never afford to do is leave Dawson repeatedly one on one at the back - he got to the point where he was just kicking Hooper off the ball in the hope that he wouldn't then have to chase back.

Oh to add insult to injury, why so late? Diversion to Scotland or something.
Got an 8pm train for Norwich to Cambridge and was then supposed to get a train from Cambridge to Norwich. But that train stopped halfway between Cambridge and london. We all had to get off, were stranded in the middle of fucking nowhere for about half hour, them another train arrived that took us to Stratford station (our original train was for Liverpool street station)
Eventually arrived At Stratford just before midnight. Missed all the last tube trains, and was stuck in Stratford (I live in Hillingdon... For those without a map that's the complete opposite side of london from where I was)
Oh and to make matters worse, I didn't have my card on me and I'd spend most of the cash I took out.
What song were Norwich fans were signing for Soldado when he came on?
Literally no idea mate, could barely understand/hear em. The only thing I understood from them was something about canaries and every time we sang "you're shagging your sister" they'd come back with
"We're shagging your sisterrrr".

Got an 8pm train for Norwich to Cambridge and was then supposed to get a train from Cambridge to Norwich. But that train stopped halfway between Cambridge and london. We all had to get off, were stranded in the middle of fucking nowhere for about half hour, them another train arrived that took us to Stratford station (our original train was for Liverpool street station)
Eventually arrived At Stratford just before midnight. Missed all the last tube trains, and was stuck in Stratford (I live in Hillingdon... For those without a map that's the complete opposite side of london from where I was)
Oh and to make matters worse, I didn't have my card on me and I'd spend most of the cash I took out.

Literally no idea mate, could barely understand/hear em. The only thing I understood from them was something about canaries and every time we sang "you're shagging your sister" they'd come back with
"We're shagging your sisterrrr".

And, when " You're shagging your Mum, Norwich City, You're shagging your Mum" they replied with
" You trash your own Town, Tottenham Hotspur,You trash your own Town"
Very original.

Fuuuuck, I got the 6.50 from Norwich - which was so busy and hot it was like being on a packed tube train at the height of summer........except it was for 45 minutes and only stopped once. How they get away with only putting on three carriages is baffling.

Then got on an empty train from Ely that was supposed to go to London.......that stopped at Cambridge and we all had switch trains to a packed non-stopping train to Kings Cross - so had to stand for the entire journey.

Everything up to the first whistle was really good fun, everything after was utter shit.

My thoughts from yesterday.

Lloris. Our best player, without him we would be up shits creek. I blame it on the fact that goalkeeping is reactionary and he probably saves most things without even realising. Because he must be wondering what the fuck is going on at Tottenham. He's too good and too intelligent. We need to pay him Rooney wages and buy him Buckingham fucking palace.

Naught on. Isn't good enough, didn't look good enough. Never got into good positions, can't remember him contributing a single positive moment to the game. Defensively he seemed to be caught out of position a bit. Even he looked like he couldn't be bothered.

Dawson. Made a few 'errors' in my view. Rushed forward etc. gave the ball away a lot. (Same with lloris actually, kept smacking long balls to no one) he's no Ledley unfortunately. As captain I feel he should be getting the boys fired up and throttling anyone no putting a shift in.

Vertonghen. In the last 10 minutes he really showed what he's about. Defended great, got forward, tried to make a goal happen. Unfortunately he didn't really bother for the first 80. Definitely phoning it in a bit at the minute. Where the superJan that scored that goal against United last season? I haven't seen the Goal back yet but it was towards his side.

Rose. Lazy. Thought this kid was quick, but whenever he was caught out I don't remember seeing him sprint back. Few people around me pointed it out as well. He's not awful by any means, at least with naughton if he plays awful it doesn't matter too much because he isn't a first teamer. Rose has no competition and it shows.

Lennon. Clearly injured. Shouldn't have been playing. I actually thought he was going to go off early because he was hobbling about so much. Didn't look happy with himself. But credit to him he tried to make things happen. Came inside and linked up with the midfield, but when he has naughton behind him it just doesn't work. Walker and Lennon work so well together and we missed that tremendously. And when Lennon comes inside and the only player in spaces wanting the ball is bentaleb... Worrying. Would have benefitted massively from eriksen being on the pitch.

Capoue. Got clattered. Went off injured. Unfair to say any more.

Bentaleb. Almost anonymous. How he stayed on for 90 minutes is beyond me. I don't have any stats but seemed to me he didn't really do anything. Is have taken him off for soldado personally. We were crying out for a goal and we've got more chance of that with paulinho and soldado. At least should have been brought off for eriksen. Shocking eriksen didn't play. Against weak opposition we should play our most attracting team. That doesn't involve bentaleb.

Dembele. Phoned it in. Beat a few players. Held the ball a bit. Seemed to lose it a fair amount though. Isn't doing enough to warrant a starting place for me. Shouldn't be ahead of eriksen.

Paulinho. Put a bit of a shift in. But unspectacular to say the least. Would have benefitted greatly from how we played in the last 10 minutes but unfortunately.. He was sitting on the bench by then. Should shoot more.

Adebayor. Busy as usual. Can't do it all on his own. Came deep and went wide but lacked many options. If the midfield aren't going to bomb forward en masse then his threat is nullified. Would have benefitted from being 442 from the start. As we saw when soldado came on. Things improved dramatically.

Speaking of who... Soldado. What to say. His first touch I think was our best chance of the game. It was arguably our only real opportunity for a goal. Ball came to him maybe 10 yards out, to the right of the goal, should have buried it...Spunked it into the crowd. Evidently lacking confidence. In himself and probably in the team. As we all are. Battled a bit, but took up some odd positions and

Everything up to the first whistle was really good fun, everything after was utter shit.

That's exactly how I summed it up at about 11 last night as I passed through fucking audley.

The 8 train was just as busy. On the way there and on the way back the trains only one working toilet. Shocking service all round.

Back
Top Bottom