Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (28-09-19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Man, the day is so much better when you win!

Can sit sit back and chill now with Everton City, then the Madrid derby and then MOTD.

few beers, chipper delivery - bliss!

happy Saturday lads and lasses!

Last edited:
Great performance from the team and brilliant result. Sissoko was a great stand in right back. For such a big guy, he has some stamina. That second goal was sexy as f@$k. Just need consistency now.

COYS

Big balls shown to hang on to that-fuck me though we really shoot ourselves in the foot don't we.
In all hugos years of horrendous gaffs that was the worst, fucking shocking goal to give away.
Not forgetting a few decent saves after that, this is not what you need from your world cup winning captain in a huge dip as we have been-hes got plenty of previous too, we really should be looking at recruiting our future keeper this summer if we ain't already.
As soon as Aurier did that wild tackle you KNEW he would walk, fucking braindead moron and yet still prob our best RB, thats frightening.
Thought winks, harry and lamela were superb and showed proper guts today along with a few others but these mistakes and braindead moments must stop now.

Come on, that’s bullshit, we let them get numerous balls across our box from our left, the difference was they just couldn’t get on the end of something, we were no more defensively robust today than we were against Woolwich, Southampton just have shitter forwards.

We allowed less dangerous situations against Leicester.

Always some cunt looking to be negative ... a massive battling defensive performance with a man short and yet some stupid negative wanker wants to come on and compare it with Woolwich and Leicester ... what a cunt

Come on, that’s bullshit, we let them get numerous balls across our box from our left, the difference was they just couldn’t get on the end of something, we were no more defensively robust today than we were against Woolwich, Southampton just have shitter forwards.

We allowed less dangerous situations against Leicester.
The extra man gave them an expected advantage.

Would have been surprised if they didn't have the extra chances they made.

From my point of view, we looked far more harmonious than I have seen in a long time.

Was difficult to recover when we broke and our shape fractured, but all in all I'm very pleased with that aspect, after we went a man down.

It actually forced Poch towards simplicity instead of the tactical noise he started with.

To be honest, I hope Poch goes back into the dressing room, puts him arm around him and has a joke about it. Tells him not to make any more stupid mistakes and watches to see if he works his bollocks off in training.

We can't think like that anymore. If players are under that sort of pressure, they implode.

Plus, why is Aurier finished, when our Club Captain decided to try a Cruyff turn in the six yard area (again), and gave away a goal. Objectively, that was even more stupid.

I don't disagree that maybe we might need to drop Aurier, but we should never willingly shatter his confidence.

Ps - sry, didn't mean to disagree - fat fingers trying to work out the quote button.

Like I said missed the game so didn't see the Lloris fuck up but we know he also has a gaff in him.

And I think the issue with Aurier is it's very common with him that he either plays a blinder like against Palace, or shits the bed like tonight. He obviously needs upgrading on but atm he is the best we have IMO. But I know what Poch is like he's froze Aurier out before

Dier is huge. If he can stay healthy and get match fit, be it CB or DM, he’s important.
He's slow, looks very heavy, and is a proven liability in giving the ball away in dangerous positions.

He will have to have a full match smashing it for me to regain any faith in him.

Seen too much rubbish from him for far too long.

Great result all things considered.

Hopefully gives the team spirit a boost in the arm.

Fully expect Spurs Chemistry rating on FIFA to be updated now. (And very important this is done before Tuesday night).

People can be way too romantic about some players and have very short memories.

I know we all want to have the same feeling about them as we did when poch got us peaking and Dier and Alli brought proper value, but those days have gone imo and we have to be realistic.

Also, Harry doesn't press anymore and it is going to hurt us bad this season if he starts at point all the time.

One thing is for certain, that changing room ain't fractured the way it's made out.

And lol @ the tabloid bullshit about Chris and Jan. Not a sniff of it in the papers but some random on twitter puts it about and it's gospel.

Great match for Ndombele. Really growing into the team. Love that goal scoring was his weak point and he already has 2 this season. Great eye for a pass as well.

Sissoko immense. Really found a place in this team.

Kane. What else is left to say.

Still didn’t like the tactics even in the first half. We need a right sided Son. Ndombele could be enough of a playmaker in a midfield 3 if we had a legit threat down the right side

L-U-C-A-S...... :pocheyes:

He's slow, looks very heavy, and is a proven liability in giving the ball away in dangerous positions.

He will have to have a full match smashing it for me to regain any faith in him.

Seen too much rubbish from him for far too long.
Southampton basically couldn’t complete a pass after he got on. He made a big difference just today. Obviously he needs to continue getting match fit, but he’s the only player on the roster physically and tactically capable of playing DM.

Back
Top Bottom