Tottenham Hotspur v Queens Park Rangers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tumblr_m41m4zKgPE1qbygev.gif

TBH Redknapp is easy to abuse (for other fans than the team he manages), but all in all he doesn't deserve any abuse.

I suppose my problem is with the gutter press rather than with Redknapp himself. It's as if everytime they see, hear or comment on Redknapp they wall into a fact-warp, where up is down and black is white.

He wasn't my dream choice when he joined, but he did well - and I quite enjoyed many of the soundbites he gobbed off, at the time :harrylol:
It still baffles me how the media are so in-love with Redknapp. He had his best years with us, lost his head in a job he didn't have yet, tried pulling a fellow manager in with him (still doesn't have the job) - then didn't get the fucking job! Most managers would be crucified for that - but not Harry.

The new Sky Sports News HQ advert sums it up. All their presenters are talking about "keeping up-to-date with all the sports news" and "social media is alive with gossip today" - then at the end, Jim White says a couple of lines about breaking the latest transfer gossip, then his phone rings and he picks up - "'Arry, what have you got for me?"

Cringiness aside, the ironic thing is, he is the type of bloke that would fucking ring SSN and tip them off with what he's up to. :paulinhofacepalm:

i know it's probably been done to death on here but the crowd singing 'my eyes have seen the glory' in the build up to the 48 pass goal or whatever it was was class

It still baffles me how the media are so in-love with Redknapp. He had his best years with us, lost his head in a job he didn't have yet, tried pulling a fellow manager in with him (still doesn't have the job) - then didn't get the fucking job! Most managers would be crucified for that - but not Harry.

The new Sky Sports News HQ advert sums it up. All their presenters are talking about "keeping up-to-date with all the sports news" and "social media is alive with gossip today" - then at the end, Jim White says a couple of lines about breaking the latest transfer gossip, then his phone rings and he picks up - "'Arry, what have you got for me?"

Cringiness aside, the ironic thing is, he is the type of bloke that would fucking ring SSN and tip them off with what he's up to. :paulinhofacepalm:

I was gobsmacked when during the last transfer deadline day "Jim White, yellow tie, cum-fest" he was actually on his phone live on TV talking to a "source" just to hang up and then report on the phone call Id just watched him have.

That TV channel knows no bounds.

I was lucky enough to be up at the Lane for this and it's the first time in a long while where I never really doubted we'd win, when you compare that to the dour type of football under AVB it was a world apart.

It's all kind of a teaser at this part of the season, you want to believe that Lamela is going to progress, think it was on the radio I heard the comment 'he doesn't run, he glides', that Chadli works well as a more central attacking midfielder, that we might have just made a hell of a signing in Dier, don't think he put a foot wrong and looked supremely comfortable at right back, then there was Rose he not only put in a few decent tackles but made the occasional run down the wing and provided that perfectly weighted pass for Ade to finish. Vertonghen looked assured, oh and Eriksen looked dangerous and was unlucky not to score his free kick either. Whatever you want to say about QPR looking ragged, for us it was a complete performance.

It's all a bit too early to tell, Liverpool is going to be a serious test, if we win that too at the very least you can say is we've had a hell of a start.

Kaboul wouldn't work at RB, that position requires way more running up and down than CB especially with our playing style. He'll have even more injuries nor do I think he has the legs for it (anymore) or agility. Should be kept at CB. gibbs131

Back
Top Bottom