Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (28-09-19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure we'd stand much chance going out there with 6 players on the pitch

Sad and true

Guess I’d go try

Hugo
Aurier - Dier - Sanchez - Davies
Sissoko - Winks - Ndombele
Lamela
Son - Kane

Don’t love the shape but our hands are tied

Harsh on Lucas but you need at least 1 legit option on the bench

exPFosc.jpg

Gazza, Davies, Sanchez, Winks, Sissoko, Eriksen, Lamela
Kane,Son and and Maura to start. Yes and Keith Burkinshaw is coming back as caretaker manager!

Eriksen categorically cannot play.

We need Lamela and Ndombele to step up and create our chances. Winks needs to chip in too.

Think we'll win. Southampton will actually come at us, which will help.

It's Brighton where we'll struggle. Could easily see us losing that to a scrappy goal.

Eriksen categorically cannot play.

We need Lamela and Ndombele to step up and create our chances. Winks needs to chip in too.

Think we'll win. Southampton will actually come at us, which will help.

It's Brighton where we'll struggle. Could easily see us losing that to a scrappy goal.
Eriksen can't surely play. He's unmotivated, disinterested and not even been that good for 18 months or so. Lo Celso when he returns will have to step in. Eriksen's a posion chalice.

How can we expect to beat anyone now

Expecting to beat teams leads to nights like last night....

I know you're speaking from a fan perspective but I'm still not of the opinion that doing so helps anyone.... Notably, fans inside the stadium.

Lloris
? Alderweireld ? ?
Winks Sissoko
? Lamela Son
Kane

I assume that Aurier, Rose, Vertonghen and Ndombele will round out the starting XI but I can’t say I trust any of them right now. I think we only have these 7 players who are working hard, have the quality and are in good enough condition to help us win games.

Work harder than Southampton and we will win. Try to coast through the game like we did in the last 3 games, we are going to drop points again.
Alderweireld isn't working hard either. Sadly we're paying the price of not bringing in defenders when we needed them.

We need some continuity with our lineups.
Hard to rebuild confidence in the team when players don't know if they'll play the next game.

Could the problem be Poch is too busy predicting all the problems he perceives we'll have that he's not focusing on the actual problems we might have?

Back
Top Bottom