Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (28-09-19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

lol Never said there was.

My point is that, to me, anyway, we all looked on the same page.

Got a sense of relatively calm cohesion - considering the situation - that I haven't in a long time, from them.

I'm talking about essence and 'feel' rather than stats and stacking blocks.

Of late we've been back to having on-field meltdowns.

For me, we got some of our steel back from seeing that out.

Considering how we started, Aurier getting booted and Hugo engaging clown mode, that was an important result at a crucial time.

I'm angry about several things about our game before Aurier was carded, but overall that was a super net + performance for us.

It came at a crucial time and should lift confidence and put a half-smile on Poch's face.

I see where ya coming from, mate, but we're just not gonna agree on this.

It's a fuck of a lot easier to look on the same page when all you are doing is getting everyone behind the ball and whacking it upfield every time you get it.

Great we got the result in testing conditions, but let's also be real. Sorry mate, just not seeing some epiphany here.

Has anyone heard the rumour about Jan and Eriksen? Someone just text me it but don't know whether it's old news.

If there's any truth in it it makes Eriksen look a lot better.
Heard it from Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman this afternoon.... (Nice seeing you again, and meeting Mensa Mensa btw!)

None of US could believe it tbh!

Apparently Kane did the chinning on Eriksen's behalf... still find ANY of it hard to believe... and probably the work of some 14 year Gooner Bedroom internet troll!

Heard it from Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman this afternoon.... (Nice seeing you again, and meeting Mensa Mensa btw!)

None of US could believe it tbh!

Apparently Kane did the chinning on Eriksen's behalf... still find ANY of it hard to believe... and probably the work of some 14 year Gooner Bedroom internet troll!
It sounds like fantasy but it does tie in with a few things...

Why else

Jan Black eye?
Jan dropped despite playing all our preseason games?
Eriksen not a starter at the beginning?

I'm still 80 percent it's rollocks though.

Just back from the game. Obviously not the scintillating Spurs we all want to see but ultimately very happy to come away with the three points, a hard fought victory.

I thought Tanguy, Winks, Kane and Lamela when he came on were all fantastic.
I don't want to dig out Eriksen for the sake of it but he really did look very poor every time he got on the ball, I don't think it's a question of commitment, more that his confidence is just completely shot.

I was sat in the SE corner and thought the fans and atmosphere were superb today, everyone backed the team in a big way. Had the privilege of being sat next to a woman in her 70s who sang her heart out all game, proper support.

Feel much more confident going into Tuesday off the back of that performance. COYS!
Eriksen should be fucking dropped.

Plain and simple.

Mrs P is the one you need to speak too...
We don't believe any of it tbh, but if true, it explains a lot!

It's all very "Alan Pardew and the Kit man's wife" if you ask me!!

It's bollocks.... Someone posted a vid of J & C larking about together in training this week.

It sounds like fantasy but it does tie in with a few things...

Why else

Jan Black eye?
Jan dropped despite playing all our preseason games?
Eriksen not a starter at the beginning?

I'm still 80 percent it's rollocks though.

Vertonghen was out of the team because a german club made an offer to sign him and he asked to leave - they were offering him a long contract.

Eriksen wasn't starting because he wanted to go to Real Madrid, even though they never made an offer.

It's as simple as that

Back
Top Bottom