Tottenham Hotspur v Queens Park Rangers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bv4ZOUVIEAErLzx.jpg:large

seems to me that as a general rule Sammy - the bigger the wanker, the more they slag Redknapp off.
Most reasonably bright people can see him for what he was - the guy who bought decent football back to Spurs and got decent players to play as a decent team.
Some of us can appreciate people who do that.

Totally agree, if anything, he is a spammer or a gooner!
What does it matter, in reality? - its just the fans way of saying thanks for what you did for our club - and for the fans.
What sort of reception would Jimmy Greaves get? He didn't support Spurs as a kid - doubt whether Dave McKay or Gazza did either - but they would all get a standing ovation and a big cheer.

What does it matter, in reality? - its just the fans way of saying thanks for what you did for our club - and for the fans.
What sort of reception would Jimmy Greaves get? He didn't support Spurs as a kid - doubt whether Dave McKay or Gazza did either - but they would all get a standing ovation and a big cheer.

It has nothing to do with who he supported and you know it.

seems to me that as a general rule Sammy - the bigger the wanker, the more they slag Redknapp off.
Most reasonably bright people can see him for what he was - the guy who bought decent football back to Spurs and got decent players to play as a decent team.
Some of us can appreciate people who do that.

It's all water under the bridge now. Bale, modric and berbatov all dicked us off at the end to get a move, avb insulted the fans and sent ade to train with the kids, Timmy well was a bit naive to say the least and harry made a bit of a tit of himself with the England job. All made mistakes but it's over now, we had good times under redknapp and I don't have anything against him but hopefully with poch we can put the last two years behind us and get back to playing fun football. Then this harry debate will go away.

It's all water under the bridge now. Bale, modric and berbatov all dicked us off at the end to get a move, avb insulted the fans and sent ade to train with the kids, Timmy well was a bit naive to say the least and harry made a bit of a tit of himself with the England job. All made mistakes but it's over now, we had good times under redknapp and I don't have anything against him but hopefully with poch we can put the last two years behind us and get back to playing fun football. Then this harry debate will go away.
God, I hope you're right

It was mainly the pick-a-game Block 35/36 mob heaping the praise onto Redknapp, which happens to be amongst the only blocks with no season ticket holders.

:troll:

It was mainly the pick-a-game Block 35/36 mob heaping the praise onto Redknapp, which happens to be amongst the only blocks with no season ticket holders.

It's mostly season ticket holders who flog their tickets to others for more than the club charges. They are literally the best fans with the most valid opinions

(And they'd never pick a game)

so what? They are still Spurs supporters, and they are still saying "Thank you" to the guy for what he did for the club and for the entertainment he provided.
You only have to look at the posts on here to know that some of the worst kind of fans are the people with season tickets, who seem to think it buys them the right to pour scorn, vitriol and abuse on every servant of the club who fails to live up to their "expectations."

TBH Redknapp is easy to abuse (for other fans than the team he manages), but all in all he doesn't deserve any abuse.

I suppose my problem is with the gutter press rather than with Redknapp himself. It's as if everytime they see, hear or comment on Redknapp they wall into a fact-warp, where up is down and black is white.

He wasn't my dream choice when he joined, but he did well - and I quite enjoyed many of the soundbites he gobbed off, at the time :harrylol:

He was excellent for a period, then abysmal towards the end. So probably overall somewhere in between, keeping in mind the player at his disposal.
Will always divide opinion I suppose, but hardly deserves abuse.
I personally don't have too much of a problem with him but I wouldn't chant Yiddo at him. He isn't a legend but he did give us one of our best periods for a long time

Common sense like this has no place on an internet forum.

It could be crazier for sure, but Kaboul at RB and Ade playing in the hole behind Kane are both questionable, at least to me.

Ade got an assist. He didn't get that by being furthest up the pitch. He had 11 prem assists in his first season. He didn't get then as the last man either. I keep saying it: We need a platform and he can be a part of that: bringing in the Eriksens and Lamelas.

Ade hardly ever plays on the shoulder of the last defender. He often seeks out the ball and can be seen on the left and middle of the pitch.

As for Kaboul on the right: I'm not a knee jerk football fan. I like to plan ahead.

IMO Jan and Dier are going to be our long term centerbacks and Kyle Walker is going to be our long term right back.

I learn from our mistakes. Playing Jan on the left then back in the center completely fucked up his game to the point where he could not do either. I wanted to avoid that with Dier.

What happens when walker comes back? Now you have 3 defensive strangers next to each other and we have to gel all over again.

I'd like some continuity in the back line.

Kaboul played at right back, DM and CB in his long career. Including right back against man city where we beat them to get CL football. He's also had problems with nighling injuries. IMO he can be much better long term utility backup, in this case as a rightback than Naughton can. Like I said: Long term, do you want naughton back in there if walker breaks down after a few games back?

Do you want Dier to constantly switch positions?

I don't. I want him and Jan to be clicking to end our constant merrygoround at the back. Dier looks like he's had a decade of great coaching. Jan is another with a good head on his shoulders. Brains at the back is what we need.

Back
Top Bottom