Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (28-09-19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch keeps going on about unsettled players. At some point (now) he just needs to start the players that actual want to wear the shirt. If Eriksen (if I could hazard a guess) or whoever doesn't want to be here and can't be bothered to put in a professional performance than just bite the bullet and bench him.

There's more than enough players willing to put in a shift, either for the club or because they want to pique the interest of other clubs. But if they aren't there mentally it doesn't matter how talented they are. A lot of the squad has things to prove - more than enough to field a good team.

After that Poch needs to get his tactics right. I don't know how anyone can look at the Leicester game and think that Winks is a DM. Winks can work in a 3 but not a 2, and only on the wing not deep. Go with a 4-2-3-1 and press the shit out of Southampton early in the match.

Aurier-Toby-Jan-Rose
Sissoko-Ndombele
Lamela-Dele-Son
Kane

Southampton will be on a high after their 4-0 win over Portsmouth. We need to be on it, and from the start. None of this slow dicking about.

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Winks - Ndombele
Son - Lamela - Lucas
Kane​
Has Son and Lucas starting together ever worked?

Im doing Brighton (A), Bayern & Watford in October. Thankfully i am missing Southampton at the weekend.

Brighton & Watford will put 11 behind the ball and we will struggle to break them down (as usual) so two more bore-fests. God knows what will happen vs Munich.

I'm predicting 3 wins. Not sure for which teams though.
Looks like Mensa Mensa and me in the Dispensary then!

Don't know about the pubs but there's a sensational Indian. The Shebab. I think it's on The Headrow but Google it just to check.

Yeh? I’ll give it a check! Northern curry houses are always much better and cheaper! Especially the ones without a booze license

Has Son and Lucas starting together ever worked?
I was thinking about this earlier. I think Lucas is good coming off the bench. He works well as an impact sub.

The midfield 3 worked well vs Leicester, but I don't know about it when playing a team who are most likely going to put 11 men behind the ball. It's just who to do you drop?

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Winks - Ndombele
Son - Eriksen - Lamela
Kane
Have Sissoko and Lucas as options from the bench. Wouldn't be against Dier sitting in front of the defense and Ndombele and Eriksen ahead of him with Alli and Son behind Kane either. When Lo Celso and Sessengon are back we'll have real options to change it, which will help.

Eriksen can't surely play. He's unmotivated, disinterested and not even been that good for 18 months or so. Lo Celso when he returns will have to step in. Eriksen's a posion chalice.

Never mind jumping on the Tony Cascarino band wagon making out you have a fresh idea..
. you’re cluelessness abounds :roseunsure:

Back
Top Bottom