Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (28-09-19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That was the plan, next door is a shop owned by the landlord with an adjoining door in the bar, so food no problem. I'm sure after a few Guinness the pool table would look very comfy.
If you're stuck, I've got a bloody great house with a whole empty wing, in Sussex, just outside E. Grinstead. . Edwin Lutyens for the more educated of you. You (and any other supporters who can behave) are always welcome. We have an indoor pool and a sauna. But keep your grimy hands off of my wife. She's exactly how you might expect a well conditioned Italian woman to look but hands off. The billiard room has more alcohol in it than my local. Love to have you (and well screened others) over for an away game.

Have to see a positive reaction to the mid week result and Poch's recent statement about everyone being committed to sorting out the internal problems that currently exist.
Any hint of lethargy or complacency from the squad will be quickly picked up by worried and concernd Spurs supporters.
A confident and assured performance plus a comfortable victory is required. Anything less will unfortunately keep the rumour mills turning.
Right. And we can be quite sure Eddie Howe is very aware of our problems and he'll certainly try to attack where we appear weakest. Sanchez must not play RB under any circumstances. Aurier to start there. Hope Tanguy plays well and if Eriksen does start which I don't think he will, please let him have one of those too rare special days. Definitely Lamela and Winks. If harry doesn't seem to be in the game, which I doubt, Lucas on at half time. Son always. Like to see Dier as CD. Maybe give GLC a run around too. And don't concede just before halftime....please!

GAME DAY! And I'm growing more and more confident with every passing hour. (Or is that with every gin and tonic that passes my lips?)

Come on you Spurs. Let's smash these fuckers into oblivion.

Confident. Based on what?

Got to say anyone who is looking forward to this game today must be a bit warped.

I would expect tension galore but with us who knows. Part of the problem.

This is the earliest I have left for a game day ever! Still got to work this morning and heading to the game after, looking forward to this one as it will give us an indication of how the next few months will be and whether poch has still got the respect and control of the dressing room! I’m predicting a good first half where we put the game to bed early,

Now or never.

The thing about the start of this season is that I thought this would have been last season.

We have new blood but it's young blood and in that regard our old guard, the players who 2 years ago would have epitomised desire, quality and pride have drifted off centre stage.

In other words the starting point for the turnaround, if it can be achieved under Pochettino is well overdue.

The tests are when we fall behind, home or away. Is there enough togetherness to fight?

Right. And we can be quite sure Eddie Howe is very aware of our problems and he'll certainly try to attack where we appear weakest. Sanchez must not play RB under any circumstances. Aurier to start there. Hope Tanguy plays well and if Eriksen does start which I don't think he will, please let him have one of those too rare special days. Definitely Lamela and Winks. If harry doesn't seem to be in the game, which I doubt, Lucas on at half time. Son always. Like to see Dier as CD. Maybe give GLC a run around too. And don't concede just before halftime....please!
Don't think you'll see a half time substitution any time soon and I hope no Eriksen at all. Let's do this without him and show him he's not that indispensable. Agree about all of the rest though....
. :coys:
Eddie Howe......how ?

Last edited:

Eddie Howe may be aware of our problems, not sure what it's got to do with him today though :pochsmirk:

Nice...

• Tottenham have lost nine of their last 18 Premier League fixtures. Prior to this run, they had lost just nine of 50 top-flight matches.

Hugo

Aurier Toby Jan Rose

Winks Dier Ndombele

Lucas Kane Son

Strongest team, no fucking about apart from Ndombele and Dier, for whom we are desperate to get into form

If you're stuck, I've got a bloody great house with a whole empty wing, in Sussex, just outside E. Grinstead. . Edwin Lutyens for the more educated of you. You (and any other supporters who can behave) are always welcome. We have an indoor pool and a sauna. But keep your grimy hands off of my wife. She's exactly how you might expect a well conditioned Italian woman to look but hands off. The billiard room has more alcohol in it than my local. Love to have you (and well screened others) over for an away game.
= I like you, you can come round to my house and shag my wife while I watch

Can anyone do me a solid and let me know how many ours until kickoff. Daylight savings here tonight and don’t wanna mess up the time. Cheers!

I believe we will kick start our season today. 3 or 4-0. Maybe 4-1. The players will show more fight than we’ve seen recently.
COYS!

Back
Top Bottom