Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (28-09-19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss the latest matches, our players and any transfer news surrounding Spurs. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Heard it from Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman this afternoon.... (Nice seeing you again, and meeting Mensa Mensa btw!)

None of US could believe it tbh!

Apparently Kane did the chinning on Eriksen's behalf... still find ANY of it hard to believe... and probably the work of some 14 year Gooner Bedroom internet troll!
I’ve been told someone started that story on Facebook, absolute bollocks

Great to meet you mate and see the magnificent Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman again, the stadium is pretty incredible I must say, I cannot get over how many fans were there. That game would have got less than 30k at the old lane not too long ago, it just shows how the profile of the club has escalated since regular champions league football

As for the game, we are lucky Southampton were very poor second half didn’t capitalize at all, we stayed pretty disciplined, called the Aurier sending off way before it happened, I knew they would expose our right after the yellow

We just need someone who should ask for ball and have vision, basically what Eriksen should be, him and Alli have been poor for so long

Respect to Hugo for making amends for the worst conceded goal I have seen live and 2 good finishes despite the lack of creativity

I have to say whoever come up with the idea of 2 CB’s in the 6 yard box for goal kicks is insane, i want to see the video the analysis of it working, as it clearly is insanity, glad it went away immediately

Was good to be home COYS

Register to remove

Mrs Perryman

I'm a Cockney Malteser
I felt quite confident once the game started, as we looked quite lively. Surprised that Eriksen was starting and Erik on the bench. Tanguy looked on the ball and took his goal well. Disappointed with the sending off as I think Serge was caught out by thinking the ball had gone off and we all stopped playing. When Hugo showed some fancy footwork (auditioning for Strictly?) for their goal, thought the game was only going to go one way, especially after our mid-week showing. However, I was delighted to see us showing some real fighting spirit to get a win in a difficult situation. Hugo redeemed himself by making two excellent saves. Tiddly was immense, as was Moussa and Harry. But everyone stepped up today, which shows we can do it when we put our minds to it. Let's keep it going against Bayern Munich.

Mrs Perryman

I'm a Cockney Malteser
Forgot to mention, so happy to see Mr P at half time, especially looking so well. I was very tempted to try and get on the pitch, but would have needed a parachute from my seat! Glad he was there to see us win.
😍😘🥰

Register to remove

CSWY

Supporter
Nothing to add to the comments posted but I will anyway. This felt huge. 1-1 with 10 men. Time to show what we had in the tank. Finally, a marker for the season.

Harry was immense. Moussa, Sonny, Toby, Jan and Danny were superb overall despite a few shaky moments.

Atmosphere was poor. Never turned too negative but was quiet. Nobody on my row - or behind - was the the usual STH. Whole experience at the ground is so clearly geared towards fans as consumers. WHL was so much more fun and genuine. As for the wankers playing music afterwards...

Spent too long in Redemption Brewing afterwards which was nice. Trains fucked so just kept going. Wife gone to bed early so won’t get moaned at until the morning.

Overall decent. COYS.

There was no tactics.

We were getting fucking battered and he just took off an AM for and AM and a CM for a CM.

There was no answer for having ten men. He’s played Sissoko RB before, there was nothing he did to deal with them.

The players just dig deep.

We weren’t getting fucking battered.

They had the ball but were pretty useless with it. They didn’t commit enough bodies forward. It was a far less nerve wracking second half than I expected.

The boys marshalled it through very well.

Sissoko played well at RB. Ndombele looked good. Jan and Toby looked assured. Winks put in a shift. Lamela was a good choice to come on at 60mins, he did well.

After a rubbish week, having to dig 3pts out was probably the best medicine we could have had (thanks Serge....)

:lamelaaghh:

Nothing to add to the comments posted but I will anyway. This felt huge. 1-1 with 10 men. Time to show what we had in the tank. Finally, a marker for the season.

Harry was immense. Moussa, Sonny, Toby, Jan and Danny were superb overall despite a few shaky moments.

Atmosphere was poor. Never turned too negative but was quiet. Nobody on my row - or behind - was the the usual STH. Whole experience at the ground is so clearly geared towards fans as consumers. WHL was so much more fun and genuine. As for the wankers playing music afterwards...

Spent too long in Redemption Brewing afterwards which was nice. Trains fucked so just kept going. Wife gone to bed early so won’t get moaned at until the morning.

Overall decent. COYS.
Things sounded loud and lively on my feed? I thought that the fans did a great job in trying to lift the boys and it sounded good to me, despite there not being a lot to get excited about in the second half. Obviously I wasn't there, so I could be wrong.

Airfixx

Cherub
Things sounded loud and lively on my feed? I thought that the fans did a great job in trying to lift the boys and it sounded good to me, despite there not being a lot to get excited about in the second half. Obviously I wasn't there, so I could be wrong.
Indeed, felt from the TV that the stadium got behind the boys pretty well in the second half.

They got on our backs for being quiet in the first half but didn't hear a peep out of their lot once they'd equalised.

End the season now.

Overall decent. COYS.
I've done a 180 on Moussa. If used correctly, he's a real asset. Never mind the subtleties, he gives everything and he's solid. Get him to kick the snot out of Lewandowski.

We weren’t getting fucking battered.

They had the ball but were pretty useless with it. They didn’t commit enough bodies forward. It was a far less nerve wracking second half than I expected.

The boys marshalled it through very well.

Sissoko played well at RB. Ndombele looked good. Jan and Toby looked assured. Winks put in a shift. Lamela was a good choice to come on at 60mins, he did well.

After a rubbish week, having to dig 3pts out was probably the best medicine we could have had (thanks Serge....)

:lamelaaghh:
I think danny Rose deserves credit, fought all the way. And Lloris made up for his error. Sissoko was MOM for me. Harry Kane was the real captain sticking up for teammates against a hostile ref.

Game was a metaphor for how we’re going to have be as fans and a club whilst we’re in this difficult transition.

If you still believe in Pochettino, then it’s time to batten down the hatches and support the team in this next period. The team got that today from the crowd and pulled through.

Register to remove

BangkokSpud

Supporter
You had your blood pressure checked recently mate? I say this sincerley because you let what others post wind you up far too much.

Instead of commenting on other posters as people and flinging insults which just devalue your point, comment on the match instead, do you really care what other people think deep down inside? Or are you just happy we have turned a corner? If you have a problem with what bus-conductor bus-conductor said then criticise his points, not him as a person, or you know, do what you want as you always seem to do.

I am thrilled we actually managed to win a game, especially with 10 men and our current form, the commitment on show was excellent, not pretending like it was perfect, far from it, tactically we were very flawed and we need massive improvements going forward still but the most important thing for me is the players are still playing for the manager which was my biggest concern before today.

I think bus-conductor bus-conductor makes some good points about us at the back, we really do need to improve but I also agree with you when you say that the commitment was excellent with 10 men especially with the form we have been in.
That was a late night pissed up post which I stand by this morning 100%

I'd just watched the lads put in the best battling performance of the seasons, all the Spurs fans out here were celebrating the result and the way we achieved it - stupidly on arriving home just popped on the site to get some more positive reaction ... but wait

The usual fun sucking trolls are already on posting their gloom and doom ... they need to get their own life not keeping sucking the life from everyone else ... no apologies for calling them out out as cunts.

Top Bottom