Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (28-09-19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sissoko short term for me get Dier in the middle of the park and go back to that 3-4-3 we played in the season Chelsea won the league best we looked for me that
Dier/Sissoko next to Ndombele with Dele/Lo Celso/Lamela next to Son/Lucas and Kane up top with Sessegnon /KWP as wingbacks works for me.

Charlie Nicholas’s disappointment at Southampton not taking something from today’s game on Soccer Saturday was palpable, he looked devastated and totally let down by their inability to get even a point.
😭

People can be way too romantic about some players and have very short memories.

I know we all want to have the same feeling about them as we did when poch got us peaking and Dier and Alli brought proper value, but those days have gone imo and we have to be realistic.

Also, Harry doesn't press anymore and it is going to hurt us bad this season if he starts at point all the time.
giphy.gif

One thing is for certain, that changing room ain't fractured the way it's made out.

And lol @ the tabloid bullshit about Chris and Jan. Not a sniff of it in the papers but some random on twitter puts it about and it's gospel.
It’s pretty ridiculous since I heard Eriksen invited Jan over to tag team Eiffel Tower but of course some twitter moron distorts the truth.

People can be way too romantic about some players and have very short memories.

I know we all want to have the same feeling about them as we did when poch got us peaking and Dier and Alli brought proper value, but those days have gone imo and we have to be realistic.

Also, Harry doesn't press anymore and it is going to hurt us bad this season if he starts at point all the time.

Says the thinking man... :pocheyes:

10 goals in 10 games this season. Ditch him. :angryscouser:

Dier/Sissoko next to Ndombele with Dele/Lo Celso/Lamela next to Son/Lucas and Kane up top with Sessegnon /KWP as wingbacks works for me.

What's this common obsession with a 'wonky' front 3? I just don't get it.....

Lucas / Kane / Son is SUCH a no-brainer to me....

Fair play to the team , they showed character today

We have some big problems to fix though
Like not getting reds 30 minutes in and Lloris kicking the ball into his own net?

We had a slow first 10 minutes but were starting to look the better side when Ndombele scored. I don’t think there’s much to take away from this besides the result and the resilience the team showed.

What's this common obsession with a 'wonky' front 3? I just don't get it.....

Lucas / Kane / Son is SUCH a no-brainer to me....

I love Lucas, but I’m not sure he can play that right sided position. He ends up treading on Harry’s toes.

Think he might be more suited to a front two.

Always some cunt looking to be negative ... a massive battling defensive performance with a man short and yet some stupid negative wanker wants to come on and compare it with Woolwich and Leicester ... what a cunt

You had your blood pressure checked recently mate? I say this sincerley because you let what others post wind you up far too much.

Instead of commenting on other posters as people and flinging insults which just devalue your point, comment on the match instead, do you really care what other people think deep down inside? Or are you just happy we have turned a corner? If you have a problem with what bus-conductor bus-conductor said then criticise his points, not him as a person, or you know, do what you want as you always seem to do.

I am thrilled we actually managed to win a game, especially with 10 men and our current form, the commitment on show was excellent, not pretending like it was perfect, far from it, tactically we were very flawed and we need massive improvements going forward still but the most important thing for me is the players are still playing for the manager which was my biggest concern before today.

I think bus-conductor bus-conductor makes some good points about us at the back, we really do need to improve but I also agree with you when you say that the commitment was excellent with 10 men especially with the form we have been in.

Back
Top Bottom