Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (28-09-19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apart from villa, where he completely changed the game??
Poch also changed the formation as well, we were playing so narrow with a front 3 basically all camped in the box and if I remember correctly before Erisken came on son and was it Lamela both went wide and this stretched the defence

That’s irrelevant, he is gone, his head was turned ages ago , we need to find a way to play without him so the sooner we do the better! Let Lamela feel his void until GLC is up to speed , also play with Aurier and Rose so we have some threat from out wide

It does now seen clear that we have find a new way to take teams on.

The truth of the matter is that Eriksen is no Messi but for us has been the orchestrator in chief.

As we can also see, even with an expensively put together cast such as Barcelona, the loss through whatever means of that person takes a lot of adjusting to.

It is however a matter of the private discussions Pochettino has or may be having with Levy that is key.

Ticking along might be the "agreed" path until next summer.

These are the players that have played and the team has lost. The mix is not right. Dier and Dele were plagued with injury/illness all year and I am not sure if fully fit . Many supporters are saying we need a proper defensive midfielder and Dier has done that successfully in the past. Dele gives a very different threat to anyone else. I think if and I am not sure if they are over their problems they should start. Doubt they could then play Tuesday but let's get 3 points and worry about Tuesday then.
Dele's poor displays in pl and cup matches doesn't merit him a place in the starting xi tomorrow.

Last edited:
Poch also changed the formation as well, we were playing so narrow with a front 3 basically all camped in the box and if I remember correctly before Erisken came on son and was it Lamela both went wide and this stretched the defence
This.
Public perception that he 'changed' the game is bollocks. Certainly he done well when he came on, but we were pushing and pushing at the time and the game flow had already changed by then. Was he directly involved in any of the goals? Lamela and Kane changed the game.

I think we should go back to good old 4-4-2 and let Harry Kane and Son form a good old fashioned strike pairing. Winks and Ndombele in midfield. Moura and Sessegnon on the wings. Back four as is and Lloris in goal when he's available. Sissoko should provide good competition for places on the wings and midfield and Lamela, Eriksen and Alli can fill in as required - they might even play a bit better when they realise they're not guaranteed first team places.

It's time to get rid of the prima donna "playmakers" and go back to basics.

I think we should go back to good old 4-4-2 and let Harry Kane and Son form a good old fashioned strike pairing. Winks and Ndombele in midfield. Moura and Sessegnon on the wings. Back four as is and Lloris in goal when he's available. Sissoko should provide good competition for places on the wings and midfield and Lamela, Eriksen and Alli can fill in as required - they might even play a bit better when they realise they're not guaranteed first team places.

It's time to get rid of the prima donna "playmakers" and go back to basics.
I don't think Sessegnon will play....i don't think he'll ever play.....:pochrolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom