Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (28-09-19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Said it before last nights debacle, a positive result is required here, spirits badly in need of a boost, the Bayern game is looming large.
Had Spurs held out for the win in Greece, a draw against Bayern would have been an acceptable result, now it’s absolutely essential, at least.
Strongest teams possible in both games please.

Do not start Rose and Lamela together. The team can't handle the combo now with current Kane Dele and Eriksen

away with the missus this weekend.. pub crawl in Leeds.. do I bore the group and watch on my phone? Or enjoy my weekend and check the full time result?

I think we will win 2-1. But I don’t expect it to be convincing or well deserved. And certainly not entertaining.

Just had enough of this season already

I'd leave Eriksen and preferably all of the other want-aways out of the squad. They are not helping and may (hopefully will) be gone in January anyway. Sign new contracts or piss off.

I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see beyond another 90 mins of inability to break down a defensive team and a plan B which consists of a like-for-like sub at 60 mins and another desperation sub at 85 mins resulting in a 0-0 draw or 0-1 defeat.

I don't think it's going be pretty, but I hope for a full stadium and that we get behind the team; they'll be nervous enough anyway without us getting on their backs. And please, no booing at HT if we're not winning (or even losing).

COYS!

Does anyone have our winning percentage in last couple of seasons when starting Rose and Lamela together? I have a feeling that no one really checked before but it is bleak
I don't understand how you've conjured this theory in your head because they play in completely different areas of the pitch, but going back to the beginning of last season Rose and Lamela have only started on the pitch together 8 times (6 being during our terrible run of form this season) and we have won 4 - 50% win ratio. In that time period that pairing have not started on the field at the same time 58 times, we have won 34 of those, don't think this is the key to all our problems mate.

Lloris
? Alderweireld ? ?
Winks Sissoko
? Lamela Son
Kane

I assume that Aurier, Rose, Vertonghen and Ndombele will round out the starting XI but I can’t say I trust any of them right now. I think we only have these 7 players who are working hard, have the quality and are in good enough condition to help us win games.

Work harder than Southampton and we will win. Try to coast through the game like we did in the last 3 games, we are going to drop points again.

exPFosc.jpg

Gazza, Davies, Sanchez, Winks, Sissoko, Eriksen, Lamela
I doubt Sessegnon is fit!!

I am taking no chances. I will be wearing Dr Martens to the lane on Saturday. We use to win games and cups when I wore them regularly. It will be my slip on one's,my old antique lace ups will be saved for more important games.
Desperate times call for desperate measures
COYS
Can Dr Marten play RB or centre midfield ?

Back
Top Bottom