Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (28-09-19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Having Dier back will be a massive bonus to us, once Lo Celso is fit and we have Sess as a backup option at LB and when Ndombele gets used to the fitness levels of the PL we will be much better than we are currently imo.

Also, we need a RB in January, no ifs or buts, needs to happen.

Funny but just seeing our players give that sort of commitment today tells me that we will be ok, we just need to have a bit of a clear out and freshen things up a bit, I am confident we can do it.

Tactically I thought we were poor but it's clear from that display the manager hasn't lost the dressing room and these players still play with pride for the club and that's what matters the most imo.

Overall it's a massive result when looking at our recent form and hopefully this will be the turning point for us now.
Definitely.

But, ironically, that 441 was the most compact, organised and disciplined we've looked for loooong time.

Huge win. Thought Toby, Jan, Rose, Ndombele and Kane were all outstanding. Hugo in fairness too pulled some great saves out of the bag second half.

Say what you want about tactics or subs or whatnot, but don't dare say these players have stopped playing for the manager.

COYS.

A fighting performance... 3 points against the odds... In retrospect, that's more heartening than if we'd flat-tracked their ass like Palace.

Just don’t think he looks like the game changing CM we all wanted for so long.
Silly mindset by you and any fan that thinks this simply. There is only 1 game changing player in the world and he's getting old now. It's a team sport and that is a ridiculous expectation to put on any player. We need players ALL around and not one 22 year old kid from France. Only foolish and simple-minded supporters expected a 'game changer'. We needed to address the MF with at least 3 new players and not this bullshit roy of the rovers crap.

Last edited:
Definitely.

But, ironically, that 441 was the most compact, organised and disciplined we've looked for loooong time.

Can't disagree with that at all, I think Poch has had his confidence knocked a bit as well, I am hoping that results like today and the commitment shown might get him out of his rut a little bit as well.

He has never been great tactically though let's face it, his biggest strength is getting a shift out of players and commitment that goes above and beyond.

Having Dier back will be a massive bonus to us, once Lo Celso is fit and we have Sess as a backup option at LB and when Ndombele gets used to the fitness levels of the PL we will be much better than we are currently imo.

Also, we need a RB in January, no ifs or buts, needs to happen.

Funny but just seeing our players give that sort of commitment today tells me that we will be ok, we just need to have a bit of a clear out and freshen things up a bit, I am confident we can do it.
Dier is huge. If he can stay healthy and get match fit, be it CB or DM, he’s important.

Might be his last game for us then, happening to often he's just braindead

To be honest, I hope Poch goes back into the dressing room, puts him arm around him and has a joke about it. Tells him not to make any more stupid mistakes and watches to see if he works his bollocks off in training.

We can't think like that anymore. If players are under that sort of pressure, they implode.

Plus, why is Aurier finished, when our Club Captain decided to try a Cruyff turn in the six yard area (again), and gave away a goal. Objectively, that was even more stupid.

I don't disagree that maybe we might need to drop Aurier, but we should never willingly shatter his confidence.

Ps - sry, didn't mean to disagree - fat fingers trying to work out the quote button.

Definitely.

Come on, that’s bullshit, we let them get numerous balls across our box from our left, the difference was they just couldn’t get on the end of something, we were no more defensively robust today than we were against Woolwich, Southampton just have shitter forwards.

We allowed less dangerous situations against Leicester.

Massively mate, we need his voice on the pitch and his talent (I think people forget how good he can actually be at his best.)
If someone is out for a while people tend to just toss them in the dumpster. Wanyama looks physically shot unfortunately but nothing I’ve seen from Dier indicates any fitness issue. He just had horrific injury/illness luck last season.

Great match for Ndombele. Really growing into the team. Love that goal scoring was his weak point and he already has 2 this season. Great eye for a pass as well.

Sissoko immense. Really found a place in this team.

Kane. What else is left to say.

Still didn’t like the tactics even in the first half. We need a right sided Son. Ndombele could be enough of a playmaker in a midfield 3 if we had a legit threat down the right side

Back
Top Bottom